Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Why is is excessive?
    Excessive because it's going for the pretty bleh 'plate bikini' pandering which is a tired, old trope. Haven't you heard? The cool thing now is proper plate armor for women, a la Brienne of Tarth, and I like it that way.

I just feel like the plate bikini is trying too hard to push the sexiness angle of something that doesn't really need a sexiness angle at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    As someone in this thread stated, look at that Wrynn girl cosplayer. She's not half-naked, even her body doesn't look ideal. Yet she is beautiful, sexy, attractive and her cosplay (not just the costume, but the whole feel brought up by the combination of it with the person who wears it) is very spectacular. Yet you probably think she 'isn't free', bah.
    Of course she's free. The problem is that people are judging her as "good" because her outfit covers more, whereas the Lich Queen one is "bad" because of her choice covering less. What they're wearing really shouldn't be taken as a reference point in terms of judging them as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Nothing wrong with either. The problem is why the contention that there should be a preference for the latter over the former because the former is somehow morally wrong and offers some kind of negative reflection on the woman wearing it.
    It's not morally wrong... It's cheap.
    Basically: She's using the fact that males find her attractive in order to win the costume contest. People with better costumes will not have as good a chance of winning, because she's naked and many people are feeling intimate parts swell up when looking at her.

It's unfair and cheap. A costume contest should be a costume contest.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Here's the lich queen from 2011, so you can see this is not the first lich queen:
    wait it's not the first slut? what a surprise! the world is full of sluts

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dayum people you're still talking about this why? <.<

Going semi-nude is just attention whoring to get male votes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    The parts of her costume that were there were good. My favorite though was the lady in Warrior t6 with the Soul Cleaver, now that was just badass.

That's real quality cosplay - She should have won! Really great attention to detail and no "look, I'm nearly nude, now get horny and vote for me".
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    This thread, coupled with the recent 'LGBT laws in Russia' makes me very sad. Most of the western culture seems to believe 'being immoral and intentionally bringing your human nature closer to animal instincts' means 'freedom'.

Mr. finskee is the master of logical fallacies here - you do nothing but call out everyone who makes a point on their 'slut-shaming'. Guess what: if a woman does everything with a hidden agenda of getting attention, it doesn't mean your americandreamish-shit like 'she's doing what she wants because she's free!'. It means only one thing: she's attention-whoring. If the only thing you can do to attract attention is to appeal to men's animal instincts, then, duh, you're just whoring/slutting yourself out. Stop using fallacies and sophistication to prove otherwise. It doesn't even matter what we're talking about - it's not just about cosplay and this particular woman. There's plenty of movies, books, pieces of art, cartoons, anime etc that are filled with so-called 'fanservice', which is, in essence, just an whoring-out attempt to play on primitive stuff.

As someone in this thread stated, look at that Wrynn girl cosplayer. She's not half-naked, even her body doesn't look ideal. Yet she is beautiful, sexy, attractive and her cosplay (not just the costume, but the whole feel brought up by the combination of it with the person who wears it) is very spectacular. Yet you probably think she 'isn't free', bah.
    Yes! I get to be Master of Logical Fallacies! I am humbled!

Wow I just read through your posting history and you might be the most conservative person in the world. And that's being as nice as I can about it. /backawayslowly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    wait it's not the first slut? what a surprise! the world is full of sluts
    I don't know why you guys are surprised. Females are mostly attention whores when games are involved.
    shes ugly as FUCK rofl OP
    And as for how to deal with females in your guild:
    It's very simple. Don't invite females to your guild, or, if you're not the leader, leave the guild as soon as you spot one.
    I didn't realize people like you still existed. Thank you for educating me.

This thread has brought out the best in all of you. Nice work!
    Last edited by finskee; 2013-11-11 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    costume is ok but i could spend an hour or 2 on that body. bet she makes somebody very happy of an evening. bless ya.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Poor girl, the icy winds of Northrend consumed her clothes.

I have to say I like the more correct costumes, there are other arenas for bikini contests.

This thread is such a shit hole. Mods should lock it. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    It's not morally wrong... It's cheap.
    Basically: She's using the fact that males find her attractive in order to win the costume contest. People with better costumes will not have as good a chance of winning, because she's naked and many people are feeling intimate parts swell up when looking at her.

It's unfair and cheap. A costume contest should be a costume contest.
    Who are you to say it's cheap? Her body compliments her costume and vice versa. She might work really hard to be in the shape that she's in. If anything, I'd say she deserves credit for tailoring the costume to fit her physique.

Physical attraction is a thing, you know. It seems to be a trend nowadays to deny it, but incorporating your body with art or work doesn't invalidate or devalue that per sé. Please stop being so quick to pull the trigger on the you're-just-thinking-with-your-dick gun.
    Last edited by Avalos; 2013-11-11 at 03:34 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has gone off the rails at this point, closing it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |