Thread: T100 Shaman

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Would it really be that OP, though, when you consider mist weaver and resto druid kits?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftninja View Post
    Storm Elemental is nice if you want another cd
    It's not really a CD like Ascendance or FET; it's more like a 5-minute DOT.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Difference between 5 minute duration and 5 minute cooldown actually.

Lasts until cancelled with a 5min cd implies that it lasts as long as it's alive but once it's dead you have to wait on the cd to get it back up. Potentially opening up the possibility of 5 min precasting in some situations, odd i know. Not sure how it would tie in with a lot of movement easily however.

That's just how i'd read it though.

Quote Originally Posted by EVShift View Post
    Difference between 5 minute duration and 5 minute cooldown actually.

Lasts until cancelled with a 5min cd implies that it lasts as long as it's alive but once it's dead you have to wait on the cd to get it back up. Potentially opening up the possibility of 5 min precasting in some situations, odd i know. Not sure how it would tie in with a lot of movement easily however.

That's just how i'd read it though.
    Yeah, it would be pretty clunky if it is as the tooltip says, but it's highly possible that it's not the finished version, my bet is that it will work as just another elemental.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

As much as I've wanted a storm elemental totem for the longest time, my bars are already filled up with all kinds of totems, and trying to find a spot for another is just... bleh. Unless some of that mess gets cleared out by them reducing ability bloat, I'm liable to just get Rainstorm because it's passive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock View Post
    As much as I've wanted a storm elemental totem for the longest time, my bars are already filled up with all kinds of totems, and trying to find a spot for another is just... bleh. Unless some of that mess gets cleared out by them reducing ability bloat, I'm liable to just get Rainstorm because it's passive.
    Well they have stated they want to remove some abilites because of the bloat you mentioned. So they will probably remove some totems that arn't crucial/fun to make room for the new abilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    i wonder how come ppls are saying that our talents are good or bad and no one heve seen that we have really only 2 talents to chose from in curent form (dps wise),
    1. new elemental
    2. reach of elements
    why im not counting rainstorm ? reason is easy it may work all the time but it deal same numbers as reach of elements but ROE do it in shorter time window and with aoe element, so its more bursty which may let it easy win if it line up with any dps cd (asuming any will work on it) on single target and clear choice on any aoe fight

im asuming that things will change alot until relese of next expansion im not sure tho i will want to pay for the game till that time cose im geting prety frustrated by the way blizz is going with wow atm
    Last edited by kosajk; 2013-12-01 at 01:58 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    why im not counting rainstorm ? reason is easy it may work all the time but it deal same numbers as reach of elements but ROE do it in shorter time window and with aoe element, so its more bursty which may let it easy win if it line up with any dps cd (asuming any will work on it) on single target and clear choice on any aoe fight
    Reach of the Elements costs a GCD, has a set window in which it actually does damage, and it probably functions like current boss abilities, in that it targets an enemy and casts the spell at their current location. If so, any movement at all would result in it doing zero damage.

Of course, that's just an assumption right now. We have no idea how it's supposed to act. I suspect it's just going to be another AOE spell and isn't meant for single-target in the least (that's what Rainstorm and Storm Ele are for).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock View Post
    Reach of the Elements costs a GCD, has a set window in which it actually does damage, and it probably functions like current boss abilities, in that it targets an enemy and casts the spell at their current location. If so, any movement at all would result in it doing zero damage.

Of course, that's just an assumption right now. We have no idea how it's supposed to act. I suspect it's just going to be another AOE spell and isn't meant for single-target in the least (that's what Rainstorm and Storm Ele are for).
    Storm Elemental is the most interesting one. Yet still very boring.

I'd love to feel some damage. Elemental Reach has some advantages, but buffing LS is just straightout boring and stupid. Storm Elemental is somewhat lame.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2013-12-01 at 10:46 AM.