Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I do have to say, though, that a giant part of being world first is dedicating incredible amounts of raid hours. Don't ever forget that. The fact that they are achieving what they are is part due to that. Cut them down to a more sane 5 night a week/20 hrs a week schedule, and they'd probably still do well, but there's no way they'd be in the top 10.
    This is true for doing anything world first.

Someone wont win any olympic gold medal without dedicating his life to it. Someone wont win an oscar without dedicating his life to it. Someone wont wint be nobel price without dedicating his life to it. Being the best in the world at something OBVIOUSLY takes dedication and time. This is true for anything in life. I'm not sure what your trying to prove here? That you could beat Paragon if you just dedicated enough time to it? That you could run the 100 meters as fast as Usane Bolt if you just practiced enough and dedicated enough time to it?

High Overlord
    is basicly because I'm sick and tired of fanboys who can't comprehend how the game actually works worship and suck up to guilds like Paragon =P.
    But hey, just to make sure everyone knows exactly what I mean:
    They're great players, they work well together as a team, and they obviously knows how to raid. They're among the best of their classes (some of them), but only verdisha falls within the top 10. The rest are "just" good.
    Didn't read the whole discussion so sorry if this has been said already. Reading your posts and looking at your sig indicates to me that you really never raided at the very cutting edge. Just bringing dps parses into the discussion and drawing conclusions on the performance of those players is just a sign you should probably raid 2 weeks with a real top guild during progression to realize what seperates good from great dps. And it's certainly not top parses.

There isn't even a question if those players are able to execute a pefect rotation at that level. What seperates them is what I call smart play, and that includes a myriad of little things, things most players don't even think about and those things have nothing to do with dps output. It's about staying alive, keeping others alive and improvising on the spot.

I raided #5-#10 25 world for years and what held us back from ranking higher was not time invested or anything like that it was players who would rank great but had no clue or ability to bring anything else to the table, didn't adapt to unforseen events in a bossfight, forgot about half their abilities which had nothing to to with numbers and made wrong decisions when Plan A failed. Really smart players a VERY hard to find, and this is what Paragon i.e. always seperated from most other guilds. They had and have those in abundance, people who react right in crucial situations, see the whole picture of a fight, people who understand all parts of the fight in detail and not just their 5 button rotation.

Those people interestingly tend to be not interested at all in WoL ranks.

I'm also not 100% sure what the fact that we have a 5day/18hr raid week has to do with us not having completed the tier yet. Kill should hopefully come tonight or tomorrow, but to my knowledge, no guild with less than a 20 hr schedule has gotten a garrosh kill in 25 man as of yet. Shouldn't really be so surprising to you, that considered =P.
    There are several. I am counting 5 right now, that finished under top 20 world 25 man that raid 5 days/20-22hours a week. A 20 hour raid schedule is becoming a common thing with guilds in the top 50. There are 3-4 day (15 hour) guilds that have already cleared SoO on heroic. You only have 10 or so guilds that raid over 6 days a week, and some of those guilds actually got beat by 4-5 day guilds.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by anuhk View Post
    Why do you add that in the end? Can't carry anyone in a world first guild at all, nomatter 25 or 10.

Can't wait for 20m so we get rid off people like you.
    he raids 25 man, something a cursory reading of what i he has said revealed to you.
    i saw a HC Garrosh first kill where 8 people died.
    sure i would not in any way shape or form perform better, but 8 people died but when you are playing in lol 25 man mode (not serious here) that doesn't matter.
    ED
    since people fail to see my point, not your fault i could have been clearer, 1 person in a 10 man equals 10% in a 25 its 4%, I.E its easier to carry 4% than 10%, not that anyone is being carried in the top end of raiding but since 10 is greater than 4 it is easier to do so in 25.
    Last edited by goblinpaladin; 2013-11-11 at 06:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    This is actual data of accusations and convictions.
    You can link me the legal definition of "rape" all you want.
    Those are the actual conviction statistics.
    Proverbs 12:23

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    This is true for doing anything world first.

Someone wont win any olympic gold medal without dedicating his life to it. Someone wont win an oscar without dedicating his life to it. Someone wont wint be nobel price without dedicating his life to it. Being the best in the world at something OBVIOUSLY takes dedication and time. This is true for anything in life. I'm not sure what your trying to prove here? That you could beat Paragon if you just dedicated enough time to it? That you could run the 100 meters as fast as Usane Bolt if you just practiced enough and dedicated enough time to it?
    I don't think an usain bolt metaphor works very well here. That implies that getting to the level of someone to be able to beat someone else requires training, rather than time. Heck, I can't think of any sports metaphor that would accurately describe it. Basicly what I mean is, if something requires 200 hours to do, then obviously the guys able to dedicate 80 hours a week will be done far quicker than the guys able to dedicate 40, 20, 10 and so forth. It's part of being highly ranked, and no guild, no matter the skill, can substitute the amount of raid hours for "pure skill" to maintain their ranking - there simply isn't a big enough difference between them =P.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    There are several. I am counting 5 right now, that finished under top 20 world 25 man that raid 5 days/20-22hours a week. A 20 hour raid schedule is becoming a common thing with guilds in the top 50. There are 3-4 day (15 hour) guilds that have already cleared SoO on heroic. You only have 10 or so guilds that raid over 6 days a week, and some of those guilds actually got beat by 4-5 day guilds.
    now remove all of them that "say" they raid 5 days a week, but in reality add a 6th day or extends a few hours / start early every night. You're down to none :/.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    he raids 25 man, something a cursory reading of what i he has said revealed to you.
    i saw a HC Garrosh first kill where 8 people died.
    sure i would not in any way shape or form perform better, but 8 people died but when you are playing in lol 25 man mode (not serious here) that doesn't matter.
    9 people died in paragon's garrosh kill. Lol 10 man can be solo'd xdxdxd.
    We have no context for when or how those people died in that 25 man, need to add that if you're going to use it as an example =P.
    (and yes, I know full well that the boss was at 1% when the 9 people died on paragon's kill, but that's kind of the point :P).

Quote Originally Posted by Crawler24 View Post
    Didn't read the whole discussion so sorry if this has been said already. Reading your posts and looking at your sig indicates to me that you really never raided at the very cutting edge. Just bringing dps parses into the discussion and drawing conclusions on the performance of those players is just a sign you should probably raid 2 weeks with a real top guild during progression to realize what seperates good from great dps. And it's certainly not top parses.

There isn't even a question if those players are able to execute a pefect rotation at that level. What seperates them is what I call smart play, and that includes a myriad of little things, things most players don't even think about and those things have nothing to do with dps output. It's about staying alive, keeping others alive and improvising on the spot.

I raided #5-#10 25 world for years and what held us back from ranking higher was not time invested or anything like that it was players who would rank great but had no clue or ability to bring anything else to the table, didn't adapt to unforseen events in a bossfight, forgot about half their abilities which had nothing to to with numbers and made wrong decisions when Plan A failed. Really smart players a VERY hard to find, and this is what Paragon i.e. always seperated from most other guilds. They had and have those in abundance, people who react right in crucial situations, see the whole picture of a fight, people who understand all parts of the fight in detail and not just their 5 button rotation.

Those people interestingly tend to be not interested at all in WoL ranks.
    I haven't no, but maybe someday =P? I doubt I'd find it hard to be part of such an enviroment. There is a clear difference between some raiders skills in terms of reaction to specific events or things going wrong, and if you can field an entire dreamteam of those players, then yea, you've got a dreamteam. That said, I find it hard to believe that there are a much bigger concentration of those players in the top end, atleast in 25 man. Perhaps in 10 man? Either way, in 25, a big criteria is always both output + avialability (spell?). Meeting those two (being great at dps/healing, having the time to spend on progress) AND being a smart thinker is the sacred trifecter.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2013-11-11 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by palmz View Post
    there are several. I am counting 5 right now, that finished under top 20 world 25 man that raid 5 days/20-22hours a week. A 20 hour raid schedule is becoming a common thing with guilds in the top 50. There are 3-4 day (15 hour) guilds that have already cleared soo on heroic. You only have 10 or so guilds that raid over 6 days a week, and some of those guilds actually got beat by 4-5 day guilds.
    oh hai palmz

now remove all of them that "say" they raid 5 days a week, but in reality add a 6th day or extends a few hours / start early every night. You're down to none :/.
    [/FONT]
    Some do, some don't. Some have rumors that are exaggerated.
    Last edited by Conjor; 2013-11-11 at 06:21 PM.

8 people in 25 = 2.7~ people in 10

I've seen Garrosh 10 kills with 3 people dead, what's your point?

I don't think an usain bolt metaphor works very well here. That implies that getting to the level of someone to be able to beat someone else requires training, rather than time. Heck, I can't think of any sports metaphor that would accurately describe it. Basicly what I mean is, if something requires 200 hours to do, then obviously the guys able to dedicate 80 hours a week will be done far quicker than the guys able to dedicate 40, 20, 10 and so forth. It's part of being highly ranked, and no guild, no matter the skill, can substitute the amount of raid hours for "pure skill" to maintain their ranking - there simply isn't a big enough difference between them =P.
    Being a good raider in wow requires training aswell. If you believe anyone can start playing wow during a patch release and raid top-end that week by just spending time raiding your delusional. Becoming a veteran raider that knows all ins and outs of this game requires quite some training. You cant say 'I can run the 100 meters in 20 seconds while training only 1 hour per week and Usane Bolt requires 6 hours training per day to run in 10 seconds, im obviously the best sprinter here'. No, obviously Usane Bolt is the better sprinter here. And obviously someone playing in paragon is the better player aswell, no matter how much time he puts into it, that IS being a better player, being able to dedicate that time needed in it to become the best, while having enough talent to do so.
    Last edited by willemh; 2013-11-11 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Being a good raider in wow requires training aswell. If you believe anyone can start playing wow during a patch release and raid top-end that week by just spending time raiding your delusional. Becoming a veteran raider that knows all ins and outs of this game requires quite some training. You cant say 'I can run the 100 meters in 20 seconds while training only 1 hour per week and Usane Bolt requires 6 hours training per day to run in 10 seconds, im obviously the best sprinter here'. No, obviously Usane Bolt is the better sprinter here. And obviously someone playing in paragon is the better player aswell, no matter how much time he puts into it, that IS being a better player, being able to dedicate that time needed in it to become the best, while having enough talent to do so.
    Yes, but you have to assume that their competition here are just as veteran as they are. It's not a "from scratch" - every guild in the top 100 is filled with experienced raiders who knows the in and outs. Some just spends more, some spends less - thats the entire issue =P.

Yes, but you have to assume that their competition here are just as veteran as they are. It's not a "from scratch" - every guild in the top 100 is filled with experienced raiders who knows the in and outs. Some just spends more, some spends less - thats the entire issue =P.
    You think that in the whole human populations there arnt any people who could run as fast as Usane Bolt either if they put in enough time? Those in the top are dedicated to a goal and deserve all the credit there is, not some grumpy guy saying 'I could do the same if I would just spend time'. That makes no sense.

Great change for competitive PvE. Brings a little bit of prestige back into raiding. Might actually consider doing some of it after a few expansion break.

Quote Originally Posted by anuhk View Post
    Why do you add that in the end? Can't carry anyone in a world first guild at all, nomatter 25 or 10.

Can't wait for 20m so we get rid off people like you.
    Because there's always skill differences, even in the top guilds. In 10 mans it tends to be smaller due to smaller amount of players but trust me when I say this, you do carry 1-5 players in 25man (talking from experience)

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Funny how killing adds that have the potential to wipe your raid is called whoring nowadays.
    Bats on Thok are probably the only example of adds that really really have to die ASAP. Mines on Blackfuse as well I guess, but idk how this strategy with lots of mines goes, we pretty much never have mines so idk.

Reflections on Sha of Pride, adds on Immerseus(and so on) are pretty much a joke, and will die, eventually, to free cleave (definition of free: that doesn't come at any cost at all). Actively DPS'ing them is whoring when they could single target the boss and just leave the adds die on their own. but no, it's better to zerg the immerseus adds asap and then stand around doing nothing in transitions while waiting for blobs to spawn

The only kind of WoL ranking that interests me personally is comparing speed kills between guilds, everything else is totally irrelevant in my opinion.
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2013-11-12 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post

The only kind of WoL ranking that interests me personally is comparing speed kills between guilds, everything else is totally irrelevant in my opinion.
    Speed of clears* because speed kills take extra time to set up

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    People have been asking for this a long time, 1 raid size.
    Will be pretty boring though, no more hate threads about 10 vs 25 man
    FLEX 10-25 HEROIC > MYTHIC There ya go enjoy lol.

Please cut back on the X can whore that, this can be done like that, that guild is full Y etc stuff. Stick to pros and cons and general discussion about Mythic 20 man ^^
    Mari officer/RL/OT of Punished <- RECRUITING
    Moderator of R & D | Open Raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The curse of the Bear, the only tank whose active mitigation not only has RNG included, but only consists of RNG.

Even tho at this time i have no idea what my guild will do to fix us up (10 man ), i guess we just gotta make the best of it.
    No fucking way i'm going to be doing normals for 6+ months at a time.
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanaiya View Post
    LOL, you guys are so clueless. Stop pretending that 25 mans are more difficult. More difficult to put together and organize, yes, but then the actual raid gives you allowances for getting that far. Example: Not having the proportionate amount of Imploding Energy swirls on Malkorok (25 man should have 1-2 more than they do); not to mention many more players to fill the same sized room. My example is that of an easy fight, but then makes it easy to point out details.
    Blizzard tried to balance the two versions of the raid, but in the end nothing beats having 15 more people with all sorts of extra cd's and abilties. 25 man is lenient on an individual players ability while 10 man will better test the skill of the player.
    it has nothing at all to do with fucking skill.

the select encounters everyone is citing are *broken* in 10m due to their inability to scale.

They were not designed to be 10M fights. Ever. If they had been, there would not be such a drastic difference in execution of the mechanics.

Question!!

since mythic has its own separate lockout does that mean you cant skip bosses like we did in past tier?? (example skipping troll council and go do iron qon)

i know Soo had nice linear difficulty but previous tiers didnt (im looking at you vizer /shakefist)

anyways its not a concern but it does make the whole progression interesting :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=soulstrikes in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    Question!!

since mythic has its own separate lockout does that mean you cant skip bosses like we did in past tier?? (example skipping troll council and go do iron qon)

i know Soo had nice linear difficulty but previous tiers didnt (im looking at you vizer /shakefist)

anyways its not a concern but it does make the whole progression interesting :P
    Theoretically, yes. There is no toggling "normal mode" on and off, so unless they make the boss less linear (think ICC and Ulduar), you will be forced to go in a straight line.
    It also does raise the question, "what about clear ups?"
    It'll probably change the "farming" during progress quite a bit - you'd be doing normal mode the first evening to get everyone tier and trinkets, then straight on to heroic farm, and keep on progressing right untill raid's over mon/tues (depending on US/EU). I'd actually prefer this a lot - how many here has put off 1 hr to clear up 2-3 remaining normal bosses to squeeze in more progress, then end up not getting the kills because of derp? Or on the other hand, putting 2 hrs aside for clearing, then doing it in 1, and wasting an hour? <---- this guy!