Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They will HEMORRHAGE subs if they take even close to a year to release the xpac.

Deleted
    Hard to know. I don't believe they will release WoD right before next summer, because during summers subscriptions go down a LOT.

I would assume either in march/early april, or after summer in september. Considering SoO would be really old by september, my guess is gonna be march/early april.

I was actually shocked at how much they seem to have gotten done with this expansion, given what i've seen with the screenshots. All i'll say is that with MoP, Blizzard said they were aiming for both shorter gaps between patches, and shorter gaps between expansions. I think we'll be seeing a considerably shorter gap between MoP and WoD than with other expansions; and I certainly think we won't be seeing another case of "last patch going on for a year".

Beta will start this month or in december. Be real, people.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    Consider that MoP was released 25th of September 2012, While being revealed 21st of October 2011, While the beta testing started 21st of mars 2012. Yeah..My conclusion would be, Beta in 4Months, then another 6months of beta. We're looking at 10 months aprox
    The beta currently is in an advanced state already, I don't think it will be more than a month untill the invites start going out.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    I think they could get away with fewer features, so long as they can stick to a shorter wait between expansion releases. That's ... the only way they'll keep my sub. I hope it's out by early summer, I won't be surprised if it's not but I won't need to keep my subscription up because I expect to have accomplished all I intended to (raid wise) by mid- to late-spring.
    Shorter releases would be nice. But it's weird with WoD, it's like the expansion was a last minute decision. Like they were working on something bigger, but needed more time. So they threw WoD together and transplanted a few features from the real Expansion V in order to buy them some time.

In short, WoD feels like a true blue filler.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Shorter releases would be nice. But it's weird with WoD, it's like the expansion was a last minute decision. Like they were working on something bigger, but needed more time. So they threw WoD together and transplanted a few features from the real Expansion V in order to buy them some time.

Like Cataclysm was a filled for Mists?

they need to release it before q2 earnings are announced, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll guess they shoot for a summer release, but it gets pushed back to fall. Happened with Cata and it happened with Mists. Unless this is highly polished already, it will probably happen again with WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

it does, especially after they seemed to hint at a legion xpac with all the wrathion stuff.

April. I hope Wildstar and ESO arn't releasing in same month as WoD.......

It would be nice if they offered an Annual Pass to make up for lack of content. That's 4 quarters of SoO with no content. They probably should do something imo.

I just hope it isnt too long. siege is already starting to get a little old. but maybe thats from doing normal/flex a bunch.

1 Year? NO! they said that they were working on the next expansion near the start of MOP, does anyone else remember?

I doubt they would release it mid summer like July or August. My bet is either spring or fall, with fall (september) being the most likely. Spring would be the decent thing to do though, but hey this is Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    1 year in SoO with 10/14 HC down........ i god not another ICC. pls be like februaryish
    i agree with you. The sooner this xpac arrives the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    People estimating a release before June are kidding themselves...

August/September is more realistic, while knowing Blizzard October-November is probably more likely.

Let's hope people enjoy farming SoO for another 8-12 months...
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Weren't they hoping for a 18 month cycle for expansions? That's what I thought they meant by "faster" so I could be making that number up in my head, BUT...
    If they want to stick with 18 months, then the game should to release late March - which may be a little too early. However, I think they've made enough progress with what they want to release that they can start alpha, because have you heard anything about alpha? I haven't. Normally everyone has some clue that alpha is happening. Beta would follow shortly afterwards, I think, with another few months of beta.

That's IF they want to stick to less than two years between expansions. If not, we could be well into 2014 when beta starts and when it ends, we'll probably end up being in 2015.

So yeah, I'm hoping for a December/January beta release, so we can get this underway.
    My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer, and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. - Tyrion Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I doubt they would release it mid summer like July or August. My bet is either spring or fall, with fall (september) being the most likely. Spring would be the decent thing to do though, but hey this is Blizzard.
    I'm guessing Spring; the first half of 2014 at least. They've lived up to their word with faster patches, and given how much this expansion seems to have already progressed from what we've seen, i'm imagining it won't take that much work. Closed Beta testing will begin in January I reckon; opened up in March/April. Expansion around May/June.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Path View Post
    Let's hope people enjoy farming SoO for another 8-12 months...
    I think the whole "last patch for one year" trend is one they will want to break though. Player hate it, numbers fall; hell, even before 5.4 in this expansion, subscriptions went down to 7.7 million.

Don't forget the last major patch where they will most likely introduce new models and talent changes .