Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Dafuq are the other 2 talents at.
    I'm thinking whoever sat down as a hunter saw "With or Without You," creamed himself, and completely forgot to check the other two talents.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Dafuq are the other 2 talents at.
    Seriously. Have seen every other class except hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    unless its a massive decrease in dps, i'd probably still take it. if its like a 2% dps loss taking the talent, i'd take it. im not a hardcore raider, that 2% doesn't matter that much to me. if its a 10% dps loss to take it, then i wont :P
    Keep in mind not having a pet means you do not have a pet buff/ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    SV potentially gets it, based on their talent choices. Making it a talent choice reduces its impact severely.
    IMO, a huge change like not having a pet should only be available for one spec for the sake of spec homogenization. There are plenty of other ways to make a talent an interesting choice. My ideal spec make up BM: 50% pet damage, SV: 25% pet damage, MM: No pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknrule View Post
    IMO, a huge change like not having a pet should only be available for one spec for the sake of spec homogenization. There are plenty of other ways to make a talent an interesting choice. BM: 50% pet damage, SV: 25% pet damage, MM: No pet damage.
    But forcing MM to not have the utility of a pet through having a passive increase in damage for being petless severely limits the ability of the spec to participate in many activities. Soloing, PVP, and even some PVE, especially in 10m raiding, have great benefits from pet utility. Making it a talent doesn't penalize MM unfairly in these situations, while giving people who want to go petless that option assuming the task they want to do allows them to do so efficiently.

Deleted
    *Drooool*

Finally...No more dumb ass pets with retarded AI... WIN WIN

10m raiding
    Will no longer be a thing.

IMO, a huge change like not having a pet should only be available for one spec for the sake of spec homogenization. There are plenty of other ways to make a talent an interesting choice. My ideal spec make up BM: 50% pet damage, SV: 25% pet damage, MM: No pet.
    Agreed, I think a pet fits the survival archetype well, they need to do something more unique with it for them.

But forcing MM to not have the utility of a pet through having a passive increase in damage for being petless severely limits the ability of the spec to participate in many activities. Soloing, PVP, and even some PVE, especially in 10m raiding, have great benefits from pet utility. Making it a talent doesn't penalize MM unfairly in these situations, while giving people who want to go petless that option assuming the task they want to do allows them to do so efficiently.
    That's the point, they could add new uitility to MM to make up for it and then MM gets the minor overhaul that it needs while also helping with spec homogenization.

I mean what a perfect time to fix MM.

No proof of that. 10m competitive raiding, maybe, but most 10m that need hunter utility weren't competitive anyway.

Deleted
    well, you could still take 10 members if thats all you have :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknrule View Post
    That's the point, they could add new uitility to MM to make up for it and then MM gets the minor overhaul that it needs while also helping with spec homogenization.
    we should be moving away from spec homogenization, they moved warlocks away from it in MoP, but hunters seem to have been forgotten, rpbably got the most homogeneous specs in the whole game.

wtf is the reason no one is showing hunter talents?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

we should be moving away from spec homogenization, they moved warlocks away from it in MoP, but hunters seem to have been forgotten, rpbably got the most homogeneous specs in the whole game.
    Second. Rogues are probably the most homogeneous in all fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGosuStandard View Post
    The guy was so excited about this talent that he just took this one and said fk the others, I would of.
    Its not like the other ones matter. At least not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    wtf is the reason no one is showing hunter talents?
    I'm thinking whoever sat down as a hunter saw "With or Without You," creamed himself, and completely forgot to check the other two talents.
    ^ Still going with this as the reason we aren't seeing the other talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice... always wanted to play without a pet, but I doubt it will be worth for me losing Roar of Sacrifice.

Deleted
    Second. Rogues are probably the most homogeneous in all fairness.

yeah thats a fair thing to say, they are both very bad in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fuck petless specs... I could deal with MM but SV too? FUCK
    Personally, if someone wants to play a petless spec, I say let him/her. I will not, but I won't belittle the choice itself.

Also, as a personal observation, I see Survival as being better suited to the 'theme' of being petless. It may not be the best example available, but I envision the original Rambo movie in which he was alone with just a bow and arrow (before acquiring guns) to work with for defense. For the sake of Warcraft, add the ability to use traps with increased damage/duration efficiency and.. I think it could work. I wouldn't play it, myself, as I prefer having a pet. If someone else doesn't want a pet, that's his/her choice.

#FlightIsImportant

The only thing I can add is that MM pets dont have much utility in raids. The other two talents will probably be preferrable for times when you need a pet, like soloing, or need pet utility like in PvP but still want to be MM/Surv.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus9001 View Post
    Personally, if someone wants to play a petless spec, I say let him/her. I will not, but I won't belittle the choice itself.

Also, as a personal observation, I see Survival as being better suited to the 'theme' of being petless. It may not be the best example available, but I envision the original Rambo movie in which he was alone with just a bow and arrow (before acquiring guns) to work with for defense. For the sake of Warcraft, add the ability to use traps with increased damage/duration efficiency and.. I think it could work. I wouldn't play it, myself, as I prefer having a pet. If someone else doesn't want a pet, that's his/her choice.
    i see survival as a pet spec more than MM, Survival to me sounds more like a lone hunter out in the wild, hunting for food with his trusty tiger, whereas Marksman sounds more like a ranger you would see defending a town, or in an army, no command over beasts, but a good shot with a bow.