Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Wish they showed the Comic Con teaser -.-

So how did Comic Con get a teaser if they said they didn't start filming yet or anything? How did they get a preview if they claim there isn't one yet?

A R-rated Warcraft movie would bomb so fucking hard.

PG-13 is perfect for this type of movie.

Deleted
    Wow, Jones sure comes across as ambitious. Match or beat LOTR? He must be joking, right? Moon was a good film, and source code was okay. He simply does not have the experience that Jackson had before undertaking such a monolithic enterprise like LoTR, though. Not to mention the miracle workers that were WETA and WETA digital.

I'm sure these guys know what it is they're doing, and seeing as it's all one big collab, there'll obviously be no shortage of knowledge or passion.... but yeah. Threw me off a bit with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I realize this, but what is the point of even showing Durotan? It would just detract from the overall experience. We'll have some scenes where the war is going on then "MEANWHILE, IN ALTERAC MOUNTAINS: durotan is still doing nothing".
    you dont have to have him doing nothing...it foreshadows thrall in a way. and they might have durotan as the intro to the movie. stop thinking of ways to make a bad movie, think about ways they can make it good

10+ Year Old Account
    I really dont get a Lothar V.S Durotan story.

I dont think they even meet in the actual lore!?

Deleted
    when and where the said the cast for the film? next time, next year, when they start to film?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Someone is working on the Orcish language for the movie."

This is cool, just like Avatar where they created language for Na'vi.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Shitty panel really, no presentation, no teaser, some comic con gets it but blizzcon no? w t h.
    the teaser doesnt have much to do with the movie tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loganroth51 View Post

They never said Lothar vs Durotan, he just mentioned these 2 names as some of the main cast.

If anything, the story will be shown from 2 view points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefaille View Post
    when and where the said the cast for the film? next time, next year, when they start to film?
    They have already cast their actors. Filming starts January 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by loganroth51 View Post

lothar and durotan. not lothar vs durotan

People involved play the Warcraft games? So what!? That doesn't make them good at their jobs....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    lothar and durotan. not lothar vs durotan
    ohhhh..... I misread then.

Well there is my derp for the day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    People involved play the Warcraft games? So what!? That doesn't make them good at their jobs....
    It means they obviously care enough to want to make it good, and not just a quick buck...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausingen View Post
    Wow, Jones sure comes across as ambitious. Match or beat LOTR? He must be joking, right? Moon was a good film, and source code was okay. He simply does not have the experience that Jackson had before undertaking such a monolithic enterprise like LoTR, though. Not to mention the miracle workers that were WETA and WETA digital.

I'm sure these guys know what it is they're doing, and seeing as it's all one big collab, there'll obviously be no shortage of knowledge or passion.... but yeah. Threw me off a bit with that statement.
    What are you talking about? Source Code and Moon aren't on the level of Frighteners and Braindead? I was so weirded out when I heard Peter Jackson was going to make the LotR movies because I knew of him from weird low budget gore movies like Braindead and Bad Taste. What you're voicing is the least of my concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausingen View Post

Wait are you actually for real? You do realise that Peter Jackson had done just a few Gorefest B-Movies before LOTR right? How he even fucking convinced those studio execs (Thank fuck he did though) to let him do LOTR is insane.

Who knows what the movie is going to bring, perhaps it'll be another typical shitty Video Game movie, but honestly Duncan Jones is ok, he could quite possibly pull out a master piece like LOTR (Although I really do doubt it, LOTR was perfect & that's kinda hard to match).

Also to anyone talking about the whole "Comic-Con got a Teaser & Blizzcon didn't" ... Well that's because there's lots of Trailers that are specific to Comic-Con ... Why would they show it at Blizzcon if it was a specific agreement made in regards to the whole Comic-Con stuff to ONLY show the Teaser at Comic-Con? Who knows, maybe there was a Teaser, maybe there wasn't ... But why the fuck would they lie about?

Finally the whole "But this breaks lore" ... This is literally just people going, "M-Muh Lore!" It's a random, one-off movie... They are not ret-conning anything, this movie is not going to be any official cannon, this movie is not trying to change anything... They are merely taking interesting (at least to the writers) characters & throwing them into a story that works best for a Movie. That is all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    So how did Comic Con get a teaser if they said they didn't start filming yet or anything? How did they get a preview if they claim there isn't one yet?
    It was a "mood piece," in other words a test shoot to establish the look and feel of the movie, likely for the benefit of executives and producers. They explained that back when they showed it at Comic Con.

Filming doesn't start until January, so obviously they haven't shot any actual scenes from the script yet.

Comic Con does this exclusive shit all the time. They're most likely locked up in contract and can't legally release the teaer to the public.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooti View Post
    What are you talking about? Source Code and Moon aren't on the level of Frighteners and Braindead? I was so weirded out when I heard Peter Jackson was going to make the LotR movies because I knew of him from weird low budget gore movies like Braindead and Bad Taste. What you're voicing is the least of my concerns.
    Excuse me, Heavenly Creatures? He was the producer for that film, and for those other films too. Don't think Mr.Jones has so much as attempted tackling that sort of subject matter. But this is not the point. The point is that apart from producing and directing, Jackson had full hand in writing the screenplays.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    It means they obviously care enough to want to make it good, and not just a quick buck...
    in the end that'll keep me satisfied. just knowing that they actually care about the material and dont just want to pull a michael bay is assuring.