Thread: T100 Shaman

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Storm Armor: Overcharge your Lightning Shield to form a violent ring of lightning around the caster, heavily damaging every enemy coming within 8 yards of the shaman for xxxx Lightning damage. Lasts 10 seconds. 75 Second cooldown. Instant.

Essentially a Bladestorm without the CC immunity (the reason it has longer duration). The spell is unaffected by disarm, but can be dispelled by mass-dispell-like abilities.

THAT would've been a worthy lvl100 talent, good both for offense, defense and aoe, all the while looking badass, being reliable and overall just awesome.

For that matter, they could make the talent an general Overcharge, varying between shields.
    You are only thinking from a enh POV, as an elemental shaman that would be a bad ability. Also disarm doesn't work on warrior bladestorm anymore

As Enhancement, I sincerely hope that these are all placeholders. None of them are compelling.

I'd really like us to get a new resource (NOT ENERGY) and for totems to do things. The T100 talent for mages where they place an object and charge it with damage and have it explode for 130% AOE damage feels like it should've been a Shaman totem.

Dunno what you're all complaining about, they look pretty cool to me.

Anyway these are placeholder abilities at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    You are only thinking from a enh POV, as an elemental shaman that would be a bad ability. Also disarm doesn't work on warrior bladestorm anymore
    They are separating talents by spec now as effect don't need to work to multiple specs anymore.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    They are separating talents by spec now as effect don't need to work to multiple specs anymore.
    Ya I know and understand that, but as of now all three talents are shared between ele/enh. So until we see them make a talent that works completely differently for all specs we should suggest talents that work for both ele and enh

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how we should use Storm Elemental totem without Totemic Persistence. On many fights Totemic Projection is a must. Or, for example, RL call out Stormlash Totem to boost damage in some critical moment... then what? Why so many abilities in our arsenal don't have any synergy... it almost feels like shamans have so many spells and totems that fight each other instead of supplementing each over.
    Last edited by SenSayNyu; 2013-11-12 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    For what I understood it, it will be similar to how fire nova works now.
    See that's what I thought it did also, but in the tooltip it says hits random enemies, which is what confuses me. And why I did my weird examples in my previous post. It would be a lot better if it was just like a fire nova/magama totem pulse that spewed out of whatever other fire totem we dropped (ST or FET) but again, with it saying random, does that mean a a single random enemy each pulse, a set number of random enemies each pulse or a random number of random enemies each pulse. They need to clarify what it means, or just rework it to effectively give our fire totems a fire nova/magma totem pulse every sec. It would make just slightly more appealing.

Also I would like to see shaman get a secondary resource bar, something like a mix of DK Runes and Holy Power, with charges generated from spells, but like Runes in that we would have 4 (Air, Earth, Fire, Water) and then have a set of spells that either cost elemental charges, or a smaller handful of spells that operated differently depending on what charges were used, like for example Charge Burst(lame name I know, but whatever) Cost 2 charges: Fire, Fire = Burns target for X Fire Damage, leaves burn effect for 4 seconds, Fire, Air, does Firestorm damage, has a chance for double strike 50%, 2 sec burn; Air, Air Does Nature damage, chance of a triple strike for 75% dmg And stuff like that, make it really feel like we control the elements

None of these talents is exciting enough from a DPS PVP shaman point of view, so I might actually skip T100.
    I don't see why Blizzard thinks we do enjoy unreliable spells. I would prefer having Capacitor Totem in a very different and interesting other way and I don't really think random, uncontrollable damage will be something I'll like.

SET is clearly the winner in terms of concept (not numbers, which are arrangable), however we all know what is going to happen to it in PvP.

I have the similar feeling that not a lot of thoughts were put into shaman T100, it feels kind of rushed.

Good for restos though.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Death Knights get talents based on the Lich King because THEY are based on the Lich King. He is the archetypal supreme Death Knight.

Shaman get stuff based on the archetypal supreme Shaman. Which is Thrall. And to be honest, a lot of the stuff we get is more awesome than anything we've seen Thrall pull off, outside of a cutscene or the wacky antics in Cataclysm that had nothing to do with him being a Shaman.
    Thrall attacks Garrosh with only one weapon equipped, no weapon imbue, and didn't drop any totems. Thrall sucks at Shaman.

Comments on the ability itself:
    I'm guessing Spew Lava will be off the GCD so we'll be able to /macro it if desired (altho it may be undesirable if you want to make sure it's up for burst/heroism phases)
    Storm Elemental Totem will pretty much require you to take Totemic Persistence as you don't want Stormlash etc to cancel it.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2013-11-12 at 02:37 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Thrall attacks Garrosh with only one weapon equipped, no weapon imbue, and didn't drop any totems. Thrall sucks at Shaman.
    You, sir, just won the internets. Cookie for you, comment made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    See that's what I thought it did also, but in the tooltip it says hits random enemies, which is what confuses me. And why I did my weird examples in my previous post. It would be a lot better if it was just like a fire nova/magama totem pulse that spewed out of whatever other fire totem we dropped (ST or FET) but again, with it saying random, does that mean a a single random enemy each pulse, a set number of random enemies each pulse or a random number of random enemies each pulse. They need to clarify what it means, or just rework it to effectively give our fire totems a fire nova/magma totem pulse every sec. It would make just slightly more appealing.

Also I would like to see shaman get a secondary resource bar, something like a mix of DK Runes and Holy Power, with charges generated from spells, but like Runes in that we would have 4 (Air, Earth, Fire, Water) and then have a set of spells that either cost elemental charges, or a smaller handful of spells that operated differently depending on what charges were used, like for example Charge Burst(lame name I know, but whatever) Cost 2 charges: Fire, Fire = Burns target for X Fire Damage, leaves burn effect for 4 seconds, Fire, Air, does Firestorm damage, has a chance for double strike 50%, 2 sec burn; Air, Air Does Nature damage, chance of a triple strike for 75% dmg And stuff like that, make it really feel like we control the elements
    As an ele I would not enjoy this. Ele feels really fluid at the moment and I feel like these resource change would make it feel clunky and slower paced

Do you think they'll change Primal Elementalist to synergize with Storm Elemental Totem? It might become a strong resto CD. Not that resto needs another CD...

Not quite. In pvp, it would be awesome to get melees of your ass.
    And if blizz introduced a nice mobility ability like blink for shamans, which could serve for both gap closing and fleeing, you could zap in, cast the shield, your FET/MT/EQ, and CL away.

And even if it were more enh focused, it would be ten times better than a boring ST copy. Seriously, ele complain about ST already, why make LS a copy of it?
    And as Lavindar said: They already distinguish between all four roles for druids and start now woth shamans. Why hold back in asking for a seperation between two clearly different dps specs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    See that's what I thought it did also, but in the tooltip it says hits random enemies, which is what confuses me. A
    My take is that your current fire totem shoots a projectile to a random target within it's range.
    That projectile will deal aoe damage around its target.

So it is both aoe AND random. If there's no npcs aside from your aoe pack within the abilities' reach, it will aoe nicely. If there's also the boss a couple of yards away, it may instead shoot him, and end up dealing no/almost no damage, since the aoe group is outside the aoe range.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mithgroth View Post
    None of these talents is exciting enough from a DPS PVP shaman point of view...Blizzard thinks we do enjoy unreliable spells...we all know what is going to happen to SET in PvP...not a lot of thoughts were put into shaman...feels kind of rushed...Good for restos though.
    Like always, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Not quite. In pvp, it would be awesome to get melees of your ass.
    And if blizz introduced a nice mobility ability like blink for shamans, which could serve for both gap closing and fleeing, you could zap in, cast the shield, your FET/MT/EQ, and CL away.

And even if it were more enh focused, it would be ten times better than a boring ST copy. Seriously, ele complain about ST already, why make LS a copy of it?
    And as Lavindar said: They already distinguish between all four roles for druids and start now woth shamans. Why hold back in asking for a seperation between two clearly different dps specs?

- - - Updated - - -

My take is that your current fire totem shoots a projectile to a random target within it's range.
    That projectile will deal aoe damage around its target.

So it is both aoe AND random. If there's no npcs aside from your aoe pack within the abilities' reach, it will aoe nicely. If there's also the boss a couple of yards away, it may instead shoot him, and end up dealing no/almost no damage, since the aoe group is outside the aoe range.

- - - Updated - - -

Like always, right?
    I agree with you 100% on splitting abilities, but until we see them actually implement it for shaman we shouldn't be suggesting talents that are overly beneficial for one spec. Because as of right now enh/ele shaman share all three talents.

As for pvp I agree with you again on an ability that would get mdps off of you, but you cant really expect an ele shaman to run into melee to use an ability in pvp or pve. And Mdps aside what about Rdps the talent would be almost useless on any rdps as an ele shaman.
    Last edited by SamoTray; 2013-11-12 at 06:08 PM.

I agree with you 100% on splitting abilities, but until we see them actually implement it for shaman we shouldn't be suggesting talents that are overly beneficial for one spec. Because as of right now enh/ele shaman share all three talents.

As for pvp I agree with you again on an ability that would get mdps off of you, but you cant really expect an ele shaman to run into melee to use an ability in pvp or pve. And Mdps aside what about Rdps the talent would be almost useless on any rdps as an ele shaman.
    Wether we suggest splitted abilities, or different abilities that benefit both, it is suggestions they would have to adress. And if we suggest something, wouldn't it be better to suggest the ideal, rather than the bad compromise?

And yes, it wouldn't do much against a range AS a range, obviously. I never said it would be the sollution to all problems (though you could still use said blink-esque ability to go melee-range on their ass, casting LB while chasing them with the shield active).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. As Elemental, some extra pew sounds nice. The numbers are low, since this is for 100 with iSquish, i rather like it. Seeing how some of the others seem... bad (only looked at druid and monk).

Wether we suggest splitted abilities, or different abilities that benefit both, it is suggestions they would have to adress. And if we suggest something, wouldn't it be better to suggest the ideal, rather than the bad compromise?

And yes, it wouldn't do much against a range AS a range, obviously. I never said it would be the sollution to all problems (though you could still use said blink-esque ability to go melee-range on their ass, casting LB while chasing them with the shield active).
    All im saying is be practical, as of right now they have not even attempted to try to un link the talents between ele's and enh. until they do we should be attempting to come up with talents that can benefit both classes.

Also even if we had this blink ability of yours you speak of, I really do not want to be caught out in the open chasing a dps praying I don't get targeted or praying I actually close enough to the target to do them dmg in an arena or RBG setting

Quote Originally Posted by ImmSpark View Post
    Thanks for posting these
    Pretty crappy though.
    Have to agree, had higher hopes :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Someon in charge at Blizzard does not like Shamans. Been playing since vanilla and we always seem to get nerfed right after they give us something cool. This time they seem to be doing it right up front. Unless the storm totem is affected by Primal Elementalist, I'm not too impressed with the new T100's

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Unless the storm totem is affected by Primal Elementalist, I'm not too impressed with the new T100's
    That would require rebalancing the level 90 talents, which would cause issues for players who don't take Primal/Storm. I don't see that happening.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.