Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    What is Paragon going to do? Disband?
    Probably start carrying 10 people again >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsy View Post
    How is removing 5 players on par with recruiting 10 new ones?
    He didn't say equally.

I really don't get this. Who the hell needs something that's even more difficult than heroic raids? Another difficulty mode and even more different itemlevels? It's a complete mess already, seems like exactly the opposite of what they should be doing.

I'm really hyped for this! although, the thought of having to recruit 10 new people is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I really don't get this. Who the hell needs something that's even more difficult than heroic raids? Another difficulty mode and even more different itemlevels? It's a complete mess already, seems like exactly the opposite of what they should be doing.
    It's not more difficult. Heroic has been renamed to Mythic because they're removing flex naming.

Deleted
    I second everything firefly33 has said, but just can't see it going live like that. The larger demographic is 10h, not 25h and the backlash from that will scare them too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    If you're in the race for world first, you will be. Unless they pull a MoP of course.
    With the MASSIVE ilvl increase you will be getting at level 100, you will NOT be using t16 in the first raids. You will be using dungeon gear and heroic dungeon gear, and possibly garrison epic gear as you can obtain it.

screwing over the majority of your player base is always a good business strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    If you're in the race for world first, you will be. Unless they pull a MoP of course.
    If they stick to the philosophy of using new gear for new expansion's raids, they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle View Post
    You could argue that 25 mans lose out more since you will have to cut 5 players who would always raided with you whereas for 10 man guilds you still have your full 10 man group, just with more players, nobody would have to sit out.
    Id rather cut people rather than have to get 10+ people. Any single DAY OF THE WEEK.
    People quit during expacs usually, which makes it easier for 25s. And you already know you have a solid base.

The shitstorm...

TBH, Blizz believes heroic raiding is better suited for bigger groups while normal/flex is better for smaller groups.

Personally, I can't agree more. The experience in 10m just isn't as epic. It was also weird to try to balance the highest difficulty to different raid sizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    People have been asking for this a long time, 1 raid size.
    Will be pretty boring though, no more hate threads about 10 vs 25 man
    Well, i bet my 19 people raid can beat your 11 folks any time!

Deleted
    Ahh... god damnit...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Well, i bet my 19 people raid can beat your 11 folks any time!
    Sadly, I can see this happening. >.<
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

Sucks that you'll have to have 20 people to do hard modes. Well hopefully thunderforged/warforged gear will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    What is Paragon going to do? Disband?
    Open their recruitment to people who aren't Finnish.

Also for the mad 10mans, just find a guild to merge with, you don't need to try and poach 10 people, just merge.

Deleted
    As far as I understood flex difficulty will be removed.

Normal will still be normal. But you can flex it, like having 21 people instead of 25 and it will scale down to 21 people but still be like normals are today. Pritty hard i guess.

Heroic will still be heroic. Same here you can flex it so you can run with 21 people and the raid will scale down to that. But heroics will still be hard. Guess most people wont really clear all HC's

Mythic will be the heroic's heroic more or less only aimed for top of the line guilds. Probably will take longer to clear and keep the top of the line players with something to do for every new raid. Unlike now when they clear normal and Hc within 2-3 weeks and then they have no real reason to play anymore. I guess most people wont even try a boss in Mythic.

This is how I think it will be and thats what my first impression of this changed were.

Deleted
    I was raiding when someone told me about this. Honestly, for all the hype I was feeling when they announced all the new features (and that purdy Dwarf skin) I'm now fucking pissed.

I've been raiding with 9 of my best pals for the last few years and I love the environment. I'm done with 25man raiding. Too many years I played with people I didn't like just for the sake of progression. Now we have to find 10 players we like, and that have some modicum of skill, in order to raid the hardest tier next expansion? Idiotic.

I feel sorry for the tight-knit 25s who have to cut off 5 of their friends when this change comes in..