Poll: Did the merge have to happen?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mythic is a new difficulty harder than heroic with a 20 player fixed size. Taken Directly from the World of Warcraft : Whats Next post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felocity View Post
    What alot of people are ignorant to is that recruiting now and recruiting in 6.0 will be different.
    "recruitment is hard for 10 mans right now how will we ever find 5-6 more people?"

Well in 6.0 way more people will be looking for guilds as 25s begin to cut down.So it wont be THAT difficult to build your roster at the end of the expansion.
    Let's take an example on a random mid pop server (quickly browsing through a couple of wowprogress realm overviews it's not an impossible example)

Now:

4x 25 man guilds who have cleared at least a couple of bosses with each a roster of 30 players
    20x 10 man guilds who have a couple hc's down with each a roster of 13 players

Next patch:

Each 25 man guild fires 5 players to have a 25m roster for 20 mythic raids. So 20 free players looking for another guild.
    Lets say for the sake of the example that half of the 10 man guild are smart fucks that foresee trouble and merge.
    That leaves 10 guilds who think they can continue under their own name and will try to recruit.
    And it's exactly here that the big problem is: those 10 are going to recruit from eachother, and the 20 guys from 25m guilds are not enough.

This results in 3 guilds having a full roster and 7 with half a roster, because people keep trying. We've all been in a situation where our roster takes a big hit, and we aren't gonna give up that easy. And it's exactly this that frustrates people and make them quit.

I did not factor in my example:
    - the 10m people who simply don't enjoy big raids (I know plenty) but still want to raid the hardest content
    - the importance of each and every guild for the total player base, with socials / ex-raiders sticking to their guilds for social purposes. It's a reason why a substantial amount of players keep playing. The name, their friends, ... the social network. And the 20m story basically means cutting this in half.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sonataa View Post
    Mythic is a new difficulty harder than heroic with a 20 player fixed size. Taken Directly from the World of Warcraft : Whats Next post.
    That's a transcription of the panel from a non-Blizzard website. Blame whoever transcribed the panel for mmo-champion, because nothing like that was ever said in the panel. They only said that the new mythic is harder than the new heroic (which is currently called normal). Is everyone here just reading the synopsis from mmo-champion or did someone actually listen to the panel?

Ghostcrawler already clarified it on twitter that they are only changing names and not changing difficulties. What more do you people want?
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2013-11-09 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonataa View Post
    Right, it's harder than the NEW Heroic, which is equivalent to what is normal, right now.

Deleted
    Thank god the majority seems to have sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    oh a high pop server... shure
    Why would you ever limit your recruitment to your own server only?

I cant even remember the last time I've had a recruit come from my realm

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    oh a high pop server... shure
    Every. Single. Time. I. See. This. I. Cringe.

NEWS FLASH: BY the time the expac hits no server will be low pop, all realms will be connected properly.

That is all.

Deleted
    Theres plenty of time to recruit raiders for upcoming 20-man mythic raiding, no need to get a hissy fit.

Recruiting 1 person to have 11 on staff is no harder than recruiting 1 more when you only have 9.

Getting 10 people isn't any harder than finding 5.

Unless your guild is just bad, and no one applies because you're nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by Felocity View Post
    What alot of people are ignorant to is that recruiting now and recruiting in 6.0 will be different.
    "recruitment is hard for 10 mans right now how will we ever find 5-6 more people?"

Well in 6.0 way more people will be looking for guilds as 25s begin to cut down.So it wont be THAT difficult to build your roster at the end of the expansion.
    Going off wowprogress's west progression, there are about 4800 guilds who've killed a heroic boss on 10 man. There are about 870 guilds who've killed a heroic boss on 25.

That means there are more than double the number of people raiding 10s. 5 people getting cut from the rosters of 25 man teams wouldn't even cover 10% of the raiders required for the h10 guilds to shift to h20.

This is just killing off H10 & turning everyone into a H25 guild again, with a 5 person figleaf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Every. Single. Time. I. See. This. I. Cringe.

NEWS FLASH: BY the time the expac hits no server will be low pop, all realms will be connected properly.

That is all.
    depends on how they do it but im afraid most low pop servers have no proper raiders, they have already left, so taking 5 lows and turning it into a medium wont make a diff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Theres plenty of time to recruit raiders for upcoming 20-man mythic raiding, no need to get a hissy fit.
    yeah we can add 11 people to our roster just like that its soo easy!.
    hint that was sarcasm.
    all 10´s will be looking for people and the few that the 25´s will shed wont cover anything.
    and slightly more importantly if we recruit over those 6-8 months what are those people we recruit going to do until then?, are we supposed to a have a 8 man bench?, are we supposed to tell them thanks for joining you will have a spot in 6-8 months?

I don't see the big problem to be honest. It just means guilds who want to raid heroic will be 'recruiting' to an even larger pool of players with server merges. Possibly the only reason they're all scared is because they know Method will show them all up considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post

Ghostcrawler already clarified it on twitter that they are only changing names and not changing difficulties. What more do you people want?
    Well to be fair they said they had to hold back on mechanics to make encounters possible for both raidsizes which could just as well mean that encounters end up being more complex than they are now and thus harder.
    Anyways people holding on to the thought that long term a single heroic raiding format wasn't the way to go must be delusional. Personally I didn't expect it this addon but somewhere down the road it needed to happen.