No more hit and expertise

So Blizz said that they are taking away certain stats that people do not find "enjoyable to manage" such as Hit and Expertise.

Awesome, can't wait till the only stats gear has it is "damage" and "healing". BiS +1000 damage.

Sorry, but the constant reforge/regem/reenchant/swap out pieces to optimally meet the soft caps was stupid and annoying. I'm not gonna miss it the slightest. We still have plenty of secondary stats left and they are adding 2 new ones, therefore your second sentence is nothing but WHINING.

Retired raider coming back for WoD.
    WoD BETA CLUB

The term needlessly complicated comes to mind. Not that it was complicated but you get the idea.

It's the right thing to do imho. So you're standing under a huge dragon/monster/whatever using your weapons/paws/hands/kicks and you manage to fail hitting... how do you actually fail to hit a wall that's 15cm away from you?

It makes sense that your foes actually reacts to your attack and dodges/parries/blocks it, but it made little to no sense to me that you could miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Sorry, but the constant reforge/regem/reenchant/swap out pieces to optimally meet the soft caps was stupid and annoying. I'm not gonna miss it the slightest. We still have plenty of secondary stats left and they are adding 2 new ones, therefore your second sentence is nothing but WHINING.
    what two new stats? Btw imo I think at least hit should not be removed as it is an important stat.

I'm 100% in favor of them removing hit and expertise. Wouldn't mind if they instead replaced it with one or two more interesting stats though (maybe Cleave / Spell-splash or smthn).

Hit and expertise wasn't fun. There was rarely a choice between using it or not (old Feral maybe the only exception) it was just a stat you had to have. Removing it is great. And they said they would add more stats in too. Personally I'm hoping they also removing spirit as it would really open up itemization options for some classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    And you do the same without hit & expertise.

1 Stat will always be superior each patch. Only a rare few occasions you need to balance out stats.

Hit and Expertise are gone, Movement Speed and Bonus Spell/Heal-Power are back... yay....

There was nothing fun, interesting or challenging about having to constantly reforge your gear to meet a hit cap. It was stupid and pointless.