Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Re-skinned old zones?

You guys are saying re-skinned old zones. From the video, the only thing these zones have in common are the names. If these EXACT zones were called something else and placed somewhere else, you wouldn't be calling them re-skins.

Cata-wasted time revamping old content, not enough end game content
    MoP- new zones don't fit wow, too much end game content can't keep up
    WoD- sending players to Draenor isn't new enough

Beg for new character models, complain new character models wasted time better spent on new race

you guys just love complaining and hating on wow, nothing more than that. I don't see how you can watch blizzcon and rather than be intrigued by the new lore and continent, sit there butthurt and angry.

They specifically said they built Dreanor from the ground up, even stating they did not just "alter / redo" them like they did with cata zones.

Welcome to the internet.
    Full of complainers no matter what happens, even if they get what they asked for.

Very few people are mistakenly complaining about this being "rehashed old content." Don't worry, they'll either learn otherwise or fade into obsolescence.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I really just want to know where Zangarmarsh went. There's not a mushroom to be seen in any Telredor screenshot, and half of what would be Zangarmarsh is now a bay. Which totally does not sync with current lore that's established that Zangarmarsh existed well before the orcs went bad

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    I really just want to know where Zangarmarsh went. There's not a mushroom to be seen in any Telredor screenshot, and half of what would be Zangarmarsh is now a bay. Which totally does not sync with current lore that's established that Zangarmarsh existed well before the orcs went bad
    I believe its still there, but much smaller. Some of it may be underwater as well.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Draenor has been rebuilt from the ground-up. Aside for a few areas, it's nothing like Outland.

It is also nothing like what it was in WC2, so it's a give and take scenario.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Metzen explained that Zangarmarsh hadn't became a marsh yet. Remember some of the land transformation is suppose to happen naturally over time, the rest of it happens when Draenor goes boom. We don't know which caused the change in Zangarmarsh.

Lore change. They literally explained this. Like repeatedly. Next to Shattrath is the Zangar sea. It hadn't drained from Draenor's destruction and come out as a marsh at that time.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splub View Post
    I believe its still there, but much smaller. Some of it may be underwater as well.
    The Naga pumped out a lot more water than we innitially thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    As another poster said, I specifically heard them say in the "What's Next" panel that the Draenor zones are built from scratch. Judging from the videos and screenshots, the quality of the art is much higher than BC. The trees and shrubbery in the foreground was highly detailed like Pandaria, far higher detail than BC.

As far as Zangarmarsh. At some point I saw a screenshot/concept art and it looks like Zangarmarsh is underwater in Draenor pre-sundering. There were fish swimming amongst the mushrooms.

I'm about to watch the Art panel so I'll update if I see anything useful to this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Dragonstrike View Post
    Metzen explained that Zangarmarsh hadn't became a marsh yet. Remember some of the land transformation is suppose to happen naturally over time, the rest of it happens when Draenor goes boom. We don't know which caused the change in Zangarmarsh.
    I suspect it might be all the water draining off into the Twisting Nether that causes Zangarmarsh to appear.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well some of it likely also happened when Draenor became the Red World we saw it as in WC2.

Deleted
    Wel according to blizzcon, zangarmarsh was an ocean, and shattarath was a port city in the zangarmarsh ocean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    As another poster said, I specifically heard them say in the "What's Next" panel that the Draenor zones are built from scratch. Judging from the videos and screenshots, the quality of the art is much higher than BC. The trees and shrubbery in the foreground was highly detailed like Pandaria, far higher detail than BC.

As far as Zangarmarsh. At some point I saw a screenshot/concept art and it looks like Zangarmarsh is underwater in Draenor pre-sundering. There were fish swimming amongst the mushrooms.

I'm about to watch the Art panel so I'll update if I see anything useful to this thread.
    Yeah, it all looks nice enough so far. But it also looks unpolished, there's a number of things that need to be done yet to bring it up to complete status.

Yes we do, it was the destruction of Draenor due to the portals. Zangar SEA is right where it's supposed to be.

They're idiots, to be honest.

Pay them no attention, this expansion concept is fucking awesome

considering they now have "spore whales" instead of spore giants im assuming that it was an ocean with giant mushrooms maybe some islands in it with sporelings then when it blew up all the water fell off the edge and it became a swamp.

which is kind of a shame since zangarmarsh is one of the few things i liked about bc
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

There is absolutely nothing that blizzard could have announced that people wouldnt be bitching about. They even could have announced that they were going to pay us for playing their game, and people would complain it's not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspectsftw View Post
    They're idiots, to be honest.

Pay them no attention, this expansion concept is fucking awesome
    yeah pay no attention to people who actually care about the storyline
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552