Wow, you really meant it!

Just a bit of a gush thread here-

Back when I posted here earlier wondering why my DPS was so low, I was told that WW was very weapon-dependent, and that getting a good weapon would cause great DPS increases...

...You people weren't kidding!

Even at 508 iLvl, I was only pulling ~67k self-buffed with my two 471 (upgraded blue) weapons. Finally got my hands on a single 540 weapon tonight, and BAM, I start pulling 95-98k. No flasks or food, no Xuen either, just self-buffs on the Raider dummy.

Getting such a huge increase in DPS has inspired me to go WW main instead of Brewmaster main. (Though mostly because healers keep whining about how squishy I am in Flex, though, and I don't want to feel like a burden to the raid!)

Just had to get that outta my system. Happiness = Very Yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Every class is weapon dependent, whether from the huge SP buff that ranged/healers get or from the wdmg buff melee/tanks get.

They are the best. Congratulations on your upgrades, weapon is the most exciting!

Ehh, I was told by a couple people that WW is more weapon-dependent than any other melee spec. Like, one guy getting outdps'd by another WW with lower ilvl, solely because the other guy had a higher ilvl weapon.

But yeah, 30k dps gain from 1 item. Feels good man.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2013-11-10 at 05:50 AM.

Weapons make incredible diference for any melee class since everything you do has its damage based on weapon DPS. It does make more of a diference for WW than most other melees tough.

why did this get necro'd

Grats, I need to work on my WW monk, maybe that's why my dps is low
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Locking this thread, in the future, if one is necro'd and you notice the user was banned, there is no need to continue the thread unless it contributes to the discussion.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch