Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think she should win. Not only becuase of costume itelsf (shoulders,helm and cloak look great) but espeically because how she look. Maybe it's just me but most wow characters got great bodies etc...so i think cosplayers should got the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryrida View Post
    I'm pretty sure she didn't dress like that to hook up with a random guy at BlizzCon.
    not the random guy on the other hand if meth-zen approach her......
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    One the cosplaying the troll feral druid gets my vote!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure she didn't dress like that to hook up with a random guy at BlizzCon.
    Yeah, because girls only pick their clothes because they want to hook up with someone. Nothing to do with their own personal tastes or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Wow, you're saying she's pandering, greasy, and desperate. Wanna say that to her face? I mean what does that make you for saying that? Mean? Judgemental? Righteous?
    Yes, she did seem desperate. Desperate for attention.

btw that training dummy cosplay wins hand down
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Yes, she did seem desperate. Desperate for attention.
    Brilliant deduction holmes! ... so you figure because she had a great body and was showing it off, in a room full of pimple faced testosterone ridden geeked out boys, that she couldn't get any attention any other way?

Elementary my dear watson.

This thread at 28600 views now... lol.

But I have seen a lot of people pawn off sexy characters instantly just because they're sexy and call them "mindless male fantasies" when they really aren't. Catwoman? Not a mindless male fantasy.
    Have you even read the new 52 Catwoman..?
    Because that argument is thrown right out the window.

That being said i dont support the new 52 but just saying.. new 52 is the pinnacle of male fantasy in comics.

I knew this thread was going to go down this shitstorm of a path.. Burbears pretty much hitting the nail on the head though.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I learned today, people take cosplay very seriously. I thought it was just grown ups wearing costumes but now I get that it is SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Quote Originally Posted by Goubatsu View Post
    Have you even read the new 52 Catwoman..?
    Because that argument is thrown right out the window.

That being said i dont support the new 52 but just saying.. new 52 is the pinnacle of male fantasy in comics.

I knew this thread was going to go down this shitstorm of a path.. Burbears pretty much hitting the nail on the head though.
    New 52 is pretty much shit all around. It's dumbing down of previously awesome female heroes to appeal to male comic book readers is just one aspect of that.

Also glad to see this shitstorm is still storming away.

- - - Updated - - -

What I learned today, people take cosplay very seriously. I thought it was just grown ups wearing costumes but now I get that it is SERIOUS BUSINESS.
    Dude, go to some cosplay forums or message boards sometimes. That shit is scary as hell. They make me back when I lead hardcore raids look tame and rational with how they treat each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    Dude, go to some cosplay forums or message boards sometimes. That shit is scary as hell. They make me back when I lead hardcore raids look tame and rational with how they treat each other.
    After the things I have seen today, I actually believe you and therefore, I will be avoiding cosplay forums. I picture a whole level of hell devoted to those who criticize others for the costumes they wear, that's how weird I think it is.

After the things I have seen today, I actually believe you and therefore, I will be avoiding cosplay forums. I picture a whole level of hell devoted to those who criticize others for the costumes they wear, that's how weird I think it is.
    "Criticism" is a light word. Fat chicks calling skinny girls sluts. Skinny girls calling fat ones whales. Middle school level rumor spreading. Video game cosplay vs anime cosplay flamewars and series vs series flamewards within those. White knights and radfems flipping back and forth between fighting each other and supporting each other based on the argument at hand.

It's madness I tell you!

Deleted
    How about Lich Queen? Is it hard for you to imagine that the lich queen might like to look sexy? Look at all the wow females in lore, what percent of them are ugly? For that matter, look at arthas... is he ugly? If we really care about this as much as you do... wouldn't we require him to be some plain looking guy that is not attractive to females?

edit: omg I'm out of this argument that picture you linked is hilarious. Not at all sexy naked alien lol.
    You're sexualizing a major lore character that isn't meant to be sexualized. Thats the end of the arguement.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    You're sexualizing a major lore character that isn't meant to be sexualized. Thats the end of the arguement.
    Wrong. They can if they want, and if they want to then they will. That's the final word.

She has a great body. Yeah, no one can deny that. She should've cosplayed Sylvanas or Alextrazza if she wanted to be half naked. Lich King is not half naked. That's too bad 'cause her costume was great, it would have been awesome with the full armor.

But I wouldn't bash the girl, she does what she wants to do. And if boys (yeah, that's the right term) fall for it... that's their own stupidity.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    Wrong. They can if they want, and if they want to then they will. That's the final word.
    Exactly. No post on any forum will stop them from doing it. No argument will stop them. And certainly no guilt trip will stop them. Freedom!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    And if boys (yeah, that's the right term) fall for it... that's their own stupidity.
    I see what you did. I feel like a little child now. Lawl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillah View Post
    The problem is that this was a cosplay contest, and she isn't really cosplaying anything relevant.
    She cosplays the fan art picture.
    If there was ANY problem with her outfit, don't you think the people responsible wouldn't have disqualified her from the contest?
    Fact of the matter..... With some respect for the niche itself, Cosplay is a type of art.
    All throughout the centuries art is given intellectual freedom.

I think one contributing problem at hand is, how apparently many MMO-C gamers seem to be in denial with what goes on outside the gaming and computer world.
    In the, what's called real world... Lack of information leads to wrong assumptions.
    For christ sakes, they have entire tv series revolving the matter, and the related crafts.

Naked Vegas:
    http://www.syfy.com/nakedvegas

Heros of Cosplay:
    http://www.syfy.com/heroesofcosplay

Face Off:
    http://www.syfy.com/faceoff

Mind, this is on TV in the US, and with that the display of nudity is extremely limited.

The other guy you addressed did have a point. Nudity, and with that the display of lots of skin is completely natural and in no way offensive to hundreds of millions of people in the western world. Almost entire Europe has that stance. Therefore there's nothing slutty or inappropriate.
    I too share the lack of comprehension when one tries to compare. How can one get fired up about a little bit of skin, but at the same time doesn't have much problem (if at all) with violence caused through inflationary spread of fire arms. I fail that comprehension, it goes against evolving society principles.

However, when you start accepting nudity, and the display of skin as normal and natural, along with that comes a better measure about filthy, or slutty or inappropriate. That girl at that contest does not fit in any of these three categories. And as it seems, the organizers of the event didn't think so either.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I think people are reading too much into things maybe she didn't want to walk around in full fur/metal armor in a sweaty convention eh? Think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    She cosplays the fan art picture.
    If there was ANY problem with her outfit, don't you think the people responsible wouldn't have disqualified her from the contest?
    Fact of the matter..... With some respect for the niche itself, Cosplay is a type of art.
    All throughout the centuries art is given intellectual freedom.

I think one contributing problem at hand is, how apparently many MMO-C gamers seem to be in denial with what goes on outside the gaming and computer world.
    In the, what's called real world... Lack of information leads to wrong assumptions.
    For christ sakes, they have entire tv series revolving the matter, and the related crafts.

Naked Vegas:
    http://www.syfy.com/nakedvegas

Heros of Cosplay:
    http://www.syfy.com/heroesofcosplay

Face Off:
    http://www.syfy.com/faceoff

Mind, this is on TV in the US, and with that the display of nudity is extremely limited.

The other guy you addressed did have a point. Nudity, and with that the display of lots of skin is completely natural and in no way offensive to hundreds of millions of people in the western world. Almost entire Europe has that stance. Therefore there's nothing slutty or inappropriate.
    I too share the lack of comprehension when one tries to compare. How can one get fired up about a little bit of skin, but at the same time doesn't have much problem (if at all) with violence caused through inflationary spread of fire arms. I fail that comprehension, it goes against evolving society principles.

However, when you start accepting nudity, and the display of skin as normal and natural, along with that comes a better measure about filthy, or slutty or inappropriate. That girl at that contest does not fit in any of these three categories. And as it seems, the organizers of the event didn't think so either.
    Wow this is actually a really good post. So I'm quoting all of it. I think it says all I'd want to say if I took any of this very seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    Nope. not end of argument...... Blizzard itself sexualizes ALL female lore characters. Not a single exception.
    When Blizzard does it it's fine, when fans dress up and keep the sexual tone it's not fine anymore?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."