Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    What is THIS?!? Seriously? Why will become this game more easier? For the skilless LFR heroes who can't learn a character? Who crying for Vanilla and BC, go and freez a character at lvl 60 or 70. It is possible at the Experience Eliminator. BUT I love my HP, I love my DPS, I love these stats and reforging, I love this gamestile since Cataclysm. The Mythic difficulty is ok BUT 20 man ONLY? C'mon... This game will turn bullshit and I won't pay for shit... Please Blizz don't do this with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaros View Post
    As long as the chance of getting epics from that are (VERY) low, then I'd be OK with this. No epics from this would be a plus, but I'm sure that's far outside the realm of possibility, tho.

Off-topic, is there any word on whether heroic 5-mans in this coming xpac will require a zone-in, as few as they are?
    Just to put this ´new system´ in context. Do you realize that leveling in MoP it was very easy to get epics becore level 90? in fact, there was a lizard guy in Jade Forest that dropped an epic BOE Crossbow and he respawned about every 30 minutes.

Don´t be scared by the word ´epic´..

I understand the concept of not having loot for each difficulty. But, my argument is back in LF we had 2 lockouts, and 2 chances at gear. I always had something to do. Ever since that was removed, having one lockout across the board was boring, I had almost nothing to do. Now with this I can run every difficulty as much as I want but only get gear from the 1st kill of the week? Mixed emotions about it.

It's nice to hear that they are finally giving up the whole daily quests idea as 80% of the non raiding content of the game, at the same time it is sad that the decision to do so came 3 years after dailies had worn out their welcome. I like some of the big changes, no endless dailies, stat squish finally (I remember the first month of cata when i got my first crit for 150k and how overinflated and dumb it felt), housing finally, but i still don't see myself rejoining at this point. Once i cut ties to something, i unfortunately don't go back; The only miracle that might get me is if a bunch of my old raiding guild from BC & WOTLK wanted to come back and make a good 20 man raiding guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    Slight bit of a shame that reforging is dropped entirely. I liked the reforging system in general, the only big (and I mean freaking huge) problem was how it interacted with hit/exp.

Also hope they partly reverse the daily quest decision, as they got the balance right in 5.1 and were only a little heavy in 5.2, as far as numbers of 'relevant' dailies went. It really was only the plain 5.0 content (and somewhat Molten Front before it) that were too heavy on dailies.
    And not even the 5.0 dailies. It was mostly just Golden Lotus that was terrible. I enjoyed AC and Klaxxi as well as the serpents, cooking and fishing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    Hit and Expertise don't feel like a bonus, so they are now gone!
    Dodge and Parry, gone!
    Reforging, gone!

[...]

They have lowered the entry barrier and now even a 3-year-old baby can play this game.

So be it. Welcome to World Of DumbCraft (again).
    Only a fairly dumb person would think that the current ´hit/expertise´ system is challenging or makes the game hard. For those of us with a bit of intelligence, it was just an annoyance.

But I get it, I guess there are adults who find those little ´find the object´ magazine games in the doctor´s office waiting rooms to be challenging also.

I got a kick out of them saying "We're removing dodge, and adding things like Lifesteal" - but the example loot piece for Lifesteal shows +77 DODGE and +77 Lifesteal. Clearly just an oops, but it made me giggle.

Now to the important thing - the question that MUST be asked. If reforging is gone, who's is gonna replace the Reforge-npc on my Mammoth and Yak?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Yeah Paragon obviously had hundreds of people beating down their door which is why they had to downsize to 10 man right? It wasn't like they even blatantly said "we went to 10 man because the talent pool for quality Finnish speaking raiders wasn't large enough"

You can have a million people beating down your door to get recruited but if they're shit they're worthless.
    Finnish speaking people who are willing to spend 60+ hours per week for a few weeks every time a new tier is released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    The point is to have something that accomplishes the same thing as daily's but is more fun.
    But what? I would greatly prefer the 5.1, 5.2 and even most of the 5.0 dailies (besides golden lotus) to grinding mobs on timeless island for emperor rep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lichbane View Post
    Clearly Garrison Missions have been inspired by STO's Away Team system. It's a nice addition that will add more things to do in game .... kind of like an alternative/supplement to crafting.
    There are dozens of online games that have similar things. The problem I may have with it is that it adds very little gameplay. Ok, you go into the screen, select 5 followers, send them on a mission to do a dungeon. Log back on in a week and get your reward. It is a neat little addition, but doesn´t have a lot of gameplay involved with it because you don´t actually see your followers do the dungeon or control them in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KillerChinchilla View Post
    I never want another rep farm like the Shahao rep ever. again. I'm currently just over 2k rep into revered and I actually can't face the fact I have to spend 6+ more hours farming Yaungol to gain rep to get exalted. I just wish there was other things to actually do to gain rep, it's so pointless. & I like dailies as well tbh. I don't think there's anything wrong with dailies if they're done correctly like the Dominance Offensive storyline.
    I quit once I hit revered. I will go back at lvl 100 and faceroll the mobs for the mount. You can save yourself a lot of boredom if you have patience to get the ´exalted´ vanity rewards an expansion late.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    one size "heroic" difficulty really allows for better balancing and the class homogenization will probably go away for the most part. The only reason classes were becoming similar is because 10 man heroic raiding needed every buff and wanted to min/max just like any other 25 man guild. I think 20 man is a sweet spot, 25 have to drop 5 (let's be honest there is always someone you carry in a 25 man)....10 man have to just recruit another 10 or merge with a respectable 10 man guild. I personally like this because if you merge you can still do heroic together then move towards Mythic as a well organized and prepared team.

One difficulty for Mythic makes things MUCH better in terms of encounter design, it is going back to the way it used to be and personally I welcome this change.

For the record, I am a 10 man heroic raider.
    And for the record.. before this begins.. All of the sever connections should be done, which should make recruiting a 20 man raid group much easier.

i might reconsider this game after 3 year pause

Stoked to see reforging getting the boot (such an unnecessary step in gearing). Also, very glad to see lifesteal, cleave, etc. being added in - fresh air!

Deleted
    I guess a lot of people will be mad that the game "becomes much easier", but honestly, most of the itemization stuff wasn't really up to the players choice anyway since there were some caps that one had to hit for optimal performance - and calculators like MrRobot told everyone what they needed to do anyway. So it was just additional work after every new item, like mindlessly reforging everything again - neither challenging nor entertaining. I'm quite glad that they will cut a lot of it and make the system less bloated.

Inb4 lifesteal farm for pvp, heroic mode, etc.... Lifesteal tends to have the side-effect of being too damn powerful in almost any game I played with lifesteal in it - stuff like Avoidance won't even compare to a stat like lifesteal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeza View Post
    I guess a lot of people will be mad that the game "becomes much easier", but honestly, most of the itemization stuff wasn't really up to the players choice anyway since there were some caps that one had to hit for optimal performance - and calculators like MrRobot told everyone what they needed to do anyway. So it was just additional work after every new item, like mindlessly reforging everything again - neither challenging nor entertaining. I'm quite glad that they will cut a lot of it and make the system less bloated.
    Well said, I was under the impression that the game was getting easier in terms of itemization until I thought it's just another chore to get the right stats and all.

The loss of Dodge and Parry though...

So back to loot drama for Flex? *sigh*
    Suppose that solidifies that WoW is no longer for me... became too much drama and this merely adds to it.. for what? To gear up the main teams? Sweet....

Can anyone confirm details about the new looting system for me (or point me in the direction of answers)?

The stats on armor will now change based on your spec. Plate drops and it will have whatever stats your class needs, no more Intellect plate! No more PvP Priest Healing set and PvP Priest DPS set, just a Priest set.
    Does this only apply to picking up items? Or will it change dynamically? I really dont like that they used a priest in this example... Why not a hybrid class example? Aka: A leather helm will be int/stam/spirit if your resto and will dynamically change to agi/stam/crit when you respec feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Only a fairly dumb person would think that the current ´hit/expertise´ system is challenging or makes the game hard. For those of us with a bit of intelligence, it was just an annoyance.

But I get it, I guess there are adults who find those little ´find the object´ magazine games in the doctor´s office waiting rooms to be challenging also.
    Well you know... getting ReforgeLite (or w/e) and pressing Reforge was a huge quest that had the attunement of getting a browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Well you know... getting ReforgeLite (or w/e) and pressing Reforge was a huge quest that had the attunement of getting a browser.
    I hear in order to get the browser attunement, you first had to run heroic Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    And not even the 5.0 dailies. It was mostly just Golden Lotus that was terrible. I enjoyed AC and Klaxxi as well as the serpents, cooking and fishing.
    I really didn't even mind Golden Lotus. Any of them in a vacuum were decent, but the problem was the "Gotta do everything to be optimal." (overemphasized by VP gating, epic rewards at exalted for two factions, etc.). That's largely why I singled out 5.1/5.2 as better, because there was only one daily hub per patch and they weren't too long (except 5.2 when the entire island was open -- it was a few dailies too long for doing every day).

Though they did rather suck if you were still working on any of the 5.0 ones, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic you can only do once a week as it has a Static ID, the rest only have a loot lockout.

Anyone know what panel this was from?

So basically there is no longer any difference in loot stats except for item level and appearance (which the latter can be transmogrified)? I really wish they would just remove the whole stat system all together. It's outdated and dumb since you cant have players make decisions about anything anymore because the average player doesn't even understand he has been asked a question. He is just curious about the silly fire on the ground and the EPIC loot he will be rewarded in the end for his "accomplishment".