Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Shadow: +2 Shadow orb banking.

Yup, there it is

It is? Is this something that was unveiled on a blizzcon stream (I'm not watching), or?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Yes. It will be one of the passive boni you get when leveling from 90 to 100.

Another one mentioned was a -15s Chakra cooldown.

While I am glad they did it, "banking" may just feel awkward. Just having 5 orb slots might have been easier then having two stacks of shadow orbs "banked" on the buff ui. Or however they show it. I'd like to see how it feels, I may be just nitpicking. Maybe its just class differentation.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2013-11-09 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    While I am glad they did it, "banking" may feel awkward. Just having 5 orb slots might have been easier then having two stacks of shadow orb "banked" on the buff ui. Or however they show it.
    It's "banking" because abilities use up to 3 shadow orbs, much a la holy power.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yay!

I'm so glad they listened to that, especcially with Auspicious Spirits being proposed (though I think what goes live will be a different beast anyways).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Can someone explain 'banking' to me? Can we save 2 orbs for a pull.. is that it?

It means you hold a maximum of 5 orbs but use 3 at the most.

Banking means you have a total of 5 Shadow Orbs but the maximum that can be used for spells is still 3. It just lets you save up 2 extra Shadow Orbs for whatever reason.
    Hi Sephurik

Right, with new stat's like multistrike, and new talents like Clarity of Power (makes mastery apply to all shadow direct damage spells) you can potentially spawn up to 3 orbs with one MB or SWD. Then there's Auspicious Shadows which makes all your SAs grant a shadow orb... and again, add in multistrike, and you can possibly generate 3 orbs in a gcd. Having the 2 to bank will make sure you have time to actually use orbs before you generate excess. (at least on single target dps)

I'm just going to copy paste this from h2p

Quote Originally Posted by Drye
    So I talked to a few different devs and gave my opinion in shadow and what I like what u dislike and what I would like to see happen.

One of the things we talked about were shadow orbs. Shadow orbs will now stack up to 5. You have the ability "bank" 2 orbs. Which means DP will cap out at using three orbs.

They want to go back to have mb/swd being big hitters while our dots/mf will be actual fillers. I'm really pumped for 6.0. after talking to the devs I'm fairly content on how they are taking shadow.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Interesting

Anything else about what excited you, that you can share?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Yup, there it is
    Woooo. I'm going to have to give Shadow another look when this expansion rolls around.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

Sounds pretty OP in a pvp settings.

DP+silence + partners cc + next MB/SA proc > DP again.

anything for shadow orb regeneration, or are we still needing to MB/Death for orbs?

There's no new plan to change the way orb generation works.

They said they "liked the feel". I didn't ask anything from a pvp pov because no one should be shadow in pvp as it stands.

They said all of the talents have changed a decent amount, they couldn't go into detail. They need to find a way to make then work with lvl 100 talents. Because right now they don't really.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

A buff is a buff I guess, thanks =)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice stuff, looking forward to see what we will get in those 10 levels as off bonus!
    Thanks Drye!

I didn't ask anything from a pvp pov because no one should be shadow in pvp as it stands.
    Someone should've told poor Zunniyaki. It was "train the shadow priest" all the way until they forced him to switch. Made it to the finals though.
    I didn't expect Talbadar to go ele either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    I didn't expect Talbadar to go ele either.
    He rerolled some time ago.
    <inactive>