Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
... LastLast
  1. #321
    Brewmaster ParanoiD84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Treekodar View Post
    The winner was clear this year: http://puu.sh/5eaHb.jpg
    Haha thats great

  2. #322
    Elemental Lord Tastyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,221
    I think this was much better, tbh The gear looks like a labor of love, and she totally captures King chin.
    “Expect to feel pleasure. Knowledge is sexy. Expect to feel pain. Knowledge is torture. ”
    Jeff Noon, Vurt
    Scientism is ripe on MMOC ,so is the lack of understanding that science is a tool ,not an organizing principle

  3. #323
    Over 9000! Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    9,829
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Well its her choice to show some skin no?
    it is her choice, absolutely. And it is the organizers of the contest to decide whether her choice was/is appropriate
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  4. #324
    I don't know why you guys are surprised. Females are mostly attention whores when games are involved.

  5. #325
    Dreadlord finskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Winterfin Retreat
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    So, let's flip the script then. What if she wasn't "hot"? Would all the people defending her suddenly be doing so when the other people coming in going "omg I'd tap that" and stuff come in this thread and defend her equally because she'd be getting fat-shamed all across Azeroth?
    If anyone was fat-shaming anyone here I'd be even more offended than I am about the slut-shaming. You can't seriously think that we're all defending her simply because we have our cocks in our hands. This thread got ugly on page one, people have been flat out mean, and if you can use your brain to deduce why, it isn't because her costume sucks. It is because they are jealous, pathetic and sad.

    If your answer is no, then that doesn't make anyone against this costume a sexist. You should be looking at yourselves at that point. I don't like the costume because I find it, and the drawing it was based off of, both in poor taste. She could still look very sexy and wear more, and get just as much attention for her beauty and not for her lack of armor.
    Yet ask yourself, why do you feel it is in poor taste? See just by saying that you have slut shamed her because you don't actually have to call someone a slut to do that. All you have to do is try to shame them for dressing in sexually provocative ways! Yes that is it! Women have dressed in sexually provocative ways since the dawn of time, and people have tried to make them feel bad for it! But we really should be over TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE FEEL BAD FOR DOING WHAT THEY LIKE DOING! If she chose to wear this outfit, and it did not break any rules for the dress code, then you are actually the one who needs to look in the mirror... sorry, but when I look in the mirror I see someone who doesn't look at the amount of clothing a person has and then decide to judge them for it.

    But, if she did that, the "omg I'd tap that" comments would be far less. She went to a convention center, not the club. If you're going to a place where people will be wearing more clothing wearing less, it's obvious what the reasoning is. Like if a girl showed up in a very revealing dress to someone's wedding. It's pretty clear the reasons why.
    See you just did it again! If a woman goes to a wedding, should she be shamed for wearing a revealing dress? If so, then you must admit, society puts an impossible standard on women, on the one hand, you are supposed to be free to do whatever you want in a feminist world, including how you dress yourself, and that you should have confidence and own your beauty because that is sexy, but on the other, you cannot do whatever you want or you'll be shamed for it by your peers! That is why there is this 'white-knighting' going on here that seems to also offend you. Many people in this thread are disgusted by the behavior of those who pretend to be white knights ie sitting on their moral high horse, and at the same time, attempting to make the girl feel bad for being herself and doing whatever she wants!

    I didn't like the costume. No amount of white-knighting on her behalf, by anyone, is going to change that. Oh, and to the guy who said to me "did she make you feel funny in your pants", no, she didn't. On top of the fact I know people in this world drastically more attractive than she is, I also know those same people to be far drastically more attractive in jeans and a t-shirt. They don't need to wear g-strings and push-up bra plate armor to catch my eye. The fact that this woman, for whatever reasons she has, felt she needed or wanted to is very unappealing. It's called different tastes.
    Then just say you don't like the costume! The reason that anyone would make comments towards your posts that insinuate jealousy is because... YOU INSINUATE JEALOUSY! This gets the point across I think:

    Jessica Ringrose has argued that it (slut shaming) functions among women as a way of sublimating sexual jealousy "into a socially acceptable form of social critique of girls' sexual expression."

    So what I'm saying is, you're attempting to control her actions (how she dresses) not because you actually care about HER, but because you are jealous. If you objectively compare her costume to the majority of others, it is much better than most. Regardless of the subject, it probably cost a lot of money, the detail is very nice, most anyone would agree, it is well done. The only reason most people don't like it is because of the subject (you just admitted this in your post actually)... and that is when you realize they aren't judging her costume, they are judging her choice of costume, and then we can draw the conclusion since they are judging her choices that they are judging her character, and so we are left wondering why they feel the need to judge her character, when clearly all she did was enter a COSTUME contest.

    "Because I've taken my clothes off in public doesn't mean that I've revealed every inch of my soul." -- Madonna

    "Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." -- Madonna

    I keep quoting Madonna not because I'm a huge fan, but because you'd think after her, we could all have realized that people have the right to express themselves freely, and not be shamed for it. Simple as that.
    Last edited by finskee; 2013-11-10 at 11:46 PM.

  6. #326
    Immortal adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    7,894
    Quoting Madonna is never wise

  7. #327
    Dreadlord finskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Winterfin Retreat
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    I don't know why you guys are surprised. Females are mostly attention whores when games are involved.
    And most men who play video games are pigs, who will do anything to talk to a girl playing a video game, and then call them a whore without knowing anything about them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Quoting Madonna is never wise
    “I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.”

  8. #328
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    9,405
    I think some of the people you saw in the contest were Blizzard employees that weren't allowed to actually be judged, which is why you didn't see them place. I'm not sure who all, but that happens every year.

    Personally, I am sad about the zergling which was hella cute.
    AbathurSnuggles: Heroes Tech Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Super Mod:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimca Elysia

  9. #329
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,596
    Well, that might be true...if I was a girl. I'm not. I'm a guy. So what's there to be jealous of?

    Also, at no point did I ever call her a slut. That's "slut shaming". I don't think she's a slut at all. She'd have to do slutty actions like, I dunno, have a threeway with the two male barbarians for me to say that. However, her costume does look trashy. Sorry, but that's not something you just sweep under the rug. It's how it was designed to look. It's poorly thought out because she has to know the ramifications of what people will think about her. Now, if she doesn't care, then that alone gives you an idea as to what she's aiming for right there.

    She wanted attention. If she didn't, she wouldn't have worn that outfit. If a girl shows up to a wedding wearing a really revealing dress, it's obvious she just wants attention. She knows it, everyone else there knows it, you know it, and I know it. To think anything beyond that is not only deluding yourself but essentially saying that women are oblivious and stupid. They're not. This girl knew exactly what she signed up for with putting that on and wearing it in a public setting, and she wanted that to happen.

    Which I find in poor taste and I am not a fan of. Why should I only state "I'm not a fan of it" when I can also explain exactly why I'm not a fan of it? If you don't like my reasoning for not liking it, tough. I wasn't looking for your approval. She wasn't looking for my approval, either. Well, more power to her. But to sit here and say that she didn't put that thing she calls a costume on for any other reasons other than the ones I listed is just ludicrous. Unless she's a complete moron. I'm doubting the latter.

    The Wrynn costume above is a much better costume, and that girl is far more attractive to me personally. Because she can look sexy without parading herself around in next to nothing. However, there's no threads about her. Wonder why that is. Which is still the point I stick by.

  10. #330
    Dreadlord finskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Winterfin Retreat
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Well, that might be true...if I was a girl. I'm not. I'm a guy. So what's there to be jealous of?
    I don't know, maybe you're jealous of all the attention she's getting?

    Also, at no point did I ever call her a slut. That's "slut shaming". I don't think she's a slut at all. She'd have to do slutty actions like, I dunno, have a threeway with the two male barbarians for me to say that. However, her costume does look trashy. Sorry, but that's not something you just sweep under the rug. It's how it was designed to look. It's poorly thought out because she has to know the ramifications of what people will think about her. Now, if she doesn't care, then that alone gives you an idea as to what she's aiming for right there.
    That is absolutely not true! You don't have to call someone a slut to slut-shame them, you just need to shame them for dressing like a slut... WHICH YOU JUST DID IN THIS PARAGRAPH! Read about what slut shaming is please: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slut-shaming

    She wanted attention. If she didn't, she wouldn't have worn that outfit. If a girl shows up to a wedding wearing a really revealing dress, it's obvious she just wants attention. She knows it, everyone else there knows it, you know it, and I know it. To think anything beyond that is not only deluding yourself but essentially saying that women are oblivious and stupid. They're not. This girl knew exactly what she signed up for with putting that on and wearing it in a public setting, and she wanted that to happen.
    I'm not saying women are oblivious and stupid I'm saying that they deserve attention for being awesome!

    Which I find in poor taste and I am not a fan of. Why should I only state "I'm not a fan of it" when I can also explain exactly why I'm not a fan of it? If you don't like my reasoning for not liking it, tough. I wasn't looking for your approval. She wasn't looking for my approval, either. Well, more power to her. But to sit here and say that she didn't put that thing she calls a costume on for any other reasons other than the ones I listed is just ludicrous. Unless she's a complete moron. I'm doubting the latter.
    So you've established that no one is looking for approval, but if that is the case, why are you saying you don't approve? When you say "I find it in poor taste" you're just saying you don't approve. Same thing.

    The Wrynn costume above is a much better costume, and that girl is far more attractive to me personally. Because she can look sexy without parading herself around in next to nothing. However, there's no threads about her. Wonder why that is. Which is still the point I stick by.
    Stick by that point. It is perfect. You just slut-shamed her again, (because she can look sexy without parading herself around in next to nothing) then asked yourself why anyone would like her more than the wrynn girl, when we all know exactly why...

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Well, that might be true...if I was a girl. I'm not. I'm a guy. So what's there to be jealous of?
    There's plenty to be jealous, or even covetous over and being a guy doesn't change that.

    Also, at no point did I ever call her a slut. That's "slut shaming". I don't think she's a slut at all. She'd have to do slutty actions like, I dunno, have a threeway with the two male barbarians for me to say that. However, her costume does look trashy. Sorry, but that's not something you just sweep under the rug. It's how it was designed to look. It's poorly thought out because she has to know the ramifications of what people will think about her. Now, if she doesn't care, then that alone gives you an idea as to what she's aiming for right there.
    You didn't read his post did you? You don't need to even use the word slut to slut-shame her. You do it by insinuating at every turn that she needs to cover up, that she's not free to express herself in such a manner because of the immaturity of others. That is slut-shaming, and nothing you say will change that.

    She wanted attention. If she didn't, she wouldn't have worn that outfit. If a girl shows up to a wedding wearing a really revealing dress, it's obvious she just wants attention. She knows it, everyone else there knows it, you know it, and I know it. To think anything beyond that is not only deluding yourself but essentially saying that women are oblivious and stupid. They're not. This girl knew exactly what she signed up for with putting that on and wearing it in a public setting, and she wanted that to happen.
    Right, so a woman who feels sexually liberated enough to show some skin is automatically doing it to get guys to stare at her. So what you're saying is, in short, "She's a slut."

    Which I find in poor taste and I am not a fan of. Why should I only state "I'm not a fan of it" when I can also explain exactly why I'm not a fan of it? If you don't like my reasoning for not liking it, tough. I wasn't looking for your approval. She wasn't looking for my approval, either. Well, more power to her. But to sit here and say that she didn't put that thing she calls a costume on for any other reasons other than the ones I listed is just ludicrous. Unless she's a complete moron. I'm doubting the latter.
    Again calling her a slut in such a round about way that you can justify it to yourself and preen proudly from your faux moral high horse.

    The Wrynn costume above is a much better costume, and that girl is far more attractive to me personally. Because she can look sexy without parading herself around in next to nothing. However, there's no threads about her. Wonder why that is. Which is still the point I stick by.
    Nice strawman, kid. Seriously, just leave the thread. You're embarrassing yourself and other men by extension with this pathetic display of radical feminist logic.

  12. #332
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    9,405
    alright everyone, chill out please.
    AbathurSnuggles: Heroes Tech Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Super Mod:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimca Elysia

  13. #333
    My one problem with her costume was this: female Lich King.

    Why does making the character female instantly take away 50% of her armor?

  14. #334
    Pandaren Monk Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,998
    Quote Originally Posted by exou View Post
    My one problem with her costume was this: female Lich King.

    Why does making the character female instantly take away 50% of her armor?
    Because that's how it works in game. Take an armor set and place it on both a male and female character. You'll notice a rather large difference.


    Fully Retired | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  15. #335
    Bloodsail Admiral Neliah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,060
    I just bursted out in laughter when I saw her. Her costume is SOOO nice - if it was complete :P to me it was more of a "Hey virgin geeks, look at me and vote!" kinda thing. If she had completed the entire outfit, then she would have won without a doubt.

    (Tuskarr or the feral kitty should have won though lol <3 )

  16. #336
    My favourite was that target dummy.

  17. #337
    Bloodsail Admiral NuLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    1,020
    Lol this thread is still up. A lot of you are really insecure. No shit the body wearing the costume is going to be judged. Is it such a shocker that people find others who are fit attractive. What's more eye catching than the human body?

    Where is the huge thread about the barbarian showing his abs and legs. Of course people are going to use their bodies to draw attention and accentuate their costume. Everyone who participated wanted attention. Would the guy who dressed up as the fat south park player of looked right if he wasn't fat? His body made the costume look better.

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    alright everyone, chill out please.
    The following topics are not to be discussed on MMO-Champion on penalty of ban.
    Hateful language about race, religion, country (Example: US vs. EU threads), political beliefs, etc.
    We do not want to see: Racism, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, harassment, grammar policing.


    I notice that gender bashing, sexism and slut shaming aren't on the list. So is that ok? If it's not maybe it could be added to the list.

  19. #339
    Dreadlord finskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Winterfin Retreat
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    alright everyone, chill out please.
    On the one hand, yes I see why you'd say that, but on the other, look at the posts that followed yours. I feel the discussion is valid simply because over and over again, people seem to think that a girl cannot make a costume sexy without automatically turning into a (for lack of a better term) slut. It's kind of silly don't you think? <3

  20. #340
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    9,405
    Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    On the one hand, yes I see why you'd say that, but on the other, look at the posts that followed yours. I feel the discussion is valid simply because over and over again, people seem to think that a girl cannot make a costume sexy without automatically turning into a (for lack of a better term) slut. It's kind of silly don't you think? <3
    It's certainly an interesting topic on a general level, but the thread doesn't need to be derailed with only-semi-relevant hostile bickering about who is and isn't slut shaming.

    I'm just sayin'
    AbathurSnuggles: Heroes Tech Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Super Mod:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimca Elysia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •