Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Gear in Warlords - Have they just killed pure dps classes?

So now we have just gear types - plate, mail, leather, cloth. The stat is your primary stat and changes with spec.

So the moonkin druid is now also a fully raid geared healer, melee dps, and tank...

Have we just been shafted? Even more incentives to bring a hybrid over a pure dps class.

10+ Year Old Account
    wasn''t there plan to add new stats? like healing power for pve

No Tusk Club.

No, this is a godsend for people who don't want carry 2 diff sets, more if you have spec ADD. If my Druid only needs one set to heal and tank, this is amazing.

how can you heal and dps at the same time?

They said Jewelry/trinkets/weapons will probably still be role specific so not fully, you would still need to pick up offspec weapons etc but obviously its still a lot less spec specific gear to pick up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im happy I wont have to carry 3 sets of gear for shadow, holy, and disc

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    No, this is a godsend for people who don't want carry 2 diff sets, more if you have spec ADD. If my Druid only needs one set to heal and tank, this is amazing.
    What OP is saying is why have a Pure DPS class (3 trees of DPS) when the guild can have a Druid who can do DPS, Tank, or Heal, and have the same boss gear at all three?

The answer will really depend on what incentives and utilities Blizzard gives to rogues, hunters, etc. Otherwise I could see myself rerolling.

Deleted
    But surely with gems/enchants you'll still want different gear sets.. otherwise you'll be rocking a tank item with +spirit or whatever.

The role-specific itemization is specifically for armor. There are still role-specific accessories (trinkets, cloaks, etc).

Deleted
    I don't see how this kills pure dps classes.Yes,once you get your Druid gear,that gear's stats will be synchronized depending on your spec.DPS classes will stay dps,and hybrid classes won't have to grind the healer set from a tier and roll greed on dps sets.

If I got it correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Im happy I wont have to carry 3 sets of gear for shadow, holy, and disc
    This.It simply changes depending on your spec.How awesome is that?

Deleted
    Another (small) blow for pure classes. Hooray.

Deleted
    I think its solves problems but then creates new ones. I'm not a fan.

GUYS... The hybrid can switch specs and at least do their job (albeit half-assed) but nowhere near optimally. That is why this is almost the same as it is now. You will still need seperate accessories, if you have gemmed pieces, they won't be optimal, if you have certain tertiary stats they won't be optimal for your off-spec... and on and on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    What OP is saying is why have a Pure DPS class (3 trees of DPS) when the guild can have a Druid who can do DPS, Tank, or Heal, and have the same boss gear at all three?

The answer will really depend on what incentives and utilities Blizzard gives to rogues, hunters, etc. Otherwise I could see myself rerolling.
    Exactly. This is what I mean.
    Imagine 2 guys are applying at your guild. both have the same ilevel. one is a kitty druid who can also heal. the other is a rogue. both do the same job, both use the same gear, one offers your raid a backup healer with equal gear to his mainspec - I know who I'd pick

This is fuckin amazing

atleast wait to see it in beta, it could be more beneficial then you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, it kind of sucks for healers TBH. DPS are always geared over healers first, especially for priests i kinda feel bad for them

But once people get geared it is an amazing change!
    Last edited by Foxtails; 2013-11-09 at 08:53 PM.

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Um, that was exactly the OPs point. Its a pretty massive buff to the utility of bringing hybrids over pures because allowing you to use 1 set of armor for everything vastly increases your capability to actually be ready to capitalize on you bring a hybrid when an opportunity arises.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    how can you heal and dps at the same time?
    I'm pretty sure you're just being a jerk, but have you seen the druid talents? Cause there is definitely something in there.

Sometimes I wonder if people really think before trying to determine if any change is shafting them. I imagine people rolled pure dps because they wanted to play that class, not because they thought that juggling item sets was going to be too difficult. The people that wanted to play multiple roles did so and went and got the gear. Now it will be slightly more convenient, but that doesn't mean all of sudden no one will roll a rogue, hunter, or mage? Why does everything need an incentive for people these days? Do you even listen to yourself?

And it won't even matter if for example mages are topping the chart at the beginning b/c people will always roll FOTM.

Deleted
    This is amazing, as a monk healer / retri pala i just love this.