Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathric View Post
    "Lothar and Durotan"

They don't have anything to do with each other in current lore, so this is interesting.

New lore or 2 separate stories?
    It's true they don't have anything to do with each other directly, but they indirectly affect each other. They are from the same timeline. The good guys of their factions. I hope they show Durotan's assassination and where Aedelas Blackmoore finds baby Thrall leading to Warcraft 2 movie where will be based on Lord of the Clans book.

Quote Originally Posted by Captnmexico21 View Post
    It's true they don't have anything to do with each other directly, but they indirectly affect each other. They are from the same timeline. The good guys of their factions. I hope they show Durotan's assassination and where Aedelas Blackmoore finds baby Thrall leading to Warcraft 2 movie where will be based on Lord of the Clans book.
    Durotan wasn't even part of the war right? He and his Frostwolf clan was exiled and then they settled in Alterac Valley. They will probably bend the lore a bit to make it interesting enough.

Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    Most Blizzard employees agree but they need money + alliance = easier for new people to watch
    if it sell well = I won't get surprise too see Horde movie
    Nope... have you seen lotr? there was quite alot of evil side scenes aswell and people liked it alot.

Warcraft has always been about orcs vs humans, if you dont do that it wont be a warcraft movie.

Leaving horde out would be a huge loss in good characters just like lotr had orcs speak and such, without those scenes the trilogy would have sucked. Even tho orcs werent a major part in Lotr story in any other way than being the evil.

In warcraft orcs arent evil, they are a nation aswell... only reason they became evil at one point was due to demon influence, just like many humans have become evil but not an entire human nation because humans have been protected by night elves and dragons... orcs didnt have that protection, they only had themselves, ogres and draenei around in which ogres were enemy and draenei werent talking with the orcs much... other than trading sometimes.

In every other movie or story, the orcs are evil and they dont have deep background... in warcraft orcs are equal to any other race in story depth except they have been the race with the most bad moments in their history... if you dont count how long the elves have been alive.

there if you want to check out the Warcraft Movie panel video......BlizzCon 2013 is in closing, so this is already old news anyway

http://www.warcraft-themovie.com/war...e-panel-video/

I can't wait to watch the movie.

I put my money on The Second War story

Gandalf For Kadghar.

Wow so it is orcs versus humans? The general public is going to view this movie as a LotR copycat!

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    Wow so it is orcs versus humans? The general public is going to view this movie as a LotR copycat!
    Not just that but if they try to make the orcs some center for the story along with humans I don't see this being a good thing. It doesent matter how much you love orcs inwarcraft, I just don't see it selling to the mass crowd after watching something like lotr. Demon infested blood thirsty orcs vs humans. I wonder which way the viewing audience will lean. I wonder which way the gamers that know the lore will lean.

There going to lose the audience if they try to make the orcs out to be misunderstood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not just that but if they try to make the orcs some center for the story along with humans I don't see this being a good thing. It doesent matter how much you love orcs inwarcraft, I just don't see it selling to the mass crowd after watching something like lotr. Demon infested blood thirsty orcs vs humans. I wonder which way the viewing audience will lean. I wonder which way the gamers that know the lore will lean.

There going to lose the audience if they try to make the orcs out to be misunderstood.
    I'm guessing you didn't watch the panel. That's not their intention, the orcs aren't just going to be the "monsters" and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its fucking pathetic how they have just strung us along when it comes to the new character models… and now not only do we have to wait for the xpac… we might have to wait several patches into it for own race… its all bullshit

"Someone is working on the Orcish language for the movie."

so epic.

People still think this will be like Lord of the Rings?

That's funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not Bones Chaud. Its a Rigging system, and rigging system includes joints..I think you dont have your Animation knowledge up to date. Its called a Rig or a joint because in Maya thats what you have to do and you have to build a rig for the face, a rig and a joint system for the body and everything else. So its going to take quite a while for the other characters to be done.

So far I'm on board with it all, except the stat removal. Love the garrison idea, new character models were a long time coming. Just feels weird to me to remove stats that have been in the game so long. I'm sure they have a plan for replacing how you will get hit/exp, & how tanks will avoid without dodge/parry...but right now it definitely feels weird. Also, I liked reforging...but I understand why they are removing it. It became mandatory vs. the bonus it was supposed to feel like. Kind of feels like all the min/maxing potential is being removed.