Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

new arena system in 6.0

"Trial of the Gladiator also uses tournament rules. You can buy gear from a vendor and play, no need to grind up a set. PvE gear won't work in here!"

Sooooooooooo...this means no more grinding for PvP gear if you want to do arenas? Personally I love the idea of everybody having the same gear, from the start. Skill will finally be the deciding factor. The gap between 496 and 522 is INSANE...remember the dmg when 5.4 hit? Well ppl get globaled now. So newcomers have no chance whatsoever. => I'm all for the change.

What are your thoughts. Is removing gear progression from PvP a good move?

I'm guessing they will have it so that you have to earn a certain amount of honor/conquest before this vendor that lets you buy all this gear, to be unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Might start playing again....!

10+ Year Old Account
    guild wars 1 did it first. ;3

(and it was amazing)

God I'd love it if this was also the best gear for BGs, and worked in them. PvP in general would be better if gear wasn't a factor, not just arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    I'm guessing they will have it so that you have to earn a certain amount of honor/conquest before this vendor that lets you buy all this gear, to be unlocked.
    That would be stupid as the point is clearly to make it easy to get into Arena and have Arena be gear balanced. This will keep me playing a long time. The number 1 thing I hate in WoW (not balance related) is the Rated BG gear grind. Removing that and making it so I can just log in and play like I do with Team Fortress is awesome.

Instant 90, no gear grind = FOTM reroll heaven.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-11-09 at 02:33 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Instant 90, no gear grind = FUN heaven.
    Fix'd that for ya.
    Last edited by Zhinkis; 2013-11-09 at 03:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    smoke and mirrors thats all this is.blizz is making it easy to re roll because they refuse to fix pvp = separate pvp and pve and go back to pvp and pve specs.

has blizz announced any big changes to pvp?like what i just stated?all they do x-pac after x-pac is add more shit to the game and it fucks up pvp even more,same shit different day.they could have spent their man hours fixing this game/pvp but they choose to spend their hours working on player housing and poky-man.starting in wrath pvp has gotten worse every x-pac,i wonder if that trend will continue?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think so! then i can have more alts and become more well rounded.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Isnt it like only arena rankings ( titles and mounts) will be out of gear progression and all other aspect of PvP have it , and from i had heard they gona do some balance on world PvP as they gona implement taht new PvPzone

Personal I realy like change they gona make and hope that this new PvP zone will be realy cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    "Trial of the Gladiator also uses tournament rules. You can buy gear from a vendor and play, no need to grind up a set. PvE gear won't work in here!"

Sooooooooooo...this means no more grinding for PvP gear if you want to do arenas? Personally I love the idea of everybody having the same gear, from the start. Skill will finally be the deciding factor. The gap between 496 and 522 is INSANE...remember the dmg when 5.4 hit? Well ppl get globaled now. So newcomers have no chance whatsoever. => I'm all for the change.

Good. 100% skill-based, 0% gear-based is how PvP should be.

I've been saying it for years. What took them so long?

Deleted
    hmm they should do it so that the vendor arena gear can only be used in arena then, cant be enchanted or altered, doesn't work in bgs or pve, (also pve or bg gear isn't usuable in arena) then it might be ok..

but tbh gear is not the issue in arena/pvp... its the abilities and OP abilities and CC that needs looking at,, some things shouldn't be allowed in arena..

sounds like another "brush it under the carpet and HEY look gear for doing nowt.... now you don't need to worry bout how shit pvp is anyway cos LOOK shinies for you with no effort" enjoy/...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Instant 90, no gear grind = FOTM reroll heaven.
    It's only 1 character you can boost to 90 AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    This and:
    Wasn't the "no more grind"-part only for (a) specific time(s) during the week? Hence when it isn't that time you'll have to play normally with gearing etc?
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Deleted
    yes

wanna know whats the best? they are keeping the old talens, like shockwave+arms, sfury/bloodhorror+affly etc. so I doubt arenas are gonna be good anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Good. 100% skill-based, 0% gear-based is how PvP should be.

I've been saying it for years. What took them so long?
    This cracks me up "skill based". Flavor of the month based always will and always will be.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    1 character per account when you upgrade to WoD, yeah.

Good change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Now every expansion, Blizzard releases a new class, or 2 new races into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Why would someone create malware for a mac? Is there a black market for photo albums of cats and half written novels?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    This and:
    Wasn't the "no more grind"-part only for (a) specific time(s) during the week? Hence when it isn't that time you'll have to play normally with gearing etc?
    Yep. It completely depends on how often and how long the Trial of the Gladiator is available.

I don't know if Holinka spoke about time frames, but if it's only available for 4 hours on a sunday afternoon then it'll be awful. If it's available every evening from 6pm to 10pm then it'll be awesome.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-11-09 at 01:23 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loving this change,

Can't remember how many time because of work i have tanked rating due to being behind the gear curve, even with the catch up system its hard to stay on the bleeding edge of gear progression. Now it doesn't matter with regards to gear........

Only thing now is to address separate pvp/pve modifiers as certain abilities are op/shit in pvp due to pve mechanics driving the majority of balance issues. This should now be achievable each season as they know the absolute maximum gear stats available and no mixing in pve gear to fuck up the formulae.

Stuff like combustion triple dipping from resilience and obliterate hitting for an absolute shit tonne on cloth etc.

If they were to do that i'd be a happy bunny

10+ Year Old Account
    Light on details but personally I think it sounds promising.