Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    shadow orbs capping out at 5 is great, are you okay? Why complain over a great QoL change, I dont get it.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Now just dont remove DoT Snapshotting and i love you. !

Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    Now just dont remove DoT Snapshotting and i love you. !
    I'm SO glad that's gone, if indeed that was the cause of our low DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    I'm SO glad that's gone, if indeed that was the cause of our low DPS.
    Affli Lock, your argument is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Affli Lock, your argument is invalid.
    It's the flip side of the same coin; it just proves how difficult they are finding balancing the DoT classes.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's the flip side of the same coin; it just proves how difficult they are finding balancing the DoT classes.
    I don't want to be an oversimplified facerolling class DoTs are fun to me precisely because they are often balanced around an average player, whose performance I can exceed with knowledge, forethought, and awareness. The fun of DoT classes is the potential to do more if you are willing to know how and to put in the extra effort - by contrast Arcane Mages are boring because their rotation is their rotation and there is little to really know about it or improve upon.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Honestly, I almost never refresh dots unless their is a significant amount of buffs. The trade off isn't as big as you think. Killee has been working non stop for the last two weeks to try top get a better code in SimC and the highest dps he's gotten is 1.5% which is nothing. Taking away dot snap shots isn't really taking away from the skill cap. TBH the only real "skill cap" about refreshing dots is holding DP to a perfect point before needing to cast MB again so that you get the max dps out of it. This change effects warlocks more than us, their dots do significantly more dmg. If anything this is a nice change for us(adding pandemic), what hurts us is haste breakpoints no longer existing. Which hurts all dot classes, they'll buff something to compensate i'm sure. But we did a dps check in the 5 man. And I killed my add 30% faster then the warlock in our 5 man. The numbers obviously dont mean much, since everything will get changed many times till live. But, I'm very much so looking towards 6.0

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

I didn't get a chance to run the dungeon, but I as well am looking forward to 6.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I don't want to be an oversimplified facerolling class DoTs are fun to me precisely because they are often balanced around an average player, whose performance I can exceed with knowledge, forethought, and awareness. The fun of DoT classes is the potential to do more if you are willing to know how and to put in the extra effort
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Honestly, I almost never refresh dots unless their is a significant amount of buffs. The trade off isn't as big as you think. Killee has been working non stop for the last two weeks to try top get a better code in SimC and the highest dps he's gotten is 1.5% which is nothing.
    All that we've posted is Patchwerk results, but if you plug our actionlist (even in its unfinished state atm) into other fight styles, where dots are a bigger % of your damage, the increase becomes even more significant. A few % is the same as a couple upgrades in gear. I like being able to do that, since my gear is typically a bit behind that of the more hardcore players.

Anyway, having a max of 5 orbs available is going to be awesome. I'm really excited about to see how this will play into the new final tier of talents, too. It should be a very fun xpac for shadow!

As much as you guys think the dot snapshotting is simplifying the class... think about it. Now instead of casting your dots when a proc goes off... now you have to think ahead. You want to make sure a dot refresh doesn't happen during a buff/proc... otherwise the dps loss will occur if you happen to miss a tick. SWP you might want to always make sure you refresh during a proc to get a little extra damage from the instant damage.

Otherwise for on-use procs... you'd want to make sure VT/SWP are up, then probably pop the cd,DP, and then go into SW:I.

The skill now isn't having a macro set up for proc use. Its about thinking ahead to when a proc will/can happen.

If anything, it might be a bit more complex, especially with random procs.
    Last edited by Blackmorgrim; 2013-11-13 at 01:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    As much as you guys think the dot snapshotting is simplifying the class... think about it. Now instead of casting your dots when a proc goes off... now you have to think ahead. You want to make sure a dot refresh doesn't happen during a buff/proc... otherwise the dps loss will occur if you happen to miss a tick. SWP you might want to always make sure you refresh during a proc to get a little extra damage from the instant damage.
    That's a good point, I'm sure we'll make up new things to obsess about

Just so long as the spec has enough things for me to fuss over I'll be happy

It'd be cool if they were a lil more creative than just tossing us the paladin system.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    It'd be cool if they were a lil more creative than just tossing us the paladin system.
    The thing is, they already gave it to us with Shadow Orbs - but they only gave us one finishing move, and gave us the same problem they originally gave to paladins and then later had to remedy once they realized it didn't work (3 Holy Power cap). So the system was already copied from the Paladin system, but ours was way worse than theirs ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    . So the system was already copied from the Paladin system, but ours was way worse than theirs ever was.
    Sadly, yes. Hammer of Justice never cost holy power, unlike Psychic Horror Plus they generate holy power 2x faster then us and their finisher even about the same damage, iirc. It's kinda lol all the way around.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2013-11-13 at 08:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, yes. Hammer of Justice never cost holy power, unlike Psychic Horror Plus they generate holy power 2x faster then us and their finisher even about the same damage, iirc. It's kinda lol all the way around.
    I don't count Psychic Horror because I don't even keybind it (for PvE, for PvP it's keybound but I have yet to find a situation in which I pressed it and did not immediately regret losing a devouring plague). If an ability is so bad that even somebody like me who has macros and keybinds for everything doesn't even bind it, it doesn't count - regardless of the technicality that it does exist within the ability database.

So I heard that they were removing the whole RPPM system but there are some RPPM trinkets in SOO, is it going to be scrapped going the new expansion?
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    So I heard that they were removing the whole RPPM system but there are some RPPM trinkets in SOO, is it going to be scrapped going the new expansion?
    If they said that during blizzcon then I missed that part. Although with snapshotting gone it really makes no difference. (Yes, I enjoyed + 50k int buffed dots and I'm bitter.)

Make mind flay be able to be channelled while moving

what I'm really looking forward to in this is being bale to hold devo plague for procs, also dot snapshotting probably wont begone for a while because blizz would need to find a another way to make locks, boomkins, and spriests interesting to play

and some blizz employees have said casting while moving has gone too far, I'd rather just see some class w/o a raid cooldown like hunters or some other class w/o any significant cooldowns or reason to be brought into a raid get a 6-10s cast while moving cd for the raid and keep stuff more in control for pvp at the same time (at least interrputs and cc are getting reduced and people will be able to hopefully hard cast in pvp again), it's not like mind flay is actually that much damage anyways

Every change and talent they added was a direct pull from the Shadow priest community so I suppose that is something to take note of in general. While very late in coming these changes are all very good things. I want to see the new spells we get from 90 to 100. Really hoping for a true dps CD with some type of ability to dps on the move.

Still waiting on that mind flay buff that should have happened 2 expansions ago. When your aoe is outpacing your single target filler when there's 2 targets in range , that is a big problem.

Maybe give mind flay some time of "chain lightning" type effect where it can channel through to other nearby targets. Could be cool.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple