Thread: No 5.5

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    I hope they release them all at once, I want to play an updated night elf. And I'm curious how they will change up the Draenei.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think MoP sucked (Even though I unsubscribed back in 5.1) I just didn't enjoy the lore or setting. WoD will have a waaaaay better setting so I'm excited.
    Draenei and Blood Elves aren't a priority because they're good looking compared to vanilla races. We may not even get all the vanilla races out before the release and they won't start working on TBC races untill after that.
    If, if, Blizzard does the story right, Warlords of Draenor has the potential to be the best expansion story-wise we've ever had.

I run an RP guild on Wrymrest Accord. One of the concerns is how much longer Orgrimmar is gonna look like it's under Garrosh's control. 5.5 was gonna be the point at which we could say we go back into Orgrimmar without too great a suspension of disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    During the interview, Chilton basically said that everyone is working on WoD. He said if they pulled people off to work on 5.5, that would just delay the expansion itself.
    Ah so with the excuses it comes down to same shit different day.

Honestly if WoD takes a while they will want to 5.5, doesnt even have to be a raid. Just some type of pre WoD stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    Good. The less MoP content the better. This expansion has sucked total ass.

Bring on WoD.
    Wow, I wonder what they need to make to please you. Let me guess... pvper?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Existenz99 View Post
    I hope so too, but in all honesty this expansion didn't look even close to being finished. Only a few zones are done, battleground aren't complete, models aren't complete for npcs or players, etc.....

I wouldn't be surprised if the expansion didn't come out until next fall... which would really really suck..
    They have Shadowmoon Valley and Frostfire Ridge done, and they also had in-game screenshots from Telador, Gorgrond AND the new pvp zone AND one of the dungeons, so those are clearly well on their way too. Have they ever had five zones and a dungeon up and running by BlizzCon?

I'm cautiously optimistic at the moment
    Last edited by Apology; 2013-11-09 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SquishySquirrel View Post
    Draenei and Blood Elves aren't a priority because they're good looking compared to vanilla races. We may not even get all the vanilla races out before the release and they won't start working on TBC races untill after that.
    To clarify:

What was said was that once they get the first eight, they will do the next two. They will then take a step back and decide if Goblin/Worgen deserve a second look.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    Cataclysm annoucned on august 21 2009, released on december 7, 2010.
    MoP announced on october 21 2011, released on september 25 2012. Do the math. You subbers have about one more year to endure until you get new content. Have fun.

I always play a month then come off for a month etc. and if there isn't a 5.5, December 25th - January 24th/25th whatever will be my last month before WoD is released because I'll be bored of 5.4 come January tbqh...
    Last edited by KillerChinchilla; 2013-11-10 at 12:06 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless a beta for WoD is announced by Thanksgiving, you can kiss goodbye a Spring 2014 release date for the expansion. Blizz took 9 months after MoP was announced for it to be released. Expect a similar time-frame here.

There will be no patch 5.5 BUT they did say we will probably experience the item squish and some type of "death knight intro journey" before the expansion is released. They still have to show Garrosh's escape from trial and him meeting with his friend. This will happen BEFORE we get the expansion.That right there is our unofficial patch 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    There will be no patch 5.5 BUT they did say we will probably experience the item squish and some type of "death knight intro journey" before the expansion is released. They still have to show Garrosh's escape from trial and him meeting with his friend. This will happen BEFORE we get the expansion.That right there is our unofficial patch 5.5
    No they said that Garrosh's escape will be covered in a lore book. Going through the red dark portal to hang out in our starting areas will be the pre launch event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god I really hope I won't relive Dragon Soul patch's duration all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Styx1992 View Post
    I'd guess Beta is after or around Christmas (First wave) and then we get the game around MoP's time .... August/September
    yeah. . .no. . . Good try though!

I think we underestimate the synergy that Blizzard can produce content. The question becomes: is this content "good" enough.

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    In the Dev QA, apparently it was stated there would be NO 5.5 patch. We're done with MoP.

I'm a fan of the expansion so far, but is this a big mistake? Unless WoD comes out FAST, there's no way this ends well I don't think
    not true. i watched the whole thing they never mentioned a 5.5

- - - Updated - - -

they are already working on the bc races. watch the trailer, the female draenei clearly has had some work done on her and so has the male draenei slightly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    exactly. which is what they said before, were definitely getting another patch with some side content, they just hadnt decided whether they will have it be called 5.5 or 6.0

either way were still getting a 5.5 whether or not they call it that
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Yeah, I knew there would be no raid, but people were thinking of a 5.5 trial of Garrosh patch. Apparently not even that
    My guess is the trial is in the patch 6.0 that has the Pre-WoD event in it. I really hope this means that WoD will be released sooner than later because I still do not think we have 6 months + left on 5.4

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's absolutely adorable, I just want to pinch her cheeks
    I wanna take her out for dinner. I love short chicks.

It's pretty obvious we will get the expansion earlier than previous expansions, and it's possible they do a launch event that's decent enough to hold people for two months or so.

Like they said, if they spend 4 months making 5.5, it means the expansion will be pushed back 4 months, they want WoD out a.s.a.p, and so does everyone else.

It does nothing good for them by dragging any of it out, if they can release things sooner, you can bet your ass they will.

Especially when the pre-launch should/will be:

Re-opening of dark portal - ton of stuff they can do with this - Questline, dailies etc
    Garrosh's trial - Epic quest?
    Etc

So, we have more than just one thing for a pre-event.

they also confirmed that 5.9 would bring the stat squish. So clearly there is still at least one patch coming out before the 6.0 xpac prepatch event.

That's a shame. Was looking forward to a potential event where we'd reclaim Gilneas; Varian certainly seemed to imply that was an Alliance priority in his post-Garrosh-death dialogue.

If it means we get WoD all the quicker however, then I can live with it.