Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WoD's Timeline explained via graphic

Seeing all the confusion over the whole timeline/storyline explanation. I decided it might just be easier for me to illustrate Blizzard's insane plotline in a graphic rather than explain it using words alone... because words alone cannot untangle all this convoluted mess.

Hope this explains it a bit better for folks. No... DON'T ask me how this works. This is Blizz Story logic... not mine. I'm just explaining what they're setting up here....

Got it? Good! ^_^

Very good summary of events. I like how you seamlessy tied in WoD and Warcraft 1 in an intelligible way.
    Kudos.

Why do people not use imgur? Your picture isn't visible.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very good and high quality pic. This should get a sticky.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    Copy the image URL by right clicking, it's viewable there.

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

I can't see the picture

I don't even see a box where the picture would go. Can someone link the picture's URL please?

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well made diagram, pretty much nails it c:
    Butts.

Yep. That's about right.

Right, even though the plot, and idea behind this plot are completely ridiculous (In the bad way) they are going with alternate time line time travel, instead of paradoxical time travel. This lets them, let us play all 3 warcraft games again, via WoW (And completely ruin their story probably). THOUGH, if done correctly we could get a radically different and intersting WoW to play in the alternate timeline due to changes. IE: King Arthas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Precisely!

I'm sorry but timetravel is a no no in fictional writing. It's a cheesy way to make up reasons why things are happening. It's a way to use random ideas without having to build up on them, I don't know time travel.

Blizzard ran outta ideas. They really are pulling for straws here. They took one idea and using it for 2 expansions now. I think the general community would be happier to see Garrosh killed and they went off into a new idea that didn't include time travel as a poor excuse to copy an old expansion because it's cheaper and easier then coming up with a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Seeing all the confusion over the whole timeline/storyline explanation. I decided it might just be easier for me to illustrate Blizzard's insane plotline in a graphic rather than explain it using words alone... because words alone cannot untangle all this convoluted mess.

Hope this explains it a bit better for folks. No... DON'T ask me how this works. This is Blizz Story logic... not mine. I'm just explaining what they're setting up here....

Got it? Good! ^_^
    I appreciate the effort, but what exactly do the arrows mark? The player's path or Garrosh's or something else entirely? Don't get me wrong, I've been looking for a simple explanation like this, because some of my guildies understand it even less, but at least right now I cannot wrap my head around this image yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

10+ Year Old Account
    right click copy url open new tab paste hit enter tada.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithe View Post
    Can't see the pic, its just a box
    Then you see more than me. What kind of non standard internet voodoo sorcery are you using mvallas, to display that picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    right click copy url open new tab paste hit enter tada.
    I don't even see a picture box or anything that would indicate there is a picture in the first place. Marking his whole text yields the same result.

Edit:
    I think your picture is wrong, as again, if your timeline has some kind of scale, your time bubble is in the wrong place, as garrosh didn't stay there for 35 years or something and we play the events before the dark portal opens. It seems to me you are mixing our perception of time and the way we experienced the warcraft games and mix it with the timeline as the story pictures it.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-11-09 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    I'm sorry but timetravel is a no no in fictional writing. It's a cheesy way to make up reasons why things are happening. It's a way to use random ideas without having to build up on them, I don't know time travel.

Blizzard ran outta ideas. They really are pulling for straws here. They took one idea and using it for 2 expansions now. I think the general community would be happier to see Garrosh killed and they went off into a new idea that didn't include time travel as a poor excuse to copy an old expansion because it's cheaper and easier then coming up with a new one.
    That's how I and countless others feel. But the mods on these forums... they will be alerted by the die hard, wow-can-do-no-wrong, blizzard-loves-us types. And since blizz pays the bills around here, it's ban o'clock. I've learned to not voice this opinion on these forums anymore.

Nope. Sorry but your observation is lacking. Time travel has been very popular in games. Particularly some huge franchises. Blizzard came up with a great idea going back to this awesome time period. Do you realize how many directions they could of gone? If your going to argue a point. Bring supporting facts. Not just my opinionz iz bettur.

Deleted

Blizz didn't run out of ideas. If they had they'd already put Sargaras/azshara/N'zoth out already.
    I personally like the BttF/BI scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I appreciate the effort, but what exactly do the arrows mark? The player's path or Garrosh's or something else entirely? Don't get me wrong, I've been looking for a simple explanation like this, because some of my guildies understand it even less, but at least right now I cannot wrap my head around this image yet.
    The red arrows = Garrosh's time travel-path
    The Blue Arrows = the movement of the clipped copied time segment within the continuum.