Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why so many people think the 20-man Mythic difficulty is going to do anything to WoW's subscriber numbers. Even if all heroic raiders quit tomorrow it would barely make a dent and would be more than compensated by the influx of older players wanting to try out the new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriana View Post
    They should have told us about such change way before the last content patch. 5.0 would be the perfect time to say that in 6.0 you wan't be able to raid in 10m format. It looks like they just don't realize how hard it is for 10m guilds to convert to a 20m guild.
    You've got months. Start now. Paragon put up a notice on their web site this morning that they're recruiting. That's how you do it. Don't wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    I hate the idea of Mythic, it ruins 10 man heroic guilds, and pisses some people off in 25 man guilds cause they will have to drop 5 people, it harms everyone, may it 10/25 player.
    Most 25-man guilds won't be 'forced' to drop anyone. People will leave on their own. It happens to most guilds at the end of an expansion. Guaranteed: most the guild leaders complaining about having to drop people will be recruiting for WoD before it launches.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You've got months. Start now. Paragon put up a notice on their web site this morning that they're recruiting. That's how you do it. Don't wait.
    And for people that only raid a couple of times a week and haven't cleared the content yet, what do you suggest? Do we try to ramp up to say 17-18 players and sit half of our roster every week? Do we make a 10 man "A" team and a "B" team with the perceived slight that being in the "B" team holds? Do we (lol) go all the way up to 25 people on our dead server?

Paragons name can attract people they have the content on farm. For 99% of other guilds, recruiting now is just completely impractical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    I don't understand why so many people think the 20-man Mythic difficulty is going to do anything to WoW's subscriber numbers. Even if all heroic raiders quit tomorrow it would barely make a dent and would be more than compensated by the influx of older players wanting to try out the new expansion.
    why would there be more of them now than in MoP and why would they stay this time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    This will succeed like the pentions and such as the 40 to 25 man change and the 10/25 man raids being the same, rather then completely two different raids.
    This
    I wont be suprised if in next expansion 25 and 10 just go in history and 20 man takes their place also 10 man dint have place for current and for the incoming new classes which i`m prety sure that we will have in folowing expansions. And most important you cant stack 3 OP class and rush everything, you will need more of them in 20 man which automaticly will lead to proper nerfs on these classes

Quote Originally Posted by Xiun View Post
    So a lot of people don't like the new style of 20 man mythic. We're all trying to find alternatives to this.

The only way to stop 20 man mythic is to stop comparing 10 and 25 man raiding as if they were the same thing

10 man does not equal 25 man. Nor is one better than the other.

Neither are harder than the other, neither are easier.

Heroic is hard content no matter the number of people you have.

Some bosses are "easier" on 10 or 25, some are harder, that's just how it is.

If you want to not have 20 man Mythic, the only way to change that is, as a community, stop the stupid hate between the two difficulties and just accept them as two different entities. Stop that, and blizzard might not see the need to squish it together.
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 21h

@Michael_C_Alves @dj_setch 10 has often been easier than 25 IMO.

Should have been 20 man all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Coavinses View Post
    Tuning was fine between the two this expac. Was it harder at certain points in 10 or 25? Yeah sure. But tuning for the most part was fine. They've spent more time nerfing the ever loving shit out of LFR than turning normal or HC modes this expac. So I have no idea why people are believing this BS,
    No, it wasn't fine. From my experience the only people who think it's "fine" only ran one version of the raid; if you ran both of them (especially when they were current) it's very apparent that they weren't "fine" when many of the bosses clearly favored one version to the other.

So a lot of people don't like the new style of 20 man mythic. We're all trying to find alternatives to this.

The only way to stop 20 man mythic is to stop comparing 10 and 25 man raiding as if they were the same thing

If you want to not have 20 man Mythic, the only way to change that is, as a community, stop the stupid hate between the two difficulties and just accept them as two different entities. Stop that, and blizzard might not see the need to squish it together.
    I don't know how many times Blizzard has to keep telling that balancing 10 and 25 was a nightmare and they couldn't come up with interesting mechanics to fights because they wouldn't work well in one difficulty or the other. A single, unified 20m raid size is good for the game and will give a new lease of life to the raiding game that has been bleeding 25m raiding guilds since Cataclysm.

Deleted

Threads like that are a waste of time, they will not undo such huge change and it was highlighted multiple times. They said over and over, it was not a easy MADE decision so I think any sort of discussions like that are a time waste, instead suggest tools that can make the change easier.

Deleted
    Its happening, deal with it (harsh but true) If people spent the same effort into recruiting as they do moaning about the change on forums then you would be someway towards coming up with a working solution for yourselves. I already see trade messages on my servers from 10mans looking for members ready for mythic in 6.0. I know merging is never easy from experience, but right now you could merge with another 10 and run 2 completely separate 10 man teams from the same guild, maintaining the 2 groups and slowly integrate into 1 team over the coming months.