Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    You all saw it in the trailer. Hunter in Melee. Im excited.
    no just no... Stop the speculation crap it's not happening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    It was a space goat.
    That wasn't a talbuk, that was a draenei.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Adding a 4th spec or completely revamping some of the specs (thus melee hunter) kinda seems like a big feature to leave out of the presentations so far.
    they would have announced that already it's not happening stop spazzing out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Was it Rexxar? He's always been a Melee Hunter.
    it was Durotan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeal View Post
    It was a Draenei hunter with a bow and and sword, attacking with both. He also had a quiver on. Might be for dramatic effect, might be added feature. We'll know soon enough.
    Oh, I thought he was refering to Durotan and his pet wolf...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    no just no... Stop the speculation crap it's not happening.
    how exactly is it crap? Many people want to roleplay a melee Beast master, like Rexxar is... why not allow them via a talent/glyph ?

that wasn't rexxar in the trailer. i think that was someone from frostwolf clan. (thrall's father maybe? ) woudn't rexxar be a small kid.

Ffs, the female orc wasn't a hunter with a trap, she stopped and saw the trap on the ground and looked up at the obvious draenei holding a bow. She was a shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by THoyt View Post
    So amazing that Blizzard already tried it and removed it... Survival used to be a melee tree.
    No, it really wasn't. Ever. It had some melee tools, but was never a true melee tree.

But that wasn't a hunter, it was a draenei ranger. Alleria, Sylvanas, and every other ranger in WoW get to use range and melee weapons (and use melee effectively at that).

So don't hold your breath.

More importantly...

Look at 1:28 of the trailer and you can see....the draenei ranger has a visible quiver on his back.

Wish we could get /hood on cloaks too
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-11-09 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Ffs, the female orc wasn't a hunter with a trap, she stopped and saw the trap on the ground and looked up at the obvious draenei holding a bow. She was a shaman.
    Ffs, the hunter with bow AFTER that scene fight the female orc with a sword in one hand and a bow in another. He was a hunter.

Hur Dur...

Ranger.

Plenty non-pet assisted rangers with bow and weapon in WoW. We don't get to fight like them

And we reinforce the fact that "confirmed" has lost absolutely all meaning.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ditusjack View Post
    Ffs, the hunter with bow AFTER that scene fight the female orc with a sword in one hand and a bow in another. He was a hunter.

Hur Dur...
    Obviously deterrence hur dur. /facepalm

Deleted
    I don't like the idea of a PURE melee spec for hunters. Something like a BM/SV hybrid spec like back in TBC would be okay, but therefore Blizzard would have to bring back the old talent trees. Those 'pick one out of three' talent trees $uck anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    how exactly is it crap? Many people want to roleplay a melee Beast master, like Rexxar is... why not allow them via a talent/glyph ?
    A few vocal people != the majority, thanks for playing.

Deleted
    Would love a melee spec for hunters. Something for a change against all ranged and near identical specs we have now. Though, as for going from the teaser, it would be like hybrid between ranged and melee, using both. Although I dont know how that would work, probably to hard to balance. But would be cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Beast mastery could be turned into a cool melee spec, fighting alongside your pet.
    I'd like to see pets removed (at least as an option) from Marksmanship, and focus it more on the range weapon.
    And it would be awesome to see another poison added for Survival to focus it more on the poisons than anything else.
    Also I remember in the early Cata beta there was a talent called "mamba" where cobra shot spawned snakes to attack the target, it would be cool if this was integrated into Cobra Shot for Survival (it WAS BM) and that could be the source of the second poison.
    I agree with the option to remove the pet as marksman, maybe perhaps kinda like GoSac works for locks. Also, yes yes yes! Another poison dot for SV to truly make it into a multi dot spec. That would be lovely. Currently it seems a little in between multi dotting and a regular spec.

Looks like there will indeed be a GoSac, but not only for MM, SV too.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYlvfMjCcAAx_cX.jpg:large
    Last edited by mmoce7fe1d879b; 2013-11-09 at 09:51 AM.

Deleted
    It's exactly like when someone saw the Blizz con poster with THrall on it with water around him = Aszhara based expansion.

You're jumping quite a few hurdles to get here.

It's a cinematic trailer. That is it.

Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    You all saw it in the trailer. Hunter in Melee. Im excited.
    Don't be. The trailer was stylistic.

Its kinda like watching the Wrath of the Lich King reveal trailer and thinking that you have to delete/convert one of your characters to play a Death Knight. Its just trailer that is made to look good. Not everything in the trailer translates into actual game play.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    nope, they got removed in MoP
    http://www.wowhead.com/class=3#spells:type=-11

Hunters can still equip and "use" melee weapons. "Use" because every (ranged) attack requires a ranged weapon.

Deleted
    The thing that makes me wonder is....

The hunter lvl 100 talent which is to fight without pet? they wouldn't just copy paste locks sac now would they!

Opens door for melee spec right there!