Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoD: still no upgrade to Backpack

Of ALL the things they could have put in WoD, why oh why did they not finally upgrade the backpack??????

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean they did so many other storage upgrades and management changes. It sucks but we'll live. Perhaps we'll see it changed in Beta at some point. This isn't the be all end all final list.

I'd love for a larger backpack but I much prefer better management options first.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

It's not really needed at this current time. With the amount of stuff they took out of our bags (again) it saves up a lot more space.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

They've stated many times that the Original Backpack is hard coded in the old system and would require a ton of work to change it. They did announce QoL improvements to your other bags. Like sorting and no more quest items in bags, etc.

They are adding a toys tab, removing quest items from your bags and all stacks are now 100/200. I think they did good.

Possible tabard tab/possible new transmog like the new diablo feature.

Which means your void storage is almost empty and your bank is almost empty.
    Last edited by averykey; 2013-11-10 at 12:52 AM.

There wasnt a confirmation of tabards which makes me sad. They said possibly in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they hurry up with letting us keep coding for transmog gear and able to throw out the old gear itself, that'll fix so many issues.
    #boycottchina

I really wish they added the gw2 feature where you can automatically send all your crafting items from your bags straight into your bank anytime anywhere. I think I read they added you can craft straight from your bank in the new expac so this would be an amazing feature to have. That would free up so much space while out in the world, I never needed big bags in gw2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    They've stated many times that the Original Backpack is hard coded in the old system and would require a ton of work to change it.
    This. You were never meant to change the backpack out.

In fact, I believe they said that changing it had the risk of deleting items.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Just give us 36 slot generic bags already.

I remember them saying it was actually ridiculously difficult to do given how the game was originally coded.

As long as bags aren't full I see no issue

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    As long as they hurry up with letting us keep coding for transmog gear and able to throw out the old gear itself, that'll fix so many issues.
    Void Storage?

apparently it's hardcoded into the game and can't really be changed

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

not replace like a quest that upgrades the backpack from 16 to 32

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

Such as your money and ability to carry... anything.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    ...do explain this because I dare not hope for what I read into it...D:. If I understood it correctly, it's too good to be true!!!

Please. They will free up a lot of bag space anyway so I don't understand what the problem. Do you really have to whine about ev-er-yt-hi-ng?

I'm curious though as to what will be marked as "toys" though. I'm afraid my definition of "toys" will be a lot more wider than Blizzards :P
    Also: did they say they would increase the Void Storage? I know they said they had thoughts about changing the transmog. situation like they have it in Diablo, but did they say anything that will change for sure early on in the expansion? :/

Quote Originally Posted by tibblaye View Post
    not replace like a quest that upgrades the backpack from 16 to 32
    I'm 100% sure it's not that simple, they'd have just done it otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ...do explain this because I dare not hope for what I read into it...D:. If I understood it correctly, it's too good to be true!!!
    Yup they said it might not be done for launch so they removed it from their presentation, but it's in the works.

Similar to mounts/toys/pets

At least they are giving us a tab for toys and heirlooms. Heirlooms are on an alt anyway, but I'm happy with the toy tab. Hope they'll see as much things as toys as I do, else it won't help much in the end. Or they just need to add bigger bags that don't cost so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They said they had thought about it, but it wasn't 100% as I understood it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    At least they are giving us a tab for toys and heirlooms. Heirlooms are on an alt anyway, but I'm happy with the toy tab. Hope they'll see as much things as toys as I do, else it won't help much in the end. Or they just need to add bigger bags that don't cost so much.
    The major thing about the heirlooms, for me atleast, is that they now can be used on all realms!