Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WW lvl 100 talents?

anyone have any info on what they are yet?

I just wrote a blog post analyzing the talents for both WW and BrM. Some pretty interesting stuff in those talents.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Serene Mists - Chi Serentity: Instant 1.5m CD - You enter a state of mental and physical serenity for 10 sec. While in this state all Chi consumptions are instantly refilled.

Chi Explosion: 1 Chi Instant 40y Range - Consumes up to 4 Chi to cause the target to explode with Chi energy, causing additional effects based on Chi consumed:
    1+ Chi: Deals X Nature damage to an enemy
    2+ Chi: Damaged enemies also take an additional X Nature damage over 6 sec.
    3+ Chi: Also generates a charge of Tigereye Brew.
    4 Chi: The damage also hits all enemies within 8y of the target.

Vital Convictions - Hurricane Strike: 15y range, Instant, 45s CD - Unleash a rapid sereies of kicks dashing between nearby targets dealing X damage over 3 sec. While kicking, you are immune to all damage and effects.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on initial views, Serene Mists seems like the best if it works like 10s of free Chi usage. I'd assume if you have 4 Chi, it counts that you have 4 Chi for the full 10s duration.
    Obviously Chi Explosion sounds like a good deal in AOE situations if used with 4 Chi, and ST situations with 3 Chi.
    Vital Convictions sounds more PvP focused, but may be used as a damage CD if there are more than 1 target or it works in single target situations.

Obviously the numbers are somewhat placeholders so once they are balanced better we'll be able to see.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Chi Explosion confuses me. Why is it a 40 yard range? Why do Nature damage? Why does it not just replace Blackout Kick? What does "generates a charge of TEB" mean and why is that the only benefit for spending an entire chi that does no extra damage? It's a really weird ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Chi Explosion confuses me. Why is it a 40 yard range? Why do Nature damage? Why does it not just replace Blackout Kick? What does "generates a charge of TEB" mean and why is that the only benefit for spending an entire chi that does no extra damage? It's a really weird ability.
    Assuming that its works with current mechanics and WW mechanics are unchanged..

40 yd ranged- its a ranged chi using ability.

Not replacing BoK- it has a varying effect depending on how much Chi you use it with, whereas BoK will always use 2 chi and deal damage. Chances are, at 2 chi, BoK will be better/equal for damage in PvE situations.

Generating TeB- I guess that at 3 chi, it'll generate 1 stack of TeB in addition to normal TeB generation, and will be affected by mastery akin to Chi Brew TeB generation (After Chi Brew was fixed anyway).

So basically, at best, you use it at 1 chi if you absolutely need to dump chi at ranged, 2 chi if its a dps increase over BoK/need to dump chi, 3 chi if you need to generate TeB stacks fast for, say, an incoming burn phase, and 4 chi for AoE situations. Potentially 1 chi/2 chi may be worth using over BoK/TP/SFB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Yeah, I'm just not sure what the point of the ability is. Except for the 4 chi AoE, it doesn't seem to do anything special, but it all depends on its numbers relationship with BoK and exactly how TEB works in 6.0.

I, for one, can't wait to see the madness of myself and two SEF clones with RJW rolling Killing Spr---I mean Hurricane Striking around the place.

When I look at this the one thing we can say for sure is blizzard listened and gave us a real CD that has some decision making behind it. Xuen and TEB are pretty mindless in current state.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Based on initial views, Serene Mists seems like the best if it works like 10s of free Chi usage. I'd assume if you have 4 Chi, it counts that you have 4 Chi for the full 10s duration.
    Obviously Chi Explosion sounds like a good deal in AOE situations if used with 4 Chi, and ST situations with 3 Chi.
    Vital Convictions sounds more PvP focused, but may be used as a damage CD if there are more than 1 target or it works in single target situations.

Obviously the numbers are somewhat placeholders so once they are balanced better we'll be able to see.
    Serene Mists definitely feels like a dps cooldown where Chi >= 3, RSK is on CD, Tiger Power > 10 and then constantly spam Blackout Kick and RSK with a Fists of Fury thrown in at the last second before time runs out.

Chi Explosion CAN be a good single target dps cooldown but I think it's more designed to help facilitate target switching. Say there is an add that spawns half-way across the room that needs to be dpsed. While either you are moving to the add or while the tank is pulling the add to the raid group, you can pop Chi Explosion on the add to do some initial damage on it.

Vital Convictions does sound like a PvP talent but I can also see it being used for AOE fights. The adds on Garrosh Phase 1 would be a VERY good time to use that ability, in addition to Chi Tornado. I can also see this being used as a Fourth "Survival" cooldown similar to Zen Med, ToK, and Level 75 Talents.

As for the damage values, I'm hearing that the "item squish" is happening this expansion. Several people at Blizzcon have said that the health and damage has gone down considerably (520 ilvl tank with 45k hp, dps with 36k). So the numbers throwing around do seem more likely to be close to where they will be.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-11-09 at 07:52 AM.

I think chi explosion will only be really usable as an AoE ability especially if it's ideal to use on 3. You cannot consistently get to an odd # of chi.

Subject to change of course

Seems like Serene Mists is a great cooldown and could lower our haste value, no?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    I think chi explosion will only be really usable as an AoE ability especially if it's ideal to use on 3. You cannot consistently get to an odd # of chi.

Subject to change of course
    Chi Explosion would only be an AoE ability if used with 4 chi.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Chi Explosion would only be an AoE ability if used with 4 chi.
    I know, but as I was saying it can often be hard to reliably land on a specific chi number greater than 2. Even 4 with a RJW/Chi brew spec without ever wasting a chi.

Deleted
    serene mists sounds awesome to me, and vital convictions sounds alright too, i'm just not so sure on chi explosion. i like the idea of a range chi consumer, but with high mobility the majority of the time we're in melee range anyway, so it all depends how comparable it is to blackout kick.

still, bottom line, i'm pretty pleased with our talents so far ^^

tbh sub-4 chi Chi Explosion sounds like a means to give us some more effective ranged besides CJL/SFB spam.

With Chi Explosion, if you use it with 4 chi, then it does all 4 of those things; Direct damage, the DoT, the TEB charge and the AoE. That's how I read it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    With Chi Explosion, if you use it with 4 chi, then it does all 4 of those things; Direct damage, the DoT, the TEB charge and the AoE. That's how I read it.
    That is correct. since it says "1+", "2+", "3+", It means that if you use 3 chi, you activate the 1 Chi and 2 Chi activations in addition to 3 Chi activation.

The WW level 100 talents look to be a joke to me.

We get a 10s dps cooldown which I would guess allows for about 3-4 more blackout kicks per 90s. It also comes off as an adrenalin rush copy (which we already have in the form of energising brew).

Hurricane kick is FoF v2 but a little easier to manage since it doesn't root you in place.
    Chi explosion just comes off as tedious and cumbersome.

Serene mists is completely negligible as it won't really do all that much additional damage due to BoK clipping and 6sec RSK cd. You should never have issues maintaining 2+ chi at all times.

The best talent by far is hurricane kick. 14k damage and immune to all damage... yeah gg. Oh XYZ boss is casting a major damage/Harmful spell ability on me #hurricanekick. Oops I forgot to move and now I'm gonna get pooped upon #hurricanekick.

Chi Explosion will be aoe centric fights only imo.