Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

BlizzCon Chakra: what's been said.

Surprise, the panel of "ideas for improved abilities between 91-100" included an 'amped up' Chakra. And of course by amped up we mean here's a 15 second cooldown which addresses absolutely shit-all about the problems with the ability itself.

During the Q&A session, Ghostcrawler was asked about it as sort of a P.S. of another question and while I don't have a transcript, he said something to the effects of "We've always sort of liked the idea of you're really awesome at one thing like this, and awesome at another thing but that doesn't seem to work out for us"

Which is a horrible bastardizarion, forgive me for having a shoddy memory, feel free to post a real transcript if you'd like. But it's at least comforting to know that even Greg acknowledges their pet project of enforcing stances as something that isn't really working out and needs fixing.

Also did anyone hear if they answered my state of mana question? I was too busy trying not to lock up completely to dedicate it to memory.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Well hello to you Kelesti! Can I get a snow cone?

Would be nice if chakra was reworked, still feels so clumsy.

Still kind of early. We really don't know what they are trying in 6.0 yet. There's still a little bit of hope they will fix chakra...then again, we are priests. They don't just give us the short end of the stick, they beat the hell out of us with it :P

If you really want to tweak their noses a little bit, we could create a change.org petition for equal design treatment in WoD. I'd sign it, and I'm SURE we could find some other concerned priests :P
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2013-11-10 at 03:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give it 2 charges on a 30 second cooldown that way people can swap in and out a little more... or have a resource that regenerates chakra swapping, something like Balance Energy. Casting a certain amount of PoH will put you into the AoE one, casting smite enough puts it into another one, and greater heal puts you into another one. I think that's a great solution, why can't they implement that?
    Hydrogen the Undying
    Ry, Hellscream's Downfall
    Economics, Champion of Ulduar
    Dissonance - We raid mornings and stuff. Dissonanceguild.com (US 186, US #3 morning guild)
    Twitter: Ry_walk. Economics Major

though not as important as the actual gameplay problems, i would hope any changes to chakra would also include a new, non-siezure inducing animation

I think this is something that really needs to be clarified by the devs. What is the future of Chakra?
    They probably don't even have a clarfication to offer right now, but just acknowledging that "some priests hate Chakra to death" would suffice. That makes it a problem they need to solve before 6.0.

I would sign a petition to murder Chakra any day of the week. It's the simplest and most elegant solution to the problem. But we all know how blizzard feels about petitions.
    Last edited by Danner; 2013-11-10 at 09:56 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

remove chakra, give holy priests a base +25% healing and then give them SOME utility that isn't awful and make sanctuary actually worth something(outside of 4-piece).

Also not a fan of serendipity, don't want to flash heal just want to use the aoe-smart-greater-heal talent if I ever go holy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my pitchfork ready, if chakra doesn't die now I am not sure when it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantofish View Post
    Give it 2 charges on a 30 second cooldown that way people can swap in and out a little more... or have a resource that regenerates chakra swapping, something like Balance Energy. Casting a certain amount of PoH will put you into the AoE one, casting smite enough puts it into another one, and greater heal puts you into another one. I think that's a great solution, why can't they implement that?
    That's a bad solution imo. Its a lazy cover to what I consider a major design flaw. Choice between ST and AoE should not be there, period, especially as no other healer has to make that choice. No cd, no choice, no stances, if they need to nerf some of our spells to compensate, fine (I doubt it as CoH, for example, is already really weak).

I haven't cared for holy since the chakra addition and I did see you ask the question to GC. He basically misdirected it in a roundabout answer like most replies. Though at the same time he said they would try to "fix" it, and if it did not work out then they would gut it. (Which to me sounds like nothing will change.) Good questions, take the answers as you will.

P.S. I had a good laugh at the 15 cd "improved ability" panel.
    Stay salty my friends.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love/hate Chakra. I need Chakra to heal at my full potential depending on the situation. When I am healing a 5-man dungeon prior to and just at max level I need Serenity Chakra to be able to efficiently tank heal with Holy's ridiculous mana constraints. I know my aoe heals aren't max strength, but they don't need to be, and I am not competing with other healers for a raid spot so I only care that they survive and not produce blowout numbers on meters. As I level or encounter a mob/opponent bent on killing me I need to be able damage faster and better so I want Chastise Chakra because damage needs to be maximized, not healing. When I am in a raid with a lot of my friends who are taking damage, I need to be able to heal a lot of people more efficiently, because I will run out of mana if I don't maximize my aoe healing or they will surely die if I try to single target heal them. Finally, if I don't bring sufficient abilities and healing strength and longevity to easily win a raid encounter then I will not be asked to join one of the very few raid spots available to healers (2-5) even in flexible raid sizes. I will be sat for either the healer who is the best at trivializing raid mechanics (via absorbs/healing, better damage, better utility, or all of the above) or for another dps.

I hate Chakra because it doesn't provide me with enough abilities to be specialized for the Chakra I am in, and because the max level raiding that I enjoy most requires me to not pigeonhole myself into one specialization but rather perform multiple functions: tank heal & raid heal, tank heal & do damage, raid heal & do damage, or heal, damage and trivialize a raid mechanic. If I can only perform one function well I will always be replaced as soon as a healer that can perform 2 or more functions is found. Having the ability to switch back and forth between specializations faster does not really substitute for being able to do both simultaneously. There aren't enough crossover abilities: there is no strong aoe or damage while in Serenity (none of the level 90 talents benefit from the +healing of Serenity), you have no strong single target heal while in Sanctuary, there isn't any healing from Chastise damage, there isn't a Holy utility spell that counters raid mechanics. Guardian Spirit's cheat death is often times disabled on a boss mechanic whereas Holy Paladins have a number of abilities to completely bypass raid mechanics that aren't disabled as do Disc priests on countering massive damage. Even Lightspring is falling to trivial levels as other healers' smart heals never allow a player to fall below 50%. Holy Words from Chakra are lackluster and not worth switching Chakras to gain, it is ultimately the +healing/damage that decides which Chakra we need. The utility gained from a Chakra is secondary or not compelling (ie. not enough to make that specialization something a Holy Priest is really good at).

Holy needs Chakra to be able to function, but Chakra isn't enough. We often need 2 of the 3 Chakras at any moment. So why not allow us to have 2 of the 3 Chakras active at a time. Add some additional crossover ability(ies) that are activated when a combination of 2 are activated. Yellow + Blue we get the benefits of the two Chakras +healing, access to 2 Holy Words, and another raid-wide ability (PoH and lvl 90 talents also refresh Renew, Lightwell has an instant 20% heal plus the ticks). Yellow + Red we get +damage and single target healing, 2 Holy Words, and damage heals a single player within 20yards of the target (this heal counts as a Renew refresh). Blue + Red we get +damage and aoe healing, 2 Holy words, and damage heals all players within 20 yards of the Lightwell (split proportionally).

Add the ability to have 2 Chakras active at a time with an additional crossover bonus upon reaching level 100.
    Last edited by Darkener; 2013-11-10 at 11:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As I wrote in another thread: Its never too early or too late in an expansion to make your voice heard. So I will never buy that as a reason anymore to "be quiet and wait". Chakra to me destroyed the thing I loved the most about holypri - flexibility.

How many years has it been with forum threads, upset priests, angry ppl and a few "everything is fine" sayers ofc, like always? How many years did it take to make other holypri changes?? Just look at how long theyve been saying they want to change the party restrictions on PoH? ??

Please act, show them clearly we want a change to Chakra and NOT only a reduced CD, wich would even make gameplay even more screwed up imo, its a disgrace they even use it as a placeholder tbh.

SIGNING

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    As I wrote in another thread: Its never too early or too late in an expansion to make your voice heard. So I will never buy that as a reason anymore to "be quiet and wait". Chakra to me destroyed the thing I loved the most about holypri - flexibility.

How many years has it been with forum threads, upset priests, angry ppl and a few "everything is fine" sayers ofc, like always? How many years did it take to make other holypri changes?? Just look at how long theyve been saying they want to change the party restrictions on PoH? ??

Please act, show them clearly we want a change to Chakra and NOT only a reduced CD, wich would even make gameplay even more screwed up imo, its a disgrace they even use it as a placeholder tbh.

SIGNING
    GC never answers to me on Twitter anymore. Seems like not enough people care. Granted, there are like 14 holy priests worldwide or something...

I was hoping they would get rid of chakra but instead the cd drops to 15 seconds, still not a solution, a passive to our healing would be much better then Chakra dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Also not a fan of serendipity, don't want to flash heal just want to use the aoe-smart-greater-heal talent if I ever go holy.
    You're joking, right?

If Blizzard will still ignore the problem with Chakra I'm up for signing any petition you'd like.

Sry to throw a bone, but i like chakra. But the main problem is that it is feels now not as a bonus, but instead of a malus if you are in the wrong stance. Blizzard should make 20% of the 25% heal baseline, and make chakra increase our heal st/aoe by 10% (and make the holy word spells more powerful). In Chastise the healing should be reduced by 25%. Chakra can have 30 second cd, but like already said up to 2 charges.

Chakra is not bad itself, but it should feel like a bonus if you are in the right stance rather than being a malus when you are in the wrong stance. Yes in the wrong one it should have an small penalty, but not as big as it is now.

Chakra right now is not a buff, it is a penalty. Try not using any chakra and see were you are on the meters. When you have to use a chakra to be par-Sub par against other healers it is a penalty with nothing to compensate.

Make all chakras passive and turn chakra into a CD so it's animation doesn't hide boss mechanics from you on the ground.

It is predominantly Chakra that keeps me from playing Holy. I agree with Nightstorm and Velerios above who observe that it's not a bonus, but a penalty. With Chakra, I have to choose to under-perform in either AoE or direct target healing; that is certainly not an "interesting choice" but a lesser of evils choice.
    Chakra is an archaic hold over from the days when healers were categorised in tank or raid healing, and it just doesn't hold any value in its current form now.

I'm not saying Chakra should die (though I would cheer that on) but it does need a significant redesign and shortening the CD is not the solution. Stance-dancing is a very clumsy mechanic that really should be shown the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Deleted
    Am I the only one who actually kind of likes chakras? I feel it adds a unique aspect to holy priest healing, and very interesting benefits depending on the chakra. I mean, no, I'm not big on the cooldown on it, but I feel that's what is part of the fun. Holy priests are clunky IMO and I feel that's just right. They are HPS powerhouses; like machinery. I even feel that the PoH, CoH, POM spam has that aspect to it during heavy AoE. They are excellent at three different things, but not simultaneously. This is what I like. Sure, the lack of versatility of 25% healing on certain spells in some situations is irritating, but I mean, in 10M who ever really goes into Sanctuary Chakra anyway, unless it's pretty obscene AoE damage (Which you could have likely prevented with serenity renew cascade refresh pre-emptively anyway).