Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    1st talent: Making affliction even more powerful in pvp (something no one will like, especially the devs), but I heard they're revamping affliction to make it more simple.
    Making destro a chaos bolt spam sequence (even more boring), and completely useless for pvp purposes
    Making demo more simple, more balanced, viable in pvp (worth discussing dmg reduction perks)

2nd talent: Meh

3rd talent: it will all come down to the new functionalities of those pets. if we're talking about a possible aoe stun or something, then infernal will look amazing for pvp, allowing us to drop shadowfury and pick shadowflame/mortal coil. For pvp it will never be taken though if it doesnt have a silence, and especially since 1st talent is so good for affliction.

Conclusion: where's destro pvp love?

Lol at nobody caring about demonology. Sorry OP.

The thing that really strikes me about 400% ember regeneration is that we will be able to cast ember tap all the god damn time. Will be nice soloing and in BGs, and the dps hit from doing it in PvE will be much lower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    1st talent: Making affliction even more powerful in pvp (something no one will like, especially the devs), but I heard they're revamping affliction to make it more simple.
    Making destro a chaos bolt spam sequence (even more boring), and completely useless for pvp purposes
    Making demo more simple, more balanced, viable in pvp (worth discussing dmg reduction perks)

2nd talent: Meh

3rd talent: it will all come down to the new functionalities of those pets. if we're talking about a possible aoe stun or something, then infernal will look amazing for pvp, allowing us to drop shadowfury and pick shadowflame/mortal coil. For pvp it will never be taken though if it doesnt have a silence, and especially since 1st talent is so good for affliction.

Conclusion: where's destro pvp love?
    Not every spec is supposed to PvP viable fyi.

Any fight with a prolonged execute phase is going to be awesome for Destro with Chaotic Resources ... so many Shadowburns ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by spookyy View Post
    I don't even know how to address this. The expansion isn't even half finished, neither is the progress in the latest raid content for most player and you're already worrying about a talent that will most likely get changed so much, that it will probably do something completely different, once the exp gets released.
    Hell.. who is to say that Chaos Bolt won't become a 1s spell with reduced dmg?
    There will be so many changes that it more than useless to discuss how future talents might work with our mechanics right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Perma Doomguard? That's like having an imp on steroids. And if you don't like that you can simply go with a buffed version of haunt or fun AoE talent. How is this not fun?

perma "new" pet is not a solution for us, don't help us in PVP and in pve is a simple increased passive damage. In tooltip "2.6 sec cast time"... WTF?

"Cataclysm" have long-long-long cast time, in PVP is terrible. No bonus like snare/disorient/stun/proc/Knockback. In pve is very redundant, another AOE button. Look at "falling stars" for mages... istant cast, short CD, good damage. Why warlock ALWAYS have biblic-cast-time for spell and other caster gain istant?

Chaotic resources is good (i think) for affliction, for destruction is lollish... for demo is ... meh.
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2013-11-09 at 03:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebmyers View Post
    Not every spec is supposed to PvP viable fyi.
    The aim of blizzard is that every spec is pvp viable, just not "pvp optimal", but I get your point, I guess I can't expect warlock to have it all, especially when we got such good array of tools and our representation in arena is great.

Still, talking in pve terms, destro doesn't gain much with the first 2 talents (so far), even considering numbers tweaking, if not let's see:

- 1st talent, ignoring numbers, dictates more self-healing (useless in pve) vs more mobility. Very bad trade, considering that we can't even cast chaos bolt in the move, and that the strength of the spell is when combined with temporary buffs.

- 2nd talent technically is a dps increase, but not a huge concern when destro is already one of the top performing specs on that matter.

But (obvious thing to say), guess we'll have to wait for future versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    Chaotic resources is good (i think) for affliction, for destruction is lollish... for demo is ... meh.
    What? Chaotic resource is amazing for affliction locks, except for the fact that it will probably mean dot power nerf (again).
    For destro is rubbish sure, but I doubt it will stay that way.
    But for DEMO....for demo it's amazing, and a solid attempt to make the spec viable in pvp.
    Last edited by mmocac141d2a8a; 2013-11-09 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Any fight with a prolonged execute phase is going to be awesome for Destro with Chaotic Resources ... so many Shadowburns ...
    i think dps is blanced between last 3 talents... chaotic resource for destruction in PVE is very ugly. Yes, you can cast more and more chaos bolts and shadowburns... but conflagrate and incinerate hits like a bird. This talents is pretty meh...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post

What? Chaotic resource is amazing for affliction locks, except for the fact that it will probably mean dot power nerf (again).
    For destro is rubbish sure, but I doubt it will stay that way.
    But for DEMO....for demo it's amazing, and a solid attempt to make the spec viable in pvp.
    is very good for afliction, but dot nerf -again- is sure...

for destruction is garbish, 5-6 incinerata at very very low damage to cast chaos bolt like a hell. LOL. This talent is really ugly.

for demo is a kinda meh for me, because demon form lose 30% damage and in PVP you can spam touch of chaos/abilities (-30% damage...) and the damage is totally over-healing.
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2013-11-09 at 03:58 PM.

Deleted
    Can't really make a judgement till we see some proper numbers, but really liking where they're going with locks.

Why do you discuss numbers? They'll be fixed a lot. Current numbers are given as an example, no more) The same goes about cast time.

5-6 incinerata at very very low damage to cast chaos bolt like a hell. LOL. This talent is really ugly.
    It'd be more like 2-3 incinerates to get a Chaos Bolt / Shadowburn. If they keep in that 15% chance to get an additional emberbit, and it crits, you could get a full ember from one incinerate, even.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aminally View Post
    Why do you discuss numbers? They'll be fixed a lot. Current numbers are given as an example, no more) The same goes about cast time.
    is singular... warlock's cataclysm have cast time 2.6 sec, other spells/abilities istant. Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It'd be more like 2-3 incinerates to get a Chaos Bolt / Shadowburn. If they keep in that 15% chance to get an additional emberbit, and it crits, you could get a full ember from one incinerate, even.
    ok but i think DPS is "balanced", like grimoire sacrifice/service/supremacy.

For me is better a talent RNG to give proc-istant to broke rotation's monotony

Some passive abilities have cast times on them. What does it mean? It just means that they used different templates for different classes and will fix tooltips when beta (alpha) hits =)

10+ Year Old Account
    for demo is a kinda meh for me, because demon form lose 30% damage and in PVP you can spam touch of chaos/abilities (-30% damage...) and the damage is totally over-healing.
    You lose 30% damage yes, but remember that you do increase damage in demon form compared to your normal form anyway, demon form is a lot tankier than your normal form, has stun reduction and that everything but Soul Fire is instant. It's actually a very strong talent for Demonology for PvP. Your burst will be a bit lower but it will give a fairly good increase in sustained damage and survivability.

What's odd is chaotic resources gives two specs a different style of play and affliction just gets a 15% slapped on.

Here's to hoping that gets changed into something more interesting.

Deleted
    perma "new" pet is not a solution for us, don't help us in PVP and in pve is a simple increased passive damage. In tooltip "2.6 sec cast time"... WTF?
    So by your logic anything that is a simple passive dps increase is not helpful whatsoever? Ok I guess then GoSac used to be a complete disaster when it was 45% increase, since it was only passive. Same probably goes for any other pet or buff related mechanic. Maybe you should consider disenchanting your gear, since its provided dps increase is only passive. And I didn't read anything about 2.6s cast time in a tool tip, but if so, it's probably only the cast time to actually summon your doomguard/infernal, since it will be working like a pet. You were probably referring to Cataclysm.
    It may not be the best choice for PvP admittedly, I'll give you that.

"Cataclysm" have long-long-long cast time, in PVP is terrible. No bonus like snare/disorient/stun/proc/Knockback. In pve is very redundant, another AOE button. Look at "falling stars" for mages... istant cast, short CD, good damage. Why warlock ALWAYS have biblic-cast-time for spell and other caster gain istant?
    I guess this spell is kinda silly. I like the idea, but it's quite redundant, isn't it? We already have FnB as destro and SB:SoC as Affli. That one will most likely be completely reworked

I like the idea of the talent, but the numbers seem a little odd. Also, I highly doubt, that it'd be worth sacrificing a Soul Shard for a buffed haunt. But we don't know how our ressources will be managed/regenerated in the upcoming expansion, so I'd rather not go too much into detail and only stay superficial and talk about the abilities in general.
    I commented your post.

And I thought people were premature when they discusses stuff during the last Beta. Now Beta hasn't even started, and people want to go number-crunching. Geez. If the past has taught us anything, then it's that these sorts of things change like ten times until release. There is zero reason to be discussing them now, unless you plan on giving serious, informed Beta feedback to Blizzard - which you're not. Don't lie.

This would be shitty in the start of expansion, but would eventually scale way out of hand as people got their hands on enough mastery to maintain a +100% damage increase in meta after the -30% penalty.

Deleted
    Perma meta. Finally switching to demo <3

But Perma Doomguard also looks promising. Lets see what will provide more DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    You lose 30% damage yes, but remember that you do increase damage in demon form compared to your normal form anyway, demon form is a lot tankier than your normal form, has stun reduction and that everything but Soul Fire is instant. It's actually a very strong talent for Demonology for PvP. Your burst will be a bit lower but it will give a fairly good increase in sustained damage and survivability.
    uhm, maybe with GoSac will be an interesting talent. But demo need a "shadowburn".

soul fire is istant in demon form?