Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    The Druid talents to me seem like very very rough ideas, so not worth paying much attention too yet. Passives that minimize annoying class mechanics? Maybe as glyphs, but not as lvl 100 talents. Expect at least one or two active talents to be brought in.
    I think they are trying to get away from adding talents, as this contributes to button bloat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    If you still have GCD to put 2 dots it will take 15 sec + so its not that good. Better to give us ability to put MF and SF to all targets in 20yd area then this.....
    CA applies both dots with one global. Do you not even know your own spec abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    *snip*
    Might of Malorne
    Situationally useful, but those situations will probably be rare. You could use it to "munch" HoTs that are about to expire anyway, but that would be pretty clunky and just overheal most of the time. The main use would be as an emergency heal, but it's going to be a long-term HPS loss much of the time if used that way, and if you really need to cast emergency heals that often, the real problem is probably a lack of overall HPS. For any situation when this would be good, Will of Malfurion would probably be better.
    I was thinking of the possibilities when combining this talent with SoTF and not using the regrowth glyph personally and allowing the swiftmend to consume the regrowth HoT. This would mean you can use wild growth on CD with SoTF nearly all the time or even putting a hasted rejuv on a tank after using regrowth on them during heavy damage phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    I think they are trying to get away from adding talents, as this contributes to button bloat.

- - - Updated - - -

CA applies both dots with one global. Do you not even know your own spec abilities?
    obviously u missed the fact that 90% of the classes can hit one button to do this already. Some with harder hitting dots. Or maybe u fail to see the problem of how long it takes to dot 5 targets then drop the dots duration to 4 seconds/? CA is a 3 min cd.... unless it becomes 1minute we are going to be serverly useless in a lot ofsituation

Deleted
    I've just realized that Might of Malorne not only makes mastery the best stat and increases Incarnation power making it 100% uptime during it's duration.

It's also making Dream of Cenarius a 100% uptime Incarnation with a constant +25% bonus damage being always in an eclipsed state.

Now I'm sure their going to nerf the talent or add something like "...but your damage is reduced by x%"

Quote Originally Posted by Meldon View Post
    I've just realized that Might of Malorne not only makes mastery the best stat and increases Incarnation power making it 100% uptime during it's duration.

It's also making Dream of Cenarius a 100% uptime Incarnation with a constant +25% bonus damage being always in an eclipsed state.

Now I'm sure their going to nerf the talent or add something like "...but your damage is reduced by x%"
    DoC increases your mastery by 25% additively, not your total damage. It's quite a bit weaker than Incarnation.

Re-posting this from comments on guild site

Balance - Don't play Balance but if I had to guess probably be Might of Malorne for permanent Eclipse switching for Will of Malfurion when all of the adds have to die.
    Feral - I can't hold all of these choices. Single target probably be Might of Malorne with cleave being Will of Malfurion. Touch of Elune provides Feral with a decent ranged ability cp generator so /shrug.
    Guardian - can't tell if they're all weak or fairly good. Would have to see how the Touch of Elune bubble scales with Vengeance/attack power. Will of Malfurion is decent passive physical damage mitigation and probably be my go-to. Might of Malorne is mostly reliant on whether or not it only works against special abilities; if so then holy shit this is an awesome talent, otherwise meh.
    Resto - Touch of Elune for 5 second long OoC regrowth spam (makes Incarnation more powerful). Might of Malorne may have its uses in consuming nearly finished Rejuvs to get some empowered WG or new Rejuvs out assuming they always proc SotF.

Deleted
    I have never played a druid, I don't ever hate on blizz and I'm looking forward to WoD extremely, but have they really just copy pasted shield barrier tooltip to the letter and slapped it on a druid? -.- Bit more imagination with that one would have been nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    Balance ones are

Eclipse all the time
    starfall that transforms to solarfall
    and 400% faster ticking dots (genesis)
    I like it, however they'll just nerf overall damage to bring it in line with everyone else. At least we'll be more static and less dynamic, which is a good thing in this instance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    obviously u missed the fact that 90% of the classes can hit one button to do this already. Some with harder hitting dots. Or maybe u fail to see the problem of how long it takes to dot 5 targets then drop the dots duration to 4 seconds/? CA is a 3 min cd.... unless it becomes 1minute we are going to be serverly useless in a lot ofsituation
    We've been on the low end of the spectrum in many regards for a long, long time. Any benefit they give us will likely be good. The thing about Moonkins has always been that it can't get much worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    I like it, however they'll just nerf overall damage to bring it in line with everyone else. At least we'll be more static and less dynamic, which is a good thing in this instance.

- - - Updated - - -

We've been on the low end of the spectrum in many regards for a long, long time. Any benefit they give us will likely be good. The thing about Moonkins has always been that it can't get much worse.
    We been playing the same class? Most classes are currently fairly well balanced and sims do not mean shit. Only Warlocks are completely out of line.

Looking at the resto talents - they are rather underwhelming at this stage.

5 Sec duration OoC.-- meh, limited chain casting of RG could fun for a bit . Saves mana.

1 Extra sec on rejuv when gensis'd-- meh that's what, 1-2 extra ticks per rejuv when you use genesis? Genesis is a good tool, but doesn't see huge amounts of use (at least personally). Seems rather niche for a talent (don't feel you'd get that much bang for your buck in this choice). Spends mana (by encouraging more genesis use)

No CD swiftmend but back to consuming hot. Potentially powerful. A lot more spike healing potential. Could be a hassle if other druids could consume your hot's to power their swiftmend (which is how it used to work back in the day)

It's a start...but thus far..not that exciting. Lets see what future revisions bring.

PS (anyone else surprised how many of these place holders are near copies of abilities from Diablo 3? Bola Shot, Storm Armor, Meteor, etc.)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I talked to Greg for a little bit at the CTR party, expect the older talents to change quite a bit, they just weren't ready to show those and instead wanted us to check out level 100 stuff. He is obiviously aware of the lack of AoE compared to other classes, hence they were for sure going to add some sort of AoE buffing talent (WoM in this case). While this specific one might not stay, something AoE related will be here.

But all in all, don't bother thinking too much about how SotF, Inc, FoN, HotW, DoC, and NV interact with the new talents - a lot of those are likely to change quite a bit. I told him when one talent doesn't get used the entire expansion (SotF), it probably needs to be reworked for that spec, which he agreed.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-11-11 at 08:23 PM.

Resto talents don't mean much until they balance shields in the healing meta. Disc priests now have the option to turn their greater heal into a shield outside of Spirit Shell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjeldorian View Post
    Resto talents don't mean much until they balance shields in the healing meta. Disc priests now have the option to turn their greater heal into a shield outside of Spirit Shell.
    Yeah..I feel blizzard is listening to no one on absorbs.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Agreed on the healing metagame/absorb issue. A suggestion I saw tossed around that I think could be interesting (if blizz could pull it off) is to change absorbs to only soak a percentage of damage taken.

For example, PW: Shield absorbs 70% of the damage taken up to 100k total (based on spellpower/mastery etc) over 15 secs.
    It would allow other non-absorb healing a chance to matter more, as well as prevent absorbs from drastically neutering certain boss mechanics. Might have to extend the duration of absorb effects to balance that, but its an idea.

Back on topic, @Stommped good to know they plan on revisiting the older talents as well.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-11-11 at 09:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I talked to Greg for a little bit at the CTR party, expect the older talents to change quite a bit, they just weren't ready to show those and instead wanted us to check out level 100 stuff. He is obiviously aware of the lack of AoE compared to other classes, hence they were for sure going to add some sort of AoE buffing talent (WoM in this case). While this specific one might not stay, something AoE related will be here.

But all in all, don't bother thinking too much about how SotF, Inc, FoN, HotW, DoC, and NV interact with the new talents - a lot of those are likely to change quite a bit. I told him when one talent doesn't get used the entire expansion (SotF), it probably needs to be reworked for that spec, which he agreed.
    Stommped my Hero! Excited to see what changes!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    DoC increases your mastery by 25% additively, not your total damage. It's quite a bit weaker than Incarnation.
    You should read the talent once more: "It increases the damage bonus of your next eclipse by 25%"

You should read the talent once more: "It increases the damage bonus of your next eclipse by 25%"
    Yeah... so he's right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they will change Efflo to be stuck the shroom by default, being able to stack a few Efflos with No CD Swiftmend could be quite powerful, if not, probably means that when you take that talent, you unglyph Efflo (For AoE healing, if you are tank healing the bonus 20% on the Glyph could be worth keeping.) Early days...

Quote Originally Posted by Kjeldorian View Post
    The resto druid talents didn't bother me... until I read the new priest talents, and was blown away. Then was also baffled by holy paladins and resto shaman (not so much MW).

Hopefully Blizzard tries to do a better job of balancing healers in WoD.

Which means exactly what i said. Incarnation on the other hand increases your damage while you're in Eclipse by 25%.

Note the difference: One increases Eclipses damage bonus, while the other increases damage, with the caveat that it only works when you're in Eclipse.