Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    To be fair, they specified recently what exactly they are going to do (increase damage done / decrease damage taken by a player to / from a creature based on level difference), and that should generally work:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ces-Blue-Posts
    Yes, I have seen that before - but the question is priority. I seriously doubt they're going to put much priority on solo content. It'll be lots of, "We're working on it" and "Soon" - and maybe eventually it'll get fixed. Towards the end of the expansion. When we're sitting in another 12+ month tier.

Everything scales down so you're as powerful compared to your target as you were before. As soon as you mention % people panic because they don't know what it means.

Most likely scenario will be when you solo kael'thas;

You now hit him for 100000, in wod you'll hit him for 4000
    He hits you for 10000, in wod he'll hit you for 400
    Last edited by Speedlance; 2014-06-23 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Yes, I have seen that before - but the question is priority. I seriously doubt they're going to put much priority on solo content. It'll be lots of, "We're working on it" and "Soon" - and maybe eventually it'll get fixed. Towards the end of the expansion. When we're sitting in another 12+ month tier.
    They don't have to go and patch every mob, they just add a couple of lines in the general code that handles combat. This should be enough for 99% of the cases. I agree though that there can be cases where this isn't enough, and that, should that happen, they might not be too fast with fixes. Hopefully, it will be rare.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    "They'll do it" - They doed it already:
    *// Maximum factor of 16.5 vs. 10+ LevelDiffs
    DamageDealtFactor = 16.5*

And 16,5 is a lower multiplier than item squish divisor, which is only in effect if you are 13 or more levels above the Content.

Item Squish = nerf to Soloing
    Right so everything when WoD releases will be exactly as it is in Alpha. Got it. Of course not, they're still tweaking stats for abilities, they'll tweak this too.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Everything scales down so you're as powerful compared to your target as you were before. As soon as you mention % people panic because they don't know what it means.

I thought they were not touching TBC content only ones above that? Or was that just an example?

Of all the impending changes coming with WoD, this is probably my favorite. The voluminous gap between expansions was completely out of control. Taking things back to around lvl 55, and working their way SLOWLY up from that point was crucial. With this new system affecting us and the NPCs, we will still do the same level of damage, just with fewer zeros at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Those who still oppose it can simply go elsewhere, as they've no understanding of programming and don't understand this was more of a technical change because of need, rather than design by choice..
    I still don't want the squish. Doesn't mean I don't understand why they do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    T8 will be 3% better than T7, because the ilvl of T8 falls under the squish, but T18 will still be 20% better than T17, because presumably T17 is WoD and the ilvl of T17 is over the squish. That's the model.

When they run into the 32-bit limit again, they will up the ilvl boundary for the squish higher.
    If they're going to make the squish affect "previous content" but not "current content" they're being incredibly stupid. I don't even...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Real World View Post
    Of all the impending changes coming with WoD, this is probably my favorite. The voluminous gap between expansions was completely out of control. Taking things back to around lvl 55, and working their way SLOWLY up from that point was crucial. With this new system affecting us and the NPCs, we will still do the same level of damage, just with fewer zeros at the end.
    Unless rda is correct, in which case all that goes to shit.

Still, I'm sorry rda but I'll have to wait and see before I believe you :P
    What you said sounds way too stupid and incoherent for Blizzard to do...
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

15+ Year Old Account
    I disagree that it is decreasing it by 96%. They are reducing some stats less than others, like cloth armor is being more reduced than plate armor, this blanket statement is false.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post

Up to level 60, nothing scales down at all. From 60 to ~89, scaling is changed from its current growth to a roughly linear scale. Beyond that, things stay as is.

Which means your "most likely" scenario is completely wrong, unless you could do 100k at level 70.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I disagree that it is decreasing it by 96%. They are reducing some stats less than others, like cloth armor is being more reduced than plate armor, this blanket statement is false.
    That's separate from the squish. They changed how armor damage reduction is calculated and redid all armor, similar to how health is different in WoD.

Also keep in mind that this thread is over 6 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I thought they were not touching TBC content only ones above that? Or was that just an example?
    example obv but I think they will include TBC and below as well in the squish, but I recon they will make the curve less steep in terms of dmg increase and hp increase per level. Because that is the main issue in wow atm, the supreme increase in hp and dmg per expansion.
    I think at lvl 1 you probably won't notice the squish to much, then you gradually notice it more and more (especially if you have leveled a few toons before and remember roughly what hp mobs at each lvl has.)

This is not fact btw, this is based on their spoken words here and there, like when they said squish will not have any effect on soloing old content. (kael'thas will be significantly harder unchanged after item squish, unless he is squished as well)

They don't have to go and patch every mob, they just add a couple of lines in the general code that handles combat. This should be enough for 99% of the cases. I agree though that there can be cases where this isn't enough, and that, should that happen, they might not be too fast with fixes. Hopefully, it will be rare.
    looks like you've never been programming yourself. they can't just put in a generic multiplier, because once the boundary of a variable is crossed it's a totally different number. that's how the columbia (or was it different space shuttle?) exploded.
    so your 897634685743418546315341 dmg would turn into something like -476893. now multiply that with your generic multiplier to get just a smaller number :P

the squish is neccessary from the technical standpoint (machines can't go "alakhazam" and make impossible things happen) and if you can't understand it then please be quiet while the nerds are talking (no offense here to either side).

edit: you could save the values in a new temporary variable where you add the previous values and then apply your multiplier, but wanna know how much of a performance impact that would be doing this for literally every single action in a 20man raid?. pcs below sandy bridge gen would just be not capable of running mythic sized raids with at least playable 30 fps
    Last edited by Flaim; 2014-06-23 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Unless rda is correct, in which case all that goes to shit.

Still, I'm sorry rda but I'll have to wait and see before I believe you :P
    What you said sounds way too stupid and incoherent for Blizzard to do...
    I am certainly willing to entertain the notion that anything is possible. But, I would like to get some input from someone in Alpha who was willing to try soloing Black Temple with the new stats. It may, or may not already be adjusted in Alpha. It's tough to say. I am certainly reserving a great deal of judgement until it launches, and I have 30 days to test the boundaries for myself. As a baseline, I already know how long it takes my Paladin to clear Mag's Terrace. After the squish, and launch, I'll run it again and see if the time is higher, lower, or equal to where it sits now.

Quote Originally Posted by Real World View Post
    I am certainly willing to entertain the notion that anything is possible. But, I would like to get some input from someone in Alpha who was willing to try soloing Black Temple with the new stats. It may, or may not already be adjusted in Alpha. It's tough to say. I am certainly reserving a great deal of judgement until it launches, and I have 30 days to test the boundaries for myself. As a baseline, I already know how long it takes my Paladin to clear Mag's Terrace. After the squish, and launch, I'll run it again and see if the time is higher, lower, or equal to where it sits now.
    Unless something changed, the mobs outside Draenor are still doing pre-squish damage. Which results in a rather significant player squish against any serious opponent. Especially ogres.

Everything is awesome! Everything is cool when you squish all the items! As much as I love over 1 million damage in crits the numbers wont take up half the screen haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    looks like you've never been programming yourself. they can't just put in a generic multiplier, because once the boundary of a variable is crossed it's a totally different number. that's how the columbia (or was it different space shuttle?) exploded.
    It was the Challenger. The gaskets weren't made within proper tolerances to account for the unseasonably cold weather prior to launch, resulting in a fuel leak.

Columbia exploded on re-entry because it was damaged during launch when some padding broke off the boosters and blew back into the shuttle.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"