Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Soloable expansion?

Everything I'm reading seems to just be pushing "SOLO, SOLO EVERYTHING!"

It was already quite far in End of Cata/MoP You have LFR, LFG, Dailies, Bosses you can tag without even having to ask for a raid invite.

Now theres going to be this new "Followers" System? Does it mean I don't even have to have human players in my group ever again?

I thought this was an MMO?

I'm sorry are they taking away any of the current group content? No? Then why are you bitching?
    And LFR/LFG/Bosses still require other people so there isn't anything solo about it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm sorry are they taking away any of the current group content? No? Then why are you bitching?
    And LFR/LFG/Bosses still require other people so there isn't anything solo about it.
    I agree completely. As far as I've seen, they're not taking away any sort of group content (dungeons, raids, organized PvP).

I am curious about the rewards for followers running dungeons/raids.

It can't be loot from there, and how is that going to work. Is it going to be RNG if they succeed? Are we going to be able to guide them? Will we be able to run with them?

It seems to good to be true to be honest...

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Yes, it will be soloable, eventually :3
    This guy.......

Get ouda heer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post

It was already quite far in End of Cata/MoP You have LFR, LFG, Dailies, Bosses you can tag without even having to ask for a raid invite.

Now theres going to be this new "Followers" System? Does it mean I don't even have to have human players in my group ever again?

As far as i understand it, u wont be playing with these followers, you assemble a group of followers to do different missions that can take anywhere from 2hrs to a week depending on what kind of mission, atleast that's the impression i got.

You....You don't count. You aren't even human playing the game!
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The followers thing to me seems like the Assassin's thing in Assassin's Creed where you send your dudes off to do missions and stuff. Or like a mobile or Facebook game. You won't actually be questing/ dungeoning with them.

Yeah, followers as an assassin's creed element is cool, but why would they have specific specs and stuff? It'd be nice to bring one out into the field with you. But completely soloable? Only if you count queing for LFR as soloing the content, otherwise instanced content is still going to be part of your end game.

You already had followers in MOP if you did Shado-Pan Dailies, not like it's a new concept.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

It seems to me like they are building on the follower feature of SWTOR. Your followers could fight with you and do your professions while you were offline, but it wasn't like you could bring them to a hard mode dungeon or make a group full of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    More Solo is More Better.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would point out that the whole garrison/followers thing said nothing at all about you going out with your followers. As a matter of fact, it was pretty specifically described as offline progression and that some of the quests could have your group gone for more than a day. Now that in itself is something interesting to discuss but I didn't see anything to suggest that you'll do a lot--or anything more than we do now--grouped with NPC's.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

You thought wrong... this is an MMORPG... not an MMO.

Call of Duty can be called an MMO by your standards. This is not meant to be Call of Duty with swords.

The key here is that players can play the game that FITS THEIR PLAYSTYLE. And we, as a diverse set of DIFFERENT players with DIFFERENT playstyles, interact in our own DIFFERENT ways.

So... no doubt you're going to say something stupid like "How does some guy who sits in his garrison and solos dungeons with followers interact with players!?"

Because he/she will interact with the AH and find other players on the field at some point or another, or even interact in trade chat.

Let me spell it to you another way

I like fishing in WoW. I can fish all day and never talk to anybody... I then sell my fish on the AH. The PVPer and PVEer then buys my fish and it helps them raid.

BOOM - MMO part of MMORPG completed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I would point out that the whole garrison/followers thing said nothing at all about you going out with your followers. As a matter of fact, it was pretty specifically described as offline progression and that some of the quests could have your group gone for more than a day. Now that in itself is something interesting to discuss but I didn't see anything to suggest that you'll do a lot--or anything more than we do now--grouped with NPC's.
    ...doesn't that kinda make the term "followers" rather moot? That's more like "hirelings" or "Recruits" than a "Follower".

Also, what's the point of selecting "Tank Followers, DPS followers and Healer followers" then at the inn? What's the point of giving them gear and selecting attack/healing/tanking abilities?

EDIT: I re-watched the pannel again... and I think you're right to a degree, it's not so much an "offline" thing - but it doesn't sound as if they can follow you around either possibly. It's more like they can just go out and do things in the world via missions (which makes me wonder if you can meet them and help them do missions... basically the opposite of having them help you do your quests. :P)

In regards to the offline progression, they said specifically at the pannel "You can even have them perform tasks offline". I got the distinct impression it's not "offline only".

Here's the actual Blizzcon Pannel (Not sure if this violates anything... delete/edit link if needed)

Mod note: At this point I'm fairly sure it does and is unlikely to stick around for long in any case. Sorry [ML]
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-11-09 at 07:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...doesn't that kinda make the term "followers" rather moot? That's more like "hirelings" or "Recruits" than a "Follower".

Also, what's the point of selecting "Tank Followers, DPS followers and Healer followers" then at the inn?
    I'm not overly fond of examining nomenclature to read things into names that may or not be there. I would guess that the point of selecting types of followers would be so that when you send them on a quest, they'll have a better chance of success. I may be off base about this but I heard what I heard and they didn't even come close to mentioning that you would be grouped up with them to do anything, much less everything. More details as they come out I guess. It's think it's true that the words 'offline progression' were mentioned. I may have misheard.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-11-09 at 07:23 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

.. I'm pretty sure the followers just act as NPC's the go out and do missions for you.. something to do for the heck of doing something.. In no one does it mean you dont need people to do content.. Let's try and stop taking every tiny detail we've learned today about WoD and trying to make it look bad.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    Yeah, followers as an assassin's creed element is cool, but why would they have specific specs and stuff? It'd be nice to bring one out into the field with you. But completely soloable? Only if you count queing for LFR as soloing the content, otherwise instanced content is still going to be part of your end game.
    I think it's just so that they can specialize in different things. Like there might be "Raid missions" where you are told "Some champions are in need of a Tank for <Raid> send a champion for a gold reward and chance at loot."

Obviously then you couldn't send just any follower. You'd need one who's tank spec'd and well enough geared.

It's actually really intricate if done right, and is part of why I'm super excited for the feature.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

No you just send them on missions themselves. You have to tailor the group you send to the challenge presented. If you are fighting a group of ogres in the forest, you might send the guy who does extra damage vs ogres, or the guy who has a boost to stats in the forest, or both with however many others are required. Its all offline progression. Whether you can actually take a follower with you in the world, I imagine they might let you bring one or something. Look at this page: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...nWWWNext79.jpg Though it is odd that he has "Last Man Standing" since you CLEARLY won't be with him on missions since they can happen when you are offline. Its probably like pet battles, where you send in the group and they fight the mission themselves, but its not a simple "You have 50% chance of success", they actually have AI that fights them through (obviously with out visuals since they are in a dungeon somewhere and you aren't).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Mod note: At this point I'm fairly sure it does and is unlikely to stick around for long in any case. Sorry [ML]
    Hehe - no worries... I kinda figured as much, hence the prompt. I just couldn't mentally clarify myself at this ungodly hour. Methinks it's time for bed at this point. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    This guy.......

Get ouda heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You....You don't count. You aren't even human playing the game!
    It took me a while to figure why they are responding like this. Had a good laugh