Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    And don't even get me started on old players. They get burn out of playing for a long time and quit.
    Why do you think old players get burnt out and decide to quit? Could it be lack of challenging content that is lore-relevant? Oh no no, that would imply the game is getting worse. That couldn't be it.

  2. #22
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego California
    Posts
    337
    I'm sorry did you say MoP was awful and admit to never playing it? I don't get this mentality of people being unable to make a self informed decision, My friend said it sucked so by extension it must suck. ...how about making an informed decision at some point, by.. shocking... TRYING IT!!!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ckabear/simple

    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Staysafe View Post
    Why do you think old players get burnt out and decide to quit? Could it be lack of challenging content that is lore-relevant? Oh no no, that would imply the game is getting worse. That couldn't be it.
    Challenging content is there for the people that want it. Challenge mode, heroic raiding, Brawler's Guild at the start of it, even Heroic scenarios bring a nice small challenge to some.
    And "lore-relevant" is based on the user's opinion, which mean you're opinion does not equal theirs.

    But you could be right, that challenging content might not be enough. People might have quit for that. Some people could think the game is getting worse and quit. But will we know for sure? It's something impossible to know or pinpoint.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You are too funny. You talk of subscriptions but you truly don't know anything. You base loss of lack of new subs over losing subs solely on one reason of "cata/mop" being bad without even seeing any other reason that could affect it. You deny age is not a reason yet it causes reasons. Who's going to join a game they never played before that has 90 levels? That's very daunting to new players. And don't even get me started on old players. They get burn out of playing for a long time and quit.
    See these two things collide into each other, lack of new players + more older players burning out/getting bored/not liking current content.
    I will note that the cost of getting your foot into Cata content from nothing was Vanilla+BC $30, Wrath $50, and Cata $50, then toss on a $30 time card and it cost my friend $160 just to play a worgan. No one is going to pay that much to get in the door of cataclysm unless they just happen to have a lot of free cash burning a hole in their pocket. That kept a lot of new blood out of the game. Now we have better prices to get in the game and bigger starting boxes but in Cata, if the subs were bleeding this cost for entry certainly did not help put new blood in the game.

    Anyone who says they know the main reason for sub losses and that reason is the thing they didn't like is just making themselves look ignorant because no one here is silly enough or brainless enough to fall for it.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Funny you say that. MoP is beating TBC on recent polls here, coming in at 2nd behind Wrath. Again this is you trying to speak for lot of people.
    the word here and the date of the polls matters a lot...the paradox would be that the new LFR/gimme loot community of wow had different poll results
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

  6. #26
    Bloodsail Admiral Salech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The problem with u and people like you is that you don't realise there is many reasons for a sub loss and the age of wow is one of those reasons.
    But so is poor content and stupid ideas, so it's a mix of all.

  7. #27
    High Overlord Deshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In ur akount, sharding ur purplz
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Qanlayeni View Post
    sub losses are due to the age of the game
    WOW really? This is still a valid argument? Age of what game? Vanilla wow? Well then its good thing were not in vanilla wow anymore. Oh wait... that has nothing to do with jack shit because it is an always online mmo that can be changed and updated with a virtually unlimited supply of funds.

  8. #28
    The Patient GameFreakRPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Twisting Netherlands
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Staysafe View Post
    I've seen dozens of people trashing WoD, so I'm offering my contrary opinion. That's what forums are for, right? Conversation? Figured you would have picked that up somewhere between your 1st and 5,527th post.
    Don't worry too much about the people trashing WoD, I'm sure they're just a vocal minority.

    Thanks Quosk1867, for the amazing sig! <3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •