Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Oh yeah you're right...he slipped it in with those parenthesis. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it's good natured ribbing. I know I'm wrong, but I do what I can to stay sane.
    Not too sure...will await confirmation...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

wow... all you need to do is say happy bday US marines to get US military bashing started. Are Europeans really that liberal, or are they that bitter that they USED to dominate the world between 1600 and 1940 and we took it over because they were too weak, not because they all of a sudden became moral.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    wow... all you need to do is say happy bday US marines to get US military bashing started.
    Dude, it doesn't take much at all. Start a thread talking about how cool it is to pilot a UAV and watch the fireworks.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    wow... all you need to do is say happy bday US marines to get US military bashing started. Are Europeans really that liberal, or are they that bitter that they USED to dominate the world between 1600 and 1940 and we took it over because they were too weak, not because they all of a sudden became moral.
    They became weak because their countries were fought on and over for a good while. Not just suddenly we became superior or anything.

Deleted
    I think yes when you are more conservative than iraq its not that hard.

http://www.worldvaluessurvey.org/wvs...ulture-map.jpg

Article Link:
    http://www.worldvaluessurvey.org/wvs...ticle_base_54/
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-11-10 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    They became weak because their countries were fought on and over for a good while. Not just suddenly we became superior or anything.
    Right. My point is, Europeans forget that they were the ones enslaving people, stealing land, killing, policing people and drawing other peoples boarders when they had the power to do so. They only stopped because they got weak, NOT because they suddenly thought "oh hey, this is wrong"

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy Birthday Marines!

I'll be joining Army but I do work with a retired Force Recon marine at work, he's a pretty cool guy.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is why we need a like button.
    I think Rich would implode under the weight of his ego then...

the way you yanks are going now consider yourself lucky to still be on top by 2040. assuming your two major political parties aren't at each others throats. don't think you are immune to the vagaries of history. indeed, it was slightly over 100 years ago that America became the largest economic power, in a very similar way how China's economy is about to eclipse that of America's.

now, on topic, I did meet an ex marine once (he served during Vietnam) and when discussing the maximum range of a rifle, he did remark that being able to shoot a stationary target 500 metres (550 yards give or take) without the use of a scope was a requirement (in prone position, lying down that is) to be accepted into the marines. is this true?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    So basically it is a celebreation of valorous service and war crimes.
    its only a war crime if you lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Oh yeah you're right...he slipped it in with those parenthesis. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it's good natured ribbing. I know I'm wrong, but I do what I can to stay sane.
    No, I'm completely serious, and I don't know why you'd think that I was being at all facetious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping to be in Parris Island in January! Going in as an aircraft mechanic. Happy birthday to all marines and thanks for your service.

Sad to see some of the comments by people in here. Really pathetic how little some people know or care to read about before making extremely misinformed posts.

No, we just dont really glorify military because... you know... it usually ends in death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    No, we just dont really glorify military because... you know... it usually ends in death.
    Read this article and thought of you guys. Disaster relief in the Philipines, who wants to bet the Marines ending up doing the most good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    Read this article and thought of you guys. Disaster relief in the Philipines, who wants to bet the Marines ending up doing the most good.
    People always forget that it is the military that offers the most assistance during disasters, I remember when the Tsunami hit in 2004 and most of the Royal navy was mobilised to help, they had so many volunteers from all branches of the military to help that they could not transport them all.

The Few. The Proud. God bless and thank all the Marines for all they've done and their continued service.