Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebmyers View Post
    Unlimited ammo for weapons?
    I'll take "what was a really poor decision on the dev teams part" for $600, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'll take "what was a really poor decision on the dev teams part" for $600, Alex.
    And as a long term hunter i'll say "fuck no". Annoying gold sink that left me horrendously short on bag space 24/7

Rift has been like this for a while and it makes it so much easier to do your crafting while keeping your bags managed.

Even more use for the extra large profession bags. Some of us use the guild bank however and this change wont effect us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    And as a long term hunter i'll say "fuck no". Annoying gold sink that left me horrendously short on bag space 24/7
    Considering it's the easiest to play pure dps class there gotta be some drawbacks, such as buying and carrying arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    I understand players will love this change, but tbh this is just stupid.
    Transmog from bank is OK, but craft? It doesn't make sense.
    Ahem...

I love this change, makes professions so much more convenient.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Considering it's the easiest to play pure dps class there gotta be some drawbacks, such as buying and carrying arrows.
    It's easy to be a hunter, it's a different story to be a good or great hunter.

And no, I don't play a hunter, same can be said for basically every pure dps class, none are "hard" to play.

There is a difference in mastering your class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    QoL changes do not need to makes sense. Also, Because magic. I can fit a 150+ assorted riding beasts in my back pocket and now I can magically get items from the bank while crafting.
    Basically this; if "crafting from bank" is what made your suspension of disbelief falter, how did you even got past mounts?

Annoying it may be, but crafting without mats in your bag is just bizarre.
    I used to carry the artifacts required to summon 5 kodos, 4 wolves, two flaming demon horses and a couple of ridable dinosaurs in the same bag that would be "full" after harvesting a dozen souls. Realism went out of the window long ago.

So, I open enchanting window.

I type into the search menu "jade" (or whatever)

I see it takes X things and Y therngs. I shift click my stack of things and try to enter X, but it goes into the search window. I have to remember the mats, close the window, drag them over, open the window, find the enchant.

I'm sure they could fix this somehow, but honestly, why fuck with all that?

Its a great change it means i can bot the auction house even better.

I hope they change the way mail works aswell so i can literally just leave my account AFK in front of the AH everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post

As a fellow long term hunter (high five!), I'll say that ammo and pet maintenance micro-management are 2 interesting traits that once taken away, made our class far less interesting / unique. The requirement to make decisions, however, trivial, is one of the biggest draws of the genre.

YMMV of course.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Up next: Bank, AH, and mailboxes are simply tabs much like your glyph panel. No need to go to town ever, unless you happen to be out of glyph swap tomes.

Scratch that, we'll get rid of those too.

"Streamlining".

I can even see the powerpoint for it.

Going back to town = YUCK!
    Your post sort of makes it sound like players never go to town? Not sure about everyone else, but my main spends 90% of time in town nowadays?
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't make sense.
    Yes, It doesn't really make sense, but must things in WoW make little to no sense like getting your giant Dragon mount in a mailbox.

Why is transmog ok, but not crafting ?
    How can we carry around several dozen items of armor or weapons in our bags and not be weighed down.
    How can we summon a mount out of the ether, even for non-magical classes.
    Where the hell did that crane put the sword I just looted from it.

Stop looking for logic in a game which mails you dragons.

If realism is your concern, well you've got bigger problems.

Otherwise this is a decent QoL change IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    If realism is your concern, well you've got bigger problems.

Otherwise this is a decent QoL change IMO.
    I don't think they want realism, but seemingly some sort of "rules" they want followed, some sort of faithful reproduction of something which does not actually exist anywhere outside of their head.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I don't think they want realism, but seemingly some sort of "rules" they want followed, some sort of faithful reproduction of something which does not actually exist anywhere outside of their head.
    yep.

I don't like this, so it is bad.

The hunter thing brought up again; ammo wasn't anything but a mandatory. There was no thought in it. You just bought the best ammo you could use in large amounts and hope you noticed when you were getting low on stock. There was no gameplay involved, really. While I will miss the days you had to feed your pet, made them happy and pets weren't so homogenized (some had faster attack speeds, special abilities, etc) ... ammo, I can't see much argument for other than being able to have a quiver on for the visual RP of it.

As others pointed out, there is so much suspension of disbelief in a fantasy, the least of your worries should be crafting from your storage in a city. Carrying around a ton of crap and not being weighed down. Hell, go back to the hunters; carrying several thousand arrows along with tons of food for both themselves and their pets, plus a mount that appears and disappears out of/into thin air seems perfectly normal; but using the same magic that allows you to carry hundreds/thousands of pounds and creatures appearing from no where to also allow you to make something with materials you've already acquired crosses the line ... I just can't see how that is the issue that breaks immersion.

You know what breaks my immersion? Gear making you exponentially stronger indefinitely. Killing named creatures with major lore behind it, over and over again for years. Doing the same quests for the same people on different toons and they act like no one's ever helped them before or they keep getting into the same situations again and again. Daily quests asking for a single or few items, instead of asking for enough to last a week.

I mean, if you want to pick at absurdity; there are plenty of things more odd than crafting from your bank ... but at some point, you need to just stfu and enjoy the game

10+ Year Old Account
    It's conveniance, its a good thing.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Vezax View Post
    GW2 does this and it's amazing.
    This. No more running back and forth from the trainer to the frikkin bank on my low levels (or high levels).