Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is going to be THE expansion, I hated pandas and everything about it, but this?! RELEASEEEEEEEEEEE ALREADY PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Oh god I love it, especially the item squish!

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    I wish people would stop listing guilds like Paragon, Method, Envy when they talk about problems of recruiting/downsizing. Those guild have 200 people waiting at the door to join them, however they also make such a small part of raiders in this game it doesn't even matter.
    Yeah Paragon obviously had hundreds of people beating down their door which is why they had to downsize to 10 man right? It wasn't like they even blatantly said "we went to 10 man because the talent pool for quality Finnish speaking raiders wasn't large enough"

You can have a million people beating down your door to get recruited but if they're shit they're worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    i agree with ya on that. but i kinda liked mixing items and making my gear optimized thinking about what piece would be best for me next (like coining for a piece) sure we can all lookup a BiS list but u still have to progress ur gear in order to get tho those last boss BiS drops.
    Yep i really like taking a piece that is just ok and making it decent until i get something better. Like reforging crit to spirit or taking off the haste that you are way over cap on and giving yourself more mastery. Not a huge fan of it being removed.

I am sold, I am definitely playing the next expansion. Haters can leave, I know the TBC world, and I am glad so many directions are heading back where things are simpler, yet new challenges are in the raid, where it matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    "The new Normal will be as difficult as Flex is today.
    The new Heroic will be as difficult as Normal is today.
    The new Mythic will be as difficult was Heroic is today.
    All levels of difficulty except for Mythic will be cross real"

Someone wanna explain why the need for the change?? I don't get it. Do they not like the name "Flex Raid"?

Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    dumbing down clearly.

reforging theory crafting gone.
    mix matching hit/exp/dodge/parry gone
    more enchants but for less items with less types of stats? vanity enchants?

more epic's going to be handed out like candy.
    I think you really need to look at this in the context of developing the game and pushing out content. I think their goal is to cut down on the amount of time they have to spend balancing 1,000,000 variables to both create and tune new encounters. You're entitled to your opinion, but you can objectively argue that less fussing with tuning and gear tweaking = more time to create content and balance it. I don't think your gear theorycrafting experience is as important overall as those larger goals.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post

Someone wanna explain why the need for the change?? I don't get it. Do they not like the name "Flex Raid"?
    Because Normal and Heroic will be "Flexible" next expansion.

Deleted
    So at the beginning of MoP we had tons of dailies and in WoD we will have zero (or small amount of them) - they just can't find a a sweet spot. Just going from one extreme to the other.

Yes the amount of dailies, double gating valor gear and profession recipes was not great but I enjoyed 5.1 dailies and some of the 5.0 factions (The Anglers, The Tillers or Order of the Cloud Serpent ones) a lot. Shaohao reputation grind is horrible and I still don't have it. I hope that they will introduce few factions with optional/cosmetic awards only (mounts, pets or toys) that will require dailies. I might be old and boring but I do enjoy dailies and (reasonable) reputation grinds from time to time. I just feel that Timeless Isle like content gets old really fast (TI is dead on my high pop server already).

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    I wish people would stop listing guilds like Paragon, Method, Envy when they talk about problems of recruiting/downsizing. Those guild have 200 people waiting at the door to join them, however they also make such a small part of raiders in this game it doesn't even matter. What matters is the thousands 10 man guilds who still do heroic, not top of the top, but they still do it, have a challenge and have fun.

Thinking that connected realms will remedy the problem this 20 mythic mode brings, is a pipe dream. I'm on a locked realm right now doing pretty well and we can barely find a new recruit per month, and finding the right one that fits your raid team both personality wise and skill wise is super hard, now finding 10+ of those is like a nightmare. Merging guilds never works out and that's a fact.

Also a fun fact, why are they preaching how they want you to play more with friends, cause playing with them is fun, but at the same time take a big shit down 10s who really mostly consist of friends who have fun, enjoy the game and still do hard content. That's a Paradox right there.
    all this talka bout playing with friends made me think its weird that they made mythic non-crossrealm, when ur progressing throu 10to25 heroic with crossrealm friends, i will have to kick them and get new ppl from your realm for mythic, or u have to make your 10to25heroic progression consist of your own realm players right off the bat defeating the whole play with friends plan
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post

Because they backed themselves into a corner with so many raid difficulties and rather than remove LFR they decided they'd shit on actual raiders by fucking with the raid structure that actually matters. Mythic is the obvious easy out for them. Want to do the hardest content? Adapt or die.

Deleted
    I like most of this, although i'm a little sceptical about the whole Garrison thing.
    Does anyone know if Challenge mode dungeons will be back as we know them? With transmog set reward and all. All i heard was that they planned to make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jichi View Post
    So at the beginning of MoP we had tons of dailies and in WoD we will have zero (or small amount of them) - they just can't find a a sweet spot. Just going from one extreme to the other.

Yes the amount of dailies, double gating valor gear and profession recipes was not great but I enjoyed 5.1 dailies and some of the 5.0 factions (The Anglers, The Tillers or Order of the Cloud Serpent ones) a lot. Shaohao reputation grind is horrible and I still don't have it. I hope that they will introduce few factions with optional/cosmetic awards only (mounts, pets or toys) that will require dailies. I might be old and boring but I do enjoy dailies and (reasonable) reputation grinds from time to time. I just feel that Timeless Isle like content gets old really fast (TI is dead on my high pop server already).
    The point is to have something that accomplishes the same thing as daily's but is more fun.

I don't think your gear theorycrafting experience is as important overall as those larger goals.
    Well Theorycrafting is a big reason some people continue to play, myself included. May not be a major goal of there's, but its still taking away some peoples enjoyment.
    Say they took away pet battles cause balancing is hard, people would freak out for the same reasons.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2013-11-09 at 08:54 PM.

Was talking for years that they should get rid of hit, finally its going to happen.
    But no more reforging? Hope they wont gimp certain specs because drops being badly itemized for them.

Don't think I like the idea of the new stats stuff. Seems like it's going back to the resistance days where you have to carry around multiple sets of gear for different bosses.
    It'll make people feel like you need to have an Avoidance set for bosses that do lots of AoE, a cleave set for trash and bosses with lots of adds, a lifesteal set for tank and spank, a speed set for farming, etc...

Ugh.. Why bother with lfr then?
    LFR has always been a last resort entry to raiding. It was only needed so much due to Blizz's continual inability to implement an effective LFG tool. Hopefully they're finally going to get that right, if not LFR (and LFD) will remain what it is today.
    Last edited by Ecwfrk; 2013-11-09 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Widdlez View Post
    its like youtube comments at this point...
    MMO-C comments have always been a bit vile and idiotic. It's just a matter of when us sensible ones get tired of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    Hit and Expertise don't feel like a bonus, so they are now gone!
    Dodge and Parry, gone!
    Reforging, gone!

[...]

They have lowered the entry barrier and now even a 3-year-old baby can play this game.

So be it. Welcome to World Of DumbCraft (again).
    You think getting to the hit cap was difficult to figure out?

Exactly who are you trying to make sound dumb here?

Clearly Garrison Missions have been inspired by STO's Away Team system. It's a nice addition that will add more things to do in game .... kind of like an alternative/supplement to crafting.

I'm kind of confused with one thing regarding Garrisons. Can Guild members meet up at a players Garrison? Would be nice to hold guild meetings at the town hall for example.

It's a shame they are getting rid of reforging. I like stacking stats like haste/crit/etc on certain characters. Now are we going to see all the angst around the "Blinding Fast Staff of Antioch" not dropping for mages? Reforging got rid of a lot of that where you felt you NEEDED to camp a certain boss just for the preferred stats on items.