View Poll Results: D3's Disintegrate

Voters
54. This poll is closed
  • We got Arcane Orb, why not?

17 31.48%
  • Thats a stupid question, of course its an awesome spell. Make it happen already.

44 81.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't like disintegrate even as a D3 spell, so would prolly not like it as a WoW spell either. Though I do like the Archon version of it as the Archon beam is a cone. But would say I would much rather have on the move instants for mages than rooting casts. We got enough root's to worry abt if they stick with T6 talents.

Other cool spells from wizards would prolly be explosive blast, magic missile(seeker), Hydra, Spectral blade(BATTLE MAGE ME WANT), wave of force, AE converted into Arcane torrent(death blossom, but just divided by targets stuff) and also D3 blizzard is 5 times better.

Also wouldn't it be sort of awesome to have Archon form as L90 option that buffs your spells sort of in a way that Avatar does for Warriors atm. Oh 1 can only hope..

Deleted
    You made a poll but didn't include the option to say no? Disintegrate doesn't fit the WoW combat IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyfo View Post
    Doubt it, WoW hasnt had this kind of skillshots.
    Cone of Cold, been in the game for 9 years, yo. Arcane Orb works pretty good, too. No reason they can't add more skillshots.

wouldn't work well in wow.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Also wouldn't it be sort of awesome to have Archon form as L90 option that buffs your spells sort of in a way that Avatar does for Warriors atm. Oh 1 can only hope..
    Since D3 I've always wondered why haven't they given us Archon, it's a mega awesome spell. As you said - in the place of some of the current lvl90 talents. Perma archon form might be a bit strange for most people, so something on a CD? The possibilities with a mage class are endless, I really hope they scrap the 90 tier :/

The closest way for it to resemble D3 Disintegrate would be to have a targeting reticle, which starts Mind Flay-like backwards channel, which damages everyone between you and the target area. It would be more comfortable to cast at a target, but it'll still end up rather clunky. I'd rather they added Archon form for Arcane. Glad they want to add an Arcane Orb/Meteor/Comet talent though. Some D3 goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    wouldn't work well in wow.
    Divine Star says hello.

I've seen the suggestion made on the official forums for this as well... I would love to be part of a groundswell that got this as a level 100 talent to be implemented instead of crapping crystal.

Abilities depending on how long you push down the button would be a nice new addition to wow. It could also be weird to play.

If we are talking D3 spells. Would love to summon a Hyrda that is modified depending on my spec.

Well, there are already cone attacks like demonic breath and dragon's breath that you have to aim by facing the direction you want it to hit. Disintegrate could be a narrow but 40yard long channeled "cone" that you have to aim by facing the right direction.

It is definitely possible, come to think of it hunter's barrage is kinda similar to what I am getting at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    If you want to play D3, then play D3
    They have already stated that they take a lot of ideas from each other (Diablo 3 and WoW dev teams that is). No reason why some sort of disintegrate type beam can't make it in as a arcane ability. Could even replace Arcane Orb.

Personally, I don't think it would work too well, too many issue to overcome. However I'd like to see arcane torrent (with cascade) from Diablo 3 as a Arcane AoE ability, maybe replacing explosion.
    Last edited by Zenny; 2013-11-13 at 01:11 PM.