Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelerena View Post
    I thought her costume was well done too. Although she never placed. The person who won first place was some person doing a blood elf whatever. It was also well done. Although people are picking on her for her lack of costume and how much skin she showed? How about this. At least she was brave enough to go out there dressed like that. Unlike the majority of this forum who is bashing her for being "trashy". That really annoys me when someone points out stuff like that.

Although when I go to blizzcon sometime a year or so from now I'm going as one of my characters. (quite possibly either my shaman Zelerena or my Draenei Priest Celestreana) (and I know how they got those hoofs on. they are weirdly made shoes lol)

Anyways. I seriously think you should think about how much bravery it takes to go out in about thousands of people plus the Millions who are watching blizzcon on Direct TV...
    The person who won was a Diablo Wizard....

You all maintain this is not a paid model in manufactured armor, and are yelling at eachother cause you think she was sitting in her garage moulding those pads?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Are you really a member of the 501 legion? Would love to see your armor. Do you have pic?

Got an officer too. That photos from a while back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goubatsu View Post
    Got an officer too. That photos from a while back.
    I love it. Thanks for showing us that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    You all maintain this is not a paid model in manufactured armor, and are yelling at eachother cause you think she was sitting in her garage moulding those pads?
    Personally I feel she could be a paid model, but we don't know anything really. I also maintain that because of her pics on the internet, Blizzard invited her, because we know they invited a few cosplay groups. I don't think anyone is yelling at anyone about how she got her costume.

She looked great. One of the better ones.

The real crime was that infested stukov was not a finalist!

also mira han and the male druid with the purple beard/hair
    Last edited by minkage; 2013-11-11 at 02:49 AM.

The parts of her costume that were there were good. My favorite though was the lady in Warrior t6 with the Soul Cleaver, now that was just badass.

Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    The parts of her costume that were there were good. My favorite though was the lady in Warrior t6 with the Soul Cleaver, now that was just badass.

My God I adored that costume, I was sad she didn't even get an Honorable Mention.

My favorite is still Jesse Cox as Leah. After he did the interview with the Skeleton King, I got to talk with him a bit. I also helped him out by reminding him that Leah is the Skeleton King's granddaughter.

Nothing wrong with slut shaming at all.

It's a family event. If you're going to dress like a prostitute, you shouldn't be allowed in.

Society is so ass backwards these days.

I'm done with this forum. Too many edgy retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    That's the radical feminist "male power fantasy" double standard I mentioned. Radfems like their beefcake and prettyboys after all.

Ok, had to chime in with that. Going to zonk out now.
    I see feminist haters trotting out this line of argument as well.

Radical feminism has been a dead horse since the 80s, it's ridiculous to beat it all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post

It's a family event. If you're going to dress like a prostitute, you shouldn't be allowed in.

I disagree with every word in this post, the thought patterns behind it, the social context that spawned it and the ugly spirit in which it is written.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

I disagree with every word in this post, the thought patterns behind it, the social context that spawned it and the ugly spirit in which it is written.
    And I disagree with everything a disgusting feminist cow like you stands for. Your mental illness is a plague upon our beautiful planet, and thankfully the majority of the people do not take your retardation seriously.

The world would be better off without you and the shameless sluts you defend. Your parents clearly failed you because they instilled no morals in you. What a shameful human being.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    I'm gonna start working on it right away, I love sylvanas, and unlike these other guys, I'm skinny, 150 pounds, tight, and tall, so I'm pretty sure I will be the exact gender mirror of sylvanis, with a g-string of course. You'll know me when you see me keep your eyes out.

http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/2...igital_art.jpg 1 million points of epic.
    Worst part's gonna be all the waxing, I'm betting :P

- - - Updated - - -

And I disagree with everything a disgusting feminist cow like you stands for. Your mental illness is a plague upon our beautiful planet, and thankfully the majority of the people do not take your retardation seriously.

The world would be better off without you and the shameless sluts you defend. Your parents clearly failed you because they instilled no morals in you.
    I'm not a feminist I just despise angry misogynists on the internet.

Because I like women and hate horrible people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You're a feminist and a misandrist. You were a waste of semen. And I pity whoever had the lack of foresight to spawn you.

You're a feminist and a misandrist. You were a waste of semen. And I pity whoever had the lack of foresight to spawn you.
    It's amusing that you're the one going on about morals. I don't think you have any.

10+ Year Old Account

I thought you said you were done with these forums?

She is a Chinese. In Chinese wan jia means player. So her name is Fanny.
    Last edited by billielecter; 2013-11-11 at 05:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by billielecter View Post
    She is a Chinese. In Chinese wan jia means player. So her name is Fanny.
    Yeah actually it wasn't hard to find her on google:
    http://2p.com/1046441_1/Female-Lich-...an-Imagine.htm
    This is actually her, I don't see how you can say the costume isn't good:

Another link, she is from china I'd say:
    http://2p.com/1111439_1/Hilarious-Co...naJoy-2013.htm

Here's the lich queen from 2011, so you can see this is not the first lich queen:

and another female arthas:

I really like this one personally:

And this one I love:
    Last edited by finskee; 2013-11-11 at 06:15 AM.

I'm so confused by so many comments in this thread...

Let's get things straight.

Is the lady pretty? Yes. (To me anyways, and probably 99% of humans will agree)

Am I objectifying her by saying she's pretty because I'm a heterosexual male? Mmm... trick question. But honestly, hell yes I am. (Sorry, but that isn't wrong, that's just nature. The environment I've grown up in says she is a very fit individual, in all aspects.) It would be a very rare person that would say, 'ah yes. that must just be a woman.' She isn't just a woman, she's a desirable woman, and like it or not, desirable women are objectified, because they are gorgeous and ideal.

Does the costume capture a Lich King concept? Yes and No. No, because the Lich King is Male. This is a Lich Queen, and therefore she can look however the fuck she wants to, because its interpreted, in this case she said this is what a female Lich King looks like. (However, to me it could have been done better... plate mail over the legs and mail over her belly would have made the costume feel complete since Northrend is really cold, and she's carrying Frostmourne. Going into battle with no clothes is ill advised.) Imo, she took the concept and objectified feminity/herself by saying this is what a Lich Queen would look like.

To me, it's not really even 'sexy'... Sexy is a feeling of confidence getting into bed with someone who really likes you. This is the opposite, or something else, since there's no intimacy. What it is, is appealing and showy, but not sexy -even though you can make that assumption.

It's the same reason why we assume clothes are sexy. The presence of clothes (or lack there of) can build (or cause) desire. We dress to cool desire. If people went to work naked, some work might get done, but probably not a lot. Clothes enable humans to develop their humanity without having to consciously mitigate their desires to do so.

When we watch lemurs in a cage interact, and one of the males gets an erection and chases the female around the enclosure, us humans just laugh at this primal act. But are we laughing at the lemurs or in spite of ourselves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Going into battle with no clothes is ill advised.
    In the world of fantasy, which is the one that WOW sits firmly in, I think it is pretty obvious that this rule does not apply. (armorkinis? Mages in cloth?) But... also, if you do fight naked, you're pretty badass, aren't you? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nudity_in_combat

To me, it's not really even 'sexy'... Sexy is a feeling of confidence getting into bed with someone who really likes you. This is the opposite, or something else, since there's no intimacy. What it is, is appealing and showy, but not sexy -even though you can make that assumption.
    I'm not arguing, i agree with most of your post, but I don't understand this. Confidence in general is sexy, I don't care if a girl is wearing clothes or not or getting into bed or not, if she knows what she likes and goes after it, men will fall at her feet.
    Last edited by finskee; 2013-11-11 at 06:47 AM.