More Bad PR for Microsoft

http://www.eteknix.com/target-ship-x...install-sizes/
    There's the article eteknix posted about Target shipping out consoles to customers that preordered them.
    6 Hours after the article was posted the customer had his console Banned.
    http://www.eteknix.com/console-bans-...e-release-day/
    The only good thing from it though is that the user will be unbanned on the 22nd when the console is supposedly released.

BUT the funny thing is Sony is encouraging players that recieve their consoles early to actually play their consoles instead of banning them.
    http://www.eteknix.com/sony-will-ban...4-release-day/

ITS because Microsoft fucked up beyond fubar. The consoles can't even be used on release date without an update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if he hadn't broadcast that he got it early he might have been fine. Changing his name to "#1 source for xbox one" was begging for a ban too.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

How is Xbox supposed to know how or why he got it early. They see someone on the network that isn't supposed to be, so they ban it. It stops people from selling games/consoles a few days early.

Now i realize that the person did get screwed for something he did not do, and Target or Xbox should replace his Xbox, but i highly doubt that it will happen that way. Shitty to because $500 just got flushed right down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    How is Xbox supposed to know how or why he got it early. They see someone on the network that isn't supposed to be, so they ban it. It stops people from selling games/consoles a few days early.

Now i realize that the person did get screwed for something he did not do, and Target or Xbox should replace his Xbox, but i highly doubt that it will happen that way. Shitty to because $500 just got flushed right down the toilet.
    Please L2read. "the user will be unbanned on the 22nd when the console is supposedly released."

microsoft pissing off its loyal customers? Im shocked! Sony has got to be loving all the microsoft PR screw ups over the last year with xbox1. Everytime microsoft screws it up Sony finds just the right way to rub salt in the fresh wound:P

Quote Originally Posted by Takure View Post
    Please L2read. "the user will be unbanned on the 22nd when the console is supposedly released."
    Or you could have said " hey you missed this part" But you felt the need to add " L2Read" because being rude is your thing.

As long as he gets unbanned on the release date I don't see why that is such a big deal. Maybe mail him a free game of choice as goodwill if you want to be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there any pictures of this guy actually having the console?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    Are there any pictures of this guy actually having the console?
    http://kotaku.com/and-heres-another-...e-a-1461279632

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    microsoft pissing off its loyal customers? Im shocked! Sony has got to be loving all the microsoft PR screw ups over the last year with xbox1. Everytime microsoft screws it up Sony finds just the right way to rub salt in the fresh wound:P
    It was said months ago best by Francis:

"The PS4 is winning the race just by showing up and by NOT BEING ASSHOLES!" :P

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    ITS because Microsoft fucked up beyond fubar. The consoles can't even be used on release date without an update.
    I agree, Microsoft definitely fucked up beyond fucked up beyond all recognition.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony has been very aggressive with their anti Xbone marketing. It has actually had a positive impact on Xbone policy. I'm looking forward to playing both...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Takure View Post
    No need at all to be a dick if you see someone miss something out. People do that in discussions, and if you act like that every time you get the opportunity to correct someone, nobody will want you in their discussion.

If an individual gets their console earlier than they should then I don't understand what is wrong with banning someone from the network until they're supposed to be able to access it. As far as bad PR goes, Microsoft don't deserve any for something like this. They are going to give him access back when the release date is upon us, so it isn't even a punishment. Implying a company deserves pad PR for something like this feels slightly petty.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!