Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzcon Live raid: Method vs Midwinter

So, I'm watching this about 10 minutes behind live. Midwinter is still wiping on Dark Shamans whilst Method is on Garrosh (not as bad as it sounds, only 5 bosses involved [Sha of Pride, Shamans, Malkorok, Seigecrafter and Garrosh] and no trash), I'm starting to feel really bad for Midwinter.

Method only wiped once on Garrosh, such a strong team.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

If anything this just shows the gap between the top EU guild and one of the top US guilds. I think Blood Legion would have been better, but even then I dont think they would win.

Deleted
    Method wins. Pro playing.

It all comes down to their decision to 2 tank it and keep the shamans stacked. The fight is a royal pain the ass if you don't "cheese" it 3 tanking, including 10man. They may very well have won the race if they had 3 tanked.

I found it interesting to see the progress side by side. Method had more clean kills, Midwinter seemed to be rushing too fast even for themselves. Was really fun to watch it though.

Deleted
    Poor Mid-Winter.

They pulled it back to 5-4 before Method killed Garrosh.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Any link ?

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Any link ?
    http://www.twitch.tv/kinkyrobot

I enjoyed this more than I expected. I was expecting Method to win but it was nice to cheer for the both of them, especially when Midwinter got Shamans down.

at least midwinter risked something by 2 tanking shamans i like that more

Here's a youtube link; I feel bad for Midwinter they are great guild imo but they just stumbled a bit

I think they probably thought they needed a high risk, high reward type strat to beat Method. Once you fail that, you basically lose the race.

I thought it would have been even closer if they just did the normal strat.

>hey guys you NEED to 3 tank this fight and only this fight or else the difficulty is insane even for a heroic farming guild that's been fed H warforgeds for 2 weeks already

That dev guy should be ashamed of himself, good thing they didn't have thok for the 8heal + 25 troll comp.

I do think this shows just what level Method is at; no disrespect to Midwinter as they are amazing as well, but they're not in the same league as Method. Neither is Blood Legion. This was basically an NFL team against an AFL team; both are great, but the AFL team usually can't hold a candle to the NFL team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I do think this shows just what level Method is at; no disrespect to Midwinter as they are amazing as well, but they're not in the same league as Method. Neither is Blood Legion. This was basically an NFL team against an AFL team; both are great, but the AFL team usually can't hold a candle to the NFL team.
    No this was 90% decided by the tactic used. Midwinter actually did a smoother and faster sha kill, but because they risked the insane 2 tank tactic on dark shamans instead of just playing safe 3 tank like method, they lost. Both guilds oneshot malkorok and siegecrafter right after, following method wiping 3 times? on garrosh to midwinter only getting one attempt in.

If midwinter had gone 3 tank dark shaman, both would have hit garrosh at similar times most likely and it would have been anyones call given both wiped it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    props to both raid teams. I feel like midwinter would of gave them a dead even race if they didnt go with that risky strat that would of worked, which it should of its just risky and that is all there is to it.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    No this was 90% decided by the tactic used. Midwinter actually did a smoother and faster sha kill, but because they risked the insane 2 tank tactic on dark shamans instead of just playing safe 3 tank like method, they lost. Both guilds oneshot malkorok and siegecrafter right after, following method wiping 3 times? on garrosh to midwinter only getting one attempt in.

If midwinter had gone 3 tank dark shaman, both would have hit garrosh at similar times most likely and it would have been anyones call given both wiped it.
    You also have to keep in mind that these races always are played on US PTR. Which means Method has to deal with 200-400 latency.

Not sure if lower latency would had changed the outcome, but it definitely lowers their overall dps.

You have to give props to Midwinter for even trying that risky strat on Dark Shamans. It's a pity that it didn't pay off though.

Apart from that (and Garrosh), MW's kills of the other bosses were as equally clean as Method's.