Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'll be quite happy to have a petless option for my hunter (it's something I've long wanted).

I have a beast mastery spec that I love, but for me the pet is all or nothing; if I have it, I want to focus on and specialize in it. Otherwise, just get rid of it.

so whast the reason for the other 2 talents missing

lmao this dude takes a picture of one talent out of three

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    To be clear, for BM spec, that +70% (instead of +50%) is a flat 13.3333333~% pet dmg increase, or somewhere around 6-7% overall dmg increase.

SO

if for SV or MM the pet is 20% of your damage.
    and for BM its 50% of your damage.

Assuming all 3 specs were perfectly equal to begin with

Taking the talent is a 10% dmg gain for MM/SV
    Taking the talent is a 6-7% dmg increase for BM

its VERY close.
    Wrong. If you assume the pet does 20% of your total damage, you do 80%. right? right. Now thats what gets increased by 30% with that talent. So you will be doing 0.8*1.3 = 1.04 a whooping 4% more damage. depends on your comp, but in 10s you're often enough forced to bring a certain buff/debuff, then it'll be a no-go anyway. I'd like it as MM, but the pet does "somehow" belong to us hunters, so it is kind of sad ^^
    But I assume it wont be the best talent anyway, at least I hope it's not (as it's passive)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    Like I said ever since the petless wish was first posted, this will finally kill off BM hunters in any sort of instance group. Nobody will ever allow one to run with them again, due to the occasional pet bug we've seen.
    Guess all the BM hater crybabies will be singing for joy over this.
    I guess it's a good dang thing I'm the Guild Master then ain't it! lmao!!!!!!

I wonder how stuff like Stampede will work out, is it just a random pet from your stable copied?

Quote Originally Posted by hareu View Post
    well it's more like 15%, right now as survival a pet does about 15% of your damage, give or take a little bit.
    Assuming you're right, you would gain 10.5% more damage. You have to realize that the percentage is added to pre-pet damage. For example... If you do 100k DPS with your pet, you would do 85k without it. Add 30% to 85k and you get 110,500.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I wonder how stuff like Stampede will work out, is it just a random pet from your stable copied?
    I would want to say last active pet would be the one chosen, or they could just have a system in place where you still have an "active" pet in choice only (eg: It doesnt appear, do anything at all just simply something you selected for situations like this )

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Stampede with talent = summon random 4 pets. Stampeded without= summon 4 inactive pets?

BTW, I'm kinda creeped out my twitter got plastered onto this thread with that photo share.....and I'm not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    BTW, I'm kinda creeped out my twitter got plastered onto this thread with that photo share.....and I'm not sure why.
    ok you can upload the other two talents now

It definitely won't work for stampede. That would make the PvP community cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post
    ok you can upload the other two talents now
    Not my pic, my response was copied on here with the photo share. That's kinda why it weirded me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    It definitely won't work for stampede. That would make the PvP community cry.
    I guarantee it will still work. Stampede is just a DPS cooldown.

With or Without You will be nerfed to useless just like Grimoire of Sacrifice. They've said many times pet specs are pet specs, and not using a pet will come at a severe penalty. Hence the fact Sacrifice is a good 20-30% DPS under Supremacy.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I guarantee it will still work. Stampede is just a DPS cooldown.
    Pretty sure it will only work for active pet. Would give BM an enormous advantage over SV/MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    With or Without You will be nerfed to useless just like Grimoire of Sacrifice. They've said many times pet specs are pet specs, and not using a pet will come at a severe penalty. Hence the fact Sacrifice is a good 20-30% DPS under Supremacy.
    Erm ... there are many situations in which Sac is better than Sup, actually (such as cleave-focused Destro builds, and/or when you have the Toxic Totem trink) ... and this is after multiple nerfs throughout the xpac. It just scales extremely well, which is why they have to keep nerfing it.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does someone only take a pic of ONE talent? @_@

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
    How does someone only take a pic of ONE talent? @_@
    and why has no one else snapped a pic of them?!?!?

only reason i can think of is beta went down, or blizzard got very strict.

Lmao, 500 people viewing the hunter forum compared to like 150 average on the others. It has to occur to someone else to post pics eventually right?