Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was quite a painful ass whooping.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothh View Post
    Apart from that (and Garrosh), MW's kills of the other bosses were as equally clean as Method's.
    I wouldn't go that far. As I recall Method's Siegecrafter kill was a lot smoother (despite using what most feel is a harder/inferior tactic).

But yeah, MW lost because of their tactic choice on Dark Shaman. If they had played it safe, they might or might not have taken it.

Deleted
    Method's Siegecrafter may be harder, but it's not inferior. It gives you more dps time on the boss since you have way less mines to deal with as Ion pointed out.

Method Siegecrafter = 7min 38sec
    Midwinter Siegecrafter = 8min 42sec
    Last edited by mmoc6312a2699d; 2013-11-11 at 11:43 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anuhk View Post
    Method's Siegecrafter may be harder, but it's not inferior. It gives you more dps time on the boss since you have way less mines to deal with as Ion pointed out.

Method Siegecrafter = 7min 38sec
    Midwinter Siegecrafter = 8min 42sec
    You make a good point, I hadn't realized there was such a big difference in boss dps.

The method strat still has them killing mines fairly often, as well as killing missile turrets regularly which is also a pretty significant DPS loss. I wouldn't read too much into kill times at a live race event, people do a lot less damage playing away from their home computers without all their addons etc. For instance, our last farm kill the week before Blizzcon we killed Blackfuse in 6:58, compared to 8:42 at the event, with the same comp.

Deleted
    Yes, but that goes the same for Method. They had the majority off their raiders playing 200+ latency, their killtime was alot slower aswell than usual.

Ion (lead encounter designer) even said in the race that their strategy allows them to do more boss damage.
    Last edited by mmoc6312a2699d; 2013-11-11 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted

Go to 21:02, to hear what Ion has to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by anuhk View Post
    Ion (lead encounter designer) even said in the race that their strategy allows them to do more boss damage.
    That was our assumption as well, but testing both strats didn't really back that up. Killing missile turrets requires a lot of movement and costs a lot of boss DPS. Pretty sure Method agree but stuck with the strat they were more familiar with as well, for what it's worth. I will say though that the no missiles strat requires a lot of effective tank cleave to be the fastest strat, so if you ever drop stacks or have a tank death it ends up costing you a lot of time, and all three common strats are fairly close.