Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanidor View Post
    I'm kind of confused with one thing regarding Garrisons. Can Guild members meet up at a players Garrison? Would be nice to hold guild meetings at the town hall for example.
    Yes. You can invite party members to your Garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Because Normal and Heroic will be "Flexible" next expansion.
    and clearly Normal and Heroic will be weaker than they are currently. So todays "Normal" raiders will be "Heroic" raiders in WoD? So next question is: Will we still be required to clear "WoD Normal" before entering "WoD Heroic" even though it's supposed to be on par with current "Normal"? Cause that seems like a step back...requiring people to do weaker content in order to do content equivalent to what they are already clearing.

I knd of wished they'd have made Garrisons in the old world and something that was for all your characters on that server. They missed an opportunity to have shared storage for all alts.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hell yes sturdiness no durability loss thats gonna be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
    A little sad about no dailies (super minority lol)...as a reputation whore I'm curious if we'll simply have to resort to grinding kills for reps now.
    I never want another rep farm like the Shahao rep ever. again. I'm currently just over 2k rep into revered and I actually can't face the fact I have to spend 6+ more hours farming Yaungol to gain rep to get exalted. I just wish there was other things to actually do to gain rep, it's so pointless. & I like dailies as well tbh. I don't think there's anything wrong with dailies if they're done correctly like the Dominance Offensive storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanidor View Post
    I'm kind of confused with one thing regarding Garrisons. Can Guild members meet up at a players Garrison? Would be nice to hold guild meetings at the town hall for example.
    Yes. You can invite people to your Garrison.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Call me a sceptic, but i really don't buy the "few to no daily quests".
    Those are a big part of what keep people questing.

Looks like more cross pollination between Diablo 3 and WoW to me. Probably reduces the overall development costs on both.(edit: on the item news)

I really really really do not understand how followers completing things while you are offline is even considered an "addition" or "gameplay in an MMO. Makes absolutely zero sense, why even bother playing and further more this is Blizzard we are talking about, it will have an odious RNG element.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Yeah Paragon obviously had hundreds of people beating down their door which is why they had to downsize to 10 man right? It wasn't like they even blatantly said "we went to 10 man because the talent pool for quality Finnish speaking raiders wasn't large enough"

You can have a million people beating down your door to get recruited but if they're shit they're worthless.

They do, they are just not Fins. It's their preference not to take international members but stick to their own countrymen, yet I bet my left testicle that if they opened up to a broader audience they would have 50 applications in 10 minutes. They can filter through those and easily get 10 additional good players.

As said many other 10 man guilds who are not top of the top, but still do heroic content don't have that luxury and they fight for each member there is, and you don't get 50 applications in 10 minutes, but maybe 50 applications in 2 years of which 45 might not suit your guild.

Also as said, don't focus on top guilds, they don't matter in the big picture, they are poster raiders but they are a super small minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerChinchilla View Post
    I never want another rep farm like the Shahao rep ever. again. I'm currently just over 2k rep into revered and I actually can't face the fact I have to spend 6+ more hours farming Yaungol to gain rep to get exalted. I just wish there was other things to actually do to gain rep, it's so pointless. & I like dailies as well tbh. I don't think there's anything wrong with dailies if they're done correctly like the Dominance Offensive storyline.
    There is absolutely no reason to do Shaohao rep (past revered) unless you want the mount. It really doesn't take that long to get revered and if you don't need the freebie Burden of Eternity or the mount, there's no need to do any reputation farming for Shaohao. There aren't any patterns or anything of that sort from grinding the rep other than the mount and the freebie Burden of Eternity.

15+ Year Old Account
    For rep gaining there should be a variety. I like the grinding of mobs on Timeless isle for rep. But also, add items that can drop to turn in for repeatable rep bonus. Small amount of dailies is ok, and 1 or 2 weeklies like Timeless that give additional rep. Daily dungeon for rep like they added, and the commendations at revered helped. Combine all this into each new faction and it will give players more choice. I love reputations, and I don't mind it taking awhile, give us more choices on how we want to farm the rep and I'll be happy.

The new Normal will be as difficult as Flex is today.
    The new Heroic will be as difficult as Normal is today.
    The new Mythic will be as difficult was Heroic is today.
    So because Mythic is a set 20 players. Ten man guilds after they complete heroic (Which is just normal mode) have nothing left to do? If so, thats Pretty lame.

F**k that shit Blizzard... thx for ruining heroic raiding for 10 man groups...
    I don't care if you rename normal to heroic, it's no longer heroic and mythic is shit with 20 man only!

Nothing about professions, except the note about a change in how we gem and enchant.

I'm just dead curious to see if they're planning on fixing leveling to be like Inscription or Cooking, and any other systems changes.

Wow, so there are really no plans for new Race or Class.
    Hmmm, other than the graphic updates on the races, this really does feel like a major patch now instead of an expansion.

one size "heroic" difficulty really allows for better balancing and the class homogenization will probably go away for the most part. The only reason classes were becoming similar is because 10 man heroic raiding needed every buff and wanted to min/max just like any other 25 man guild. I think 20 man is a sweet spot, 25 have to drop 5 (let's be honest there is always someone you carry in a 25 man)....10 man have to just recruit another 10 or merge with a respectable 10 man guild. I personally like this because if you merge you can still do heroic together then move towards Mythic as a well organized and prepared team.

One difficulty for Mythic makes things MUCH better in terms of encounter design, it is going back to the way it used to be and personally I welcome this change.

For the record, I am a 10 man heroic raider.

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    Here we go, prepare your jimmies
    Jimmies are prepared and dongers are raised. ALL SYSTEMS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    Wow, so there are really no plans for new Race or Class.
    Hmmm, other than the graphic updates on the races, this really does feel like a major patch now instead of an expansion.
    Completely new world with 7 new zones, 10 more levels with another tier of talents, new dungeons, and a completely different feel/lore. How does that not feel like an expansion? They have more than enough classes as they just added one last expansion and how do you expect them to do all the work involved in a new race when they're completely revamping ALL of the vanilla and BC races?

Quote Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
    Looks like more cross pollination between Diablo 3 and WoW to me. Probably reduces the overall development costs on both.(edit: on the item news)

I really really really do not understand how followers completing things while you are offline is even considered an "addition" or "gameplay in an MMO. Makes absolutely zero sense, why even bother playing and further more this is Blizzard we are talking about, it will have an odious RNG element.
    Actually, this doesn't look like an original concept. This looks very similar to what Cryptic does in a lot of their MMOs such as Neverwinter or STO. Basically look at Neverwinter's "crafting" system or the system in STO where you can send crewmembers on missions. It looks like the same concept, just Blizz is adapting it into WoW. Like most of the new changes I've seen since I've started playing this game, I will reserve judgement until I see it in action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow! Those itemization changes... omg.. awesome