Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    She is a Chinese. In Chinese wan jia means player. So her name is Fanny.
    Last edited by billielecter; 2013-11-11 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by billielecter View Post
    Yeah actually it wasn't hard to find her on google:
    http://2p.com/1046441_1/Female-Lich-...an-Imagine.htm
    This is actually her, I don't see how you can say the costume isn't good:

Another link, she is from china I'd say:
    http://2p.com/1111439_1/Hilarious-Co...naJoy-2013.htm

Here's the lich queen from 2011, so you can see this is not the first lich queen:

and another female arthas:

I really like this one personally:

And this one I love:
    Last edited by finskee; 2013-11-11 at 06:15 AM.

I'm so confused by so many comments in this thread...

Let's get things straight.

Is the lady pretty? Yes. (To me anyways, and probably 99% of humans will agree)

Am I objectifying her by saying she's pretty because I'm a heterosexual male? Mmm... trick question. But honestly, hell yes I am. (Sorry, but that isn't wrong, that's just nature. The environment I've grown up in says she is a very fit individual, in all aspects.) It would be a very rare person that would say, 'ah yes. that must just be a woman.' She isn't just a woman, she's a desirable woman, and like it or not, desirable women are objectified, because they are gorgeous and ideal.

Does the costume capture a Lich King concept? Yes and No. No, because the Lich King is Male. This is a Lich Queen, and therefore she can look however the fuck she wants to, because its interpreted, in this case she said this is what a female Lich King looks like. (However, to me it could have been done better... plate mail over the legs and mail over her belly would have made the costume feel complete since Northrend is really cold, and she's carrying Frostmourne. Going into battle with no clothes is ill advised.) Imo, she took the concept and objectified feminity/herself by saying this is what a Lich Queen would look like.

To me, it's not really even 'sexy'... Sexy is a feeling of confidence getting into bed with someone who really likes you. This is the opposite, or something else, since there's no intimacy. What it is, is appealing and showy, but not sexy -even though you can make that assumption.

It's the same reason why we assume clothes are sexy. The presence of clothes (or lack there of) can build (or cause) desire. We dress to cool desire. If people went to work naked, some work might get done, but probably not a lot. Clothes enable humans to develop their humanity without having to consciously mitigate their desires to do so.

When we watch lemurs in a cage interact, and one of the males gets an erection and chases the female around the enclosure, us humans just laugh at this primal act. But are we laughing at the lemurs or in spite of ourselves?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/stormrage/No_Helmet_Required/

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Going into battle with no clothes is ill advised.
    In the world of fantasy, which is the one that WOW sits firmly in, I think it is pretty obvious that this rule does not apply. (armorkinis? Mages in cloth?) But... also, if you do fight naked, you're pretty badass, aren't you? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nudity_in_combat

To me, it's not really even 'sexy'... Sexy is a feeling of confidence getting into bed with someone who really likes you. This is the opposite, or something else, since there's no intimacy. What it is, is appealing and showy, but not sexy -even though you can make that assumption.
    I'm not arguing, i agree with most of your post, but I don't understand this. Confidence in general is sexy, I don't care if a girl is wearing clothes or not or getting into bed or not, if she knows what she likes and goes after it, men will fall at her feet.
    Last edited by finskee; 2013-11-11 at 06:47 AM.

Yeah I'm not feeling this, skimpy is fine if done well but the chest/bikini bottom did not match the rest of the outfit.

Freaking amazing costume.

I thought the woman dressed as Valerian Mengsk was pretty good looking.
    Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer.

just one word, niceeeeee.

So I've gone through this thread and so far haven't seen one person say her name, so I actually made an account just to satisfy your needs. The name is Mao Xiaoduo Sina, a Chinese PAID model, who cosplays whatever other artist build for her. Blizzard probably knew about this considering that they told a fake name and I think that's also one of the reasons she didn't get anywhere near the finalists. Also I think the judges are really fair with their picks. They picked the person who made her costume without any info on what it could look like and really put some effort into making something that doesn't yet exist. Also I've never seen them pick a finalist just because they wear close to nothing and attract with sex appeal...

Even editing the post to add a link doesn't allow it since I haven't got enough posts, however I can probably do this:

http worldcosplay(dot)net /member /24721 /photos

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    I'm gonna start working on it right away, I love sylvanas, and unlike these other guys, I'm skinny, 150 pounds, tight, and tall, so I'm pretty sure I will be the exact gender mirror of sylvanis, with a g-string of course. You'll know me when you see me keep your eyes out.
    Sorry to say this but... The "Lich Queen" already did a Sylvanas Windrunner, I'll add the "link" (cant post them yet so you'll have to work around it) for her picture. But it's photoshoped like the ones for Lich Queen

http photo(dot)blog(dot)sina(dot)com(dot)cn /photo /1339657685 /4fd98dd5gx6Bg6FG7Nr15
    Last edited by Frko; 2013-11-11 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Adding links

Quote Originally Posted by kukob View Post
    just one word, niceeeeee.
    Double that

I'd raid her.

The thread is too long to read. So I'll just say this:

She was planning to cosplay Kerrigan, but the flight company did not allow her to bring that suit (wing-like thingy), so she had to turn to plan B, the LK.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Going into battle with no clothes is ill advised
    Eschewing amor for mobility has been very common throughout history. When this argument comes up, I like to point to the historical inaccuracy of Keira Knightley's armour in King Arthur - she's wearing far more than would be realistic.

As for being cold in Northrend, she's undead; it really doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    Nothing wrong with slut shaming at all.

It's a family event. If you're going to dress like a prostitute, you shouldn't be allowed in.

Society is so ass backwards these days.

I'm done with this forum. Too many edgy retards.
    I see you got banned. One less 'edgy retard' it is then.

As to the OP, I'm not a fan of the costume, bit to revealing. The detail on it is amazing though.

Quote Originally Posted by billielecter View Post
    Lol her name is Fanny :3

OT: Wouldn't she be cold? I mean the lich king got his warm fluffy armor for a reason.
    Last edited by ridish; 2013-11-11 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frko View Post
    Even editing the post to add a link doesn't allow it since I haven't got enough posts, however I can probably do this:

http://worldcosplay.net/member/24721/photos

Sorry to say this but... The "Lich Queen" already did a Sylvanas Windrunner, I'll add the "link" (cant post them yet so you'll have to work around it) for her picture. But it's photoshoped like the ones for Lich Queen

http://photo.blog.sina.com.cn/photo/...5gx6Bg6FG7Nr15
    Fixed the links.
    "When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods people believe in, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Has feminism arrived in this thread yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Avalos View Post
    Has feminism arrived in this thread yet?
    This thread wouldn't even be here if it had. A girl dressed up for a Cosplay competition. The end.

I swear that there was some fan-art done of a genderbent Lich King in this exact costume, complete with the little skull panties, and that this is actually a cosplay of that fanart, but I can't for the life of me remember where it was, and I'm not about to go on a terrifying google adventure to find it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    This thread wouldn't even be here if it had. A girl dressed up for a Cosplay competition. The end.
    ...Women do cosplay all the time. Most are only remarking on the fact that it's basically a bikini with skulls and a pretty nice helm. But still, I swear this design actually originated from a fanart. If I'm right, that actually makes me like it a lot more.

As it is, it just seems excessive to basically just be wearing the Lich Bikini.

Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Hardly dressed up.

I thought it was about the costume, not about the person wearing it. Honestly, her costume is mostly just bodypaint.

What's wrong with some good full plate armour?