Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    ???? Math must be hard?
    Clearly since you don't get what normalize means.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    ???? Math must be hard?
    I think he meant don't affect stampede at all with the talent? Possibly? Best I could think of.
    Although does this mean you could finally stampede without a pet out? My poor undergeared hunter needed stampede on Gumi, yet I didn't have time to summon and dismiss a pet :x

Petless seems cool but pets are there. They bring great utility. I don't see many people picking this up in PvP or PvE. I don't think a raw % increase is worth it over losing pet utility.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Petless seems cool but pets are there. They bring great utility. I don't see many people picking this up in PvP or PvE. I don't think a raw % increase is worth it over losing pet utility.
    All depends on the scenario. In a target swap heavy PVE fight in a 20 or 25m, pet utility may not outweigh the damage increase. Especially if enrage is an issue.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That's basically what's been discussed the last few pages, depending in your raid comp, this will be a very situational talent it seems, and pretty much a no go for arena pvp. It's not as strong as it sounds for mm or sv I think. And I don't know about the by part. Aoe fights or lots of target switching this might be useful, but most fights I think your raid would rather have your pets buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Clearly since you don't get what normalize means.
    smh. I guess teaching some people is impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I hate that one. Big mistake to add it. How can a Hunter of any spec solo or even quest without a pet? We're way too squishy for that plus it takes a lot of the fun away from the class. It would only be useable for raiding.
    Concussive Shot, Frost Trap, Scatter Shot = infinite kiting. FD + Camo when you pull too many.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Concussive Shot, Frost Trap, Scatter Shot = infinite kiting. FD + Camo when you pull too many.
    It's easier just to take a different talent and pet tank them though.

I think he meant don't affect stampede at all with the talent? Possibly? Best I could think of.
    In that case, it would go back to what I was saying earlier about how the talent most likely would not effect stampede pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    The only good thing is that it's a level 100 talent so won't apply while you're leveling and questing. I will definitely be staying BM though although I probably would have anyway.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    It's easier just to take a different talent and pet tank them though.
    Well, yea. I know that. My Hunter revolves around the pet. Everything from talents, to glyphs, to appearance...everything is about my kitties. Definitely going with WorW unless the other two are just mind blowing awesome.

Was just countering his argument.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    grimsac gave quite a big buff and an extra spell though, this here you're losing spells and utility, cc and everything else pets give for a damage increase. like your pet that gives big mastery buff, you lose that, and in Pvp as already discussed, it would basically be suicide taking this talent, as it stands i don't see the talent being too good, but we can't yet compare it to the alternatives.
    The utility was added later on via the spells. It is easier for warlocks since we only have imp, voidwalker, succy, felhound, and felguard to worry about and get the spells from. Comparing this to the Lone Wolf talent (forgot the name) the loss of utility would be a huge setback for hunters in solo and pvp play. Not to mention the enormous amount of spells that would be given back to the hunter if it followed the grimsac model. Imagine the balancing nightmare if hunters got a different skill for each sacrifieced type of pet!

However in terms of utility such as a buff or a debuff such as a stun, snare, magic debuff etc., most of these would be covered by other classes. In a 25 man raid setup where all buffs and debuffs are covered, this could unforutnately fall into the go-to talent. Of course encounter by encounter strategies will change. But I seem to remember GrimSac being the go to talent for afflic during the first tier of MoP. Any of the other choices just sucked.

Deleted
    The comment about cc was more meant for pvp not pve sorry.

ill guess well have to wait and see what the other two talents are really.

On that topic, wtf has happened to people at blizzcon? No one playing wod now?

here u go

Bola Shot: 30 focus. 40-yard range. Instant. Fires a bola at the target which wraps around them, and after 1 second it explodes, dealing 3000 fire damage to them. Adds an additional 2000 fire damage to all enemies within 5 yards. Replaces Arcane Shot.

Snipe: 40-yard range. 2.77-second cast. Carefully line up the perfect shot, dealing 150% weapon damage. Generates 60 focus. Cannot be cast while moving. Replaces Steady Shot and Cobra Shot.

Beast Mastery and Survival: Also refreshes Serpent Sting.
    Marksmanship: Also triggers Steady Focus.

Is snipe serious? how is that fun

and how is bola shot useful? replaces arcane shot!? if ur using AS in AOE situations ur doing it wrong...
    Last edited by Sydarm; 2013-11-09 at 03:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    I guess it's a good dang thing I'm the Guild Master then ain't it! lmao!!!!!!
    Amen, guilds like yours would be the best place for hunters who love using pets, some of whom have been around since Classic times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    here u go

Bola Shot: 30 focus. 40-yard range. Instant. Fires a bola at the target which wraps around them, and after 1 second it explodes, dealing 3000 fire damage to them. Adds an additional 2000 fire damage to all enemies within 5 yards. Replaces Arcane Shot.

Snipe: 40-yard range. 2.77-second cast. Carefully line up the perfect shot, dealing 150% weapon damage. Generates 60 focus. Cannot be cast while moving. Replaces Steady Shot and Cobra Shot.

and how is bola shot useful? replaces arcane shot!? if ur using AS in AOE situations ur doing it wrong...
    If that's real, I'm genuinely very excited about all our new talents. Gotta wait to see how Bola Shot plays out and if it's better single target as well instead of just AoE, and Snipe will probably be annoying if you generate a large amount of focus passively and cap because of it. But hey it's too soon to worry about these things.

We would still have the problem of losing our raid buffs if we choose not to use a pet. That is a major problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I hate that one. Big mistake to add it. How can a Hunter of any spec solo or even quest without a pet? We're way too squishy for that plus it takes a lot of the fun away from the class. It would only be useable for raiding.
    I disagree, personally. I always turn off Growl while soloing, because it's significantly more fun to kite and think. Surviving a horde of AoE'd enemies chasing me down makes me almost not hate leveling, which is why Hunter tends to be my only max-level non-PTR/premade character.

When I hit a mob that requires me to switch in a Tank pet and play the "spam Mend Pet + turret + Distracting Shot sometimes" game, I just go "uuuughhhhh" and slump into my chair.

For me, WoW's PvE combat is seriously awful if taken the way it's spoon-fed (a glorified combat log scroll). I'm not good at maximizing DPS, but that's because I'm quickly bored and just don't care since it's so much dull timer/variables micromanagement. Soloing as Hunter (without Pet Wall up) is one of the few times I find the PvE actually exciting/fun.

Anyway so yeah, I'd love the ability to do that in full-on Ranger style with an actual incentive.

It appears to me Bola Shot is Blizzard's attempt to give hunters something we've never had, effective Cleave.

Depending on Bola Shots damage of course, it doesn't seem to exclude the use of Multi Shot it simply adds an element of rotation to our AoE aside from just adding Steady/Cobra in between Multis. The reason I say this is because if the AoE component of Bola Shot is as strong as I believe it will be, this shot becomes a cheaper resource AoE possibly hitting even harder than Multi+Imp Serp Sting combined do for SV.

If all the above remain true BM would simply throw in a Multi every 4 seconds to keep the Cleave going while using cheaper Bola Shots for further personal AoE, and SV would only Multi to refresh SS. I certainly hope this is the case otherwise, yes, Bola Shot would be pretty pointless. It would seem to be a sub par talent for MM if each target hit by Bola's explosion doesn't have a chance to activate WQ.

All this being said this talent would have to be really quite strong to outweigh the gains SV and MM would get from a 30% personal damage buff in AoE fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    here u go

i think is not so bad bola shot is little bit strengh i think.

can you post a pic from the talents pls ?