Thread: No 5.5

Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    No 5.5

    In the Dev QA, apparently it was stated there would be NO 5.5 patch. We're done with MoP.

    I'm a fan of the expansion so far, but is this a big mistake? Unless WoD comes out FAST, there's no way this ends well I don't think

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Abstieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,857
    We knew there wouldn't be another raid. Doesn't mean we won't have 6.0.1 or whatever it is that is the pre-expansion event. That could honestly happen fairly well before the expansion releases.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    We knew there wouldn't be another raid. Doesn't mean we won't have 6.0.1 or whatever it is that is the pre-expansion event. That could honestly happen fairly well before the expansion releases.
    Yeah, I knew there would be no raid, but people were thinking of a 5.5 trial of Garrosh patch. Apparently not even that

  4. #4
    Brewmaster Zerkked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,465
    Hmm then that almost makes me bump up the release date to like Feb-March,
    I expect a beta soon too. I hope we get a release date today. Do we normally get release dates from Blizzcon? This is my first one.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    Hmm then that almost makes me bump up the release date to like Feb-March,
    I expect a beta soon too. I hope we get a release date today. Do we normally get release dates from Blizzcon? This is my first one.
    No release dates at BlizzCon. But that's the only silver lining of this: there's no 5.5 because WoD is coming really soon

  6. #6
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,243
    if theres going to be no more content, they better hurry up with WoD or were running into ICC all over again, will be surprised if blizzard allows this to happen a 3rd time.
    Too cool for a signature

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    if theres going to be no more content, they better hurry up with WoD or were running into ICC all over again, will be surprised if blizzard allows this to happen a 3rd time.
    Definitely. I'm really surprised, they know ICC and DS were bad for players, why would they have that long stretch of no content again?

  8. #8
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,243
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Definitely. I'm really surprised, they know ICC and DS were bad for players, why would they have that long stretch of no content again?
    well, they pumped out content pretty fast in MoP, maybe too fast.
    Too cool for a signature

  9. #9
    Brewmaster Zerkked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,465
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    No release dates at BlizzCon. But that's the only silver lining of this: there's no 5.5 because WoD is coming really soon
    Must be true. I believe I heard that humans and Night Elves wouldn't be getting model updates until an early 6.1 patch or so. This seemed strange to me because they had another 5 months to push more effort into char models. WoD might be coming sooner than I expect. Hmm.

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,155
    well its a problem now that there is nothing left to do...and wait for Xpac for a year or something like that way to much...hope it releases sooner

  11. #11
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,243
    i think spring 2014 is when they need to get it out, April preferably.
    Too cool for a signature

  12. #12
    I'd guess Beta is after or around Christmas (First wave) and then we get the game around MoP's time .... August/September

  13. #13
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,982
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    if theres going to be no more content, they better hurry up with WoD or were running into ICC all over again, will be surprised if blizzard allows this to happen a 3rd time.
    first, considering it keeps happening why are you surprised.

    Second, I know its new, but jesus, the new gnome face of the updated model is scary as shit.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    No release dates at BlizzCon. But that's the only silver lining of this: there's no 5.5 because WoD is coming really soon
    I hope so too, but in all honesty this expansion didn't look even close to being finished. Only a few zones are done, battleground aren't complete, models aren't complete for npcs or players, etc.....

    I wouldn't be surprised if the expansion didn't come out until next fall... which would really really suck..

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Second, I know its new, but jesus, the new gnome face of the updated model is scary as shit.
    You said it.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Existenz99 View Post
    I hope so too, but in all honesty this expansion didn't look even close to being finished. Only a few zones are done, battleground aren't complete, models aren't complete for npcs or players, etc.....

    I wouldn't be surprised if the expansion didn't come out until next fall... which would really really suck..
    I wouldn't go off the models, they're tiering those releases and some of them are coming out in the patches

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Definitely. I'm really surprised, they know ICC and DS were bad for players, why would they have that long stretch of no content again?
    I just don't think they can (or perhaps are willing to) work hard enough to get it out before summer or fall. Honestly the state of the things they showed so far is... quite rough. They have a ton of work to do still. I don't see how they could possibly be ready for release in April. Not only are the areas and art and models less than halfway done, but most of the questions people asked about story were met with "We don't know yet" or "we haven't thought about it yet".

    Frankly given that they moved all the old Wow devs that went to Titan back to WoW almost six months ago, I would have expected this to be further along than it is.

    Sadly I do think we will end up with 9-12 months of SoO. The Q4 '13, Q1 '14 and Q2 '14 sub numbers are going to be a bloodbath. They even warned about this in the Q3 earnings - they said not to expect WoW to look good 4th quarter.

    I mean, I don't know about you guys, but I have just about exhausted Flex (on two toons, no less) - the only thing I have left to do is farm Garrosh for the heirloom weapons. I could go try to find a guild and run Heroics of the same fights, but I'm not feeling motivated to do that. I feel sure I'll take a break after I get the heirlooms. Unless there's a year pass with the enchanted fae dragon or something I really want attached, I'm sure I'll unsub for awhile.

  18. #18
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

    Second, I know its new, but jesus, the new gnome face of the updated model is scary as shit.

    its fucking incredible is what it is! gnomes are so adorable!

    even though she looks angry, you still want to just pat it on the head. its like when a new puppy tries biting you when it has no teeth, you should stop it, but you can't help but laugh.
    Too cool for a signature

  19. #19
    Herald of the Titans Abstieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,857
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    I wouldn't go off the models, they're tiering those releases and some of them are coming out in the patches
    They said they don't know how they plan on doing the models yet.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    first, considering it keeps happening why are you surprised.

    Second, I know its new, but jesus, the new gnome face of the updated model is scary as shit.
    I think they look adorable and more gnomish. Its all a matter of opinion though, don't go raging around the forums like a crazed monkey because you didn't have the perfect models.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •