Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Mechagnome a C e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dubai, Shiraz or Under The Trees of Mulgore
    Posts
    584

    New Primary Stat System in favor of Hybrid classes only!

    The new gear system in which the primary stats change to the spec meaning that all hybrid classes can only need one set of gear for all of their specs, This may mean that it is more beneficial for raiders to go play hybrids of over pure classes. Hybrids do similar damage to pure classes with the addition of extra utility and healing.

    Personally with this change I would be better off playing a class like druid over my main Warlock since I can change specs depending on the fight I can be moonkin if the boss favors ranged dps and feral if it favors melee dps. I can also have the option of switching between resto/gaurdian if any of our healers cant attend the raid.

    What is the benefit of this system for pure dps classes ?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    What is the benefit of this system for pure dps classes ?
    There isn't one.

    Move on

  3. #3
    Warchief Sylreick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    The new gear system in which the primary stats change to the spec meaning that all hybrid classes can only need one set of gear for all of their specs, This may mean that it is more beneficial for raiders to go play hybrids of over pure classes. Hybrids do similar damage to pure classes with the addition of extra utility and healing.

    Personally with this change I would be better off playing a class like druid over my main Warlock since I can change specs depending on the fight I can be moonkin if the boss favors ranged dps and feral if it favors melee dps. I can also have the option of switching between resto/gaurdian if any of our healers cant attend the raid.

    What is the benefit of this system for pure dps classes ?
    They've already HAD the benefit of not needing multiple tier sets to switch specs. This is bringing hybrids up to their level.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    The new gear system in which the primary stats change to the spec meaning that all hybrid classes can only need one set of gear for all of their specs, This may mean that it is more beneficial for raiders to go play hybrids of over pure classes. Hybrids do similar damage to pure classes with the addition of extra utility and healing.

    Personally with this change I would be better off playing a class like druid over my main Warlock since I can change specs depending on the fight I can be moonkin if the boss favors ranged dps and feral if it favors melee dps. I can also have the option of switching between resto/gaurdian if any of our healers cant attend the raid.

    What is the benefit of this system for pure dps classes ?
    The new system does benefit hybrid classes only because, and lets be fair, the current one hurts the hybrid classes much more than others.
    I'm pretty sure on live if a pally decides to change from being holy to ret it takes a lot more gear than a mage who decides to change from fire to arcane. Same goes for all the others, a mistweaver monk going windwalker will require a lot more gear than a rogue going from combat to assassination.
    I live a life of shattered dreams and broken promises. I kill... To live, I kill. You don't want any part of my world. I am nothing but a ghost... Without a place to haunt.

  5. #5
    Pure classes only needs 1 set of gear

    hybrids only needs 1 set of gear


    People rolling pure classes rolled that class to only full-fill one role

    people rolling a hybrid did so knowing they could full-fill multiple roles
    Pokemon X Friendcode : 5257-9535-0556 - Poison Safari, Drapion - Kakuna - Ariados
    Send me a PM with your code so I can add you back!

  6. #6
    The benefit for pure DPS is they don't have to worry about things like int plate dropping when no one can use it. Less wasted gear means the raid gears up faster and kills stuff better. Seems like a benefit to me.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    What is the benefit of this system for pure dps classes ?
    How about just play what you want?
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

  8. #8
    For pures, nothing changes, except now my hunter doens't have to be sad when int mail drops and we're not running a shammy. Gone are the days of "oh main I wish that was agi mail." I don't see how that's a bad thing.

    Besides, it sounds like you're still going to need a neck, rings, weapon, cloak, and trinket for your offspecs, it's only main armor pieces with an armor class that this applies to.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome a C e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dubai, Shiraz or Under The Trees of Mulgore
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    They've already HAD the benefit of not needing multiple tier sets to switch specs. This is bringing hybrids up to their level.
    We have been raiding since the start of the patch, some people in my guild already have the 4 set on 2 specs not including flex or lfr, besides they mentioned that the tier set bonuses will be affected when respecing too since intellect plate gear is removed from the game.

    We are below Hybrids :/

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    For pures, nothing changes, except now my hunter doens't have to be sad when int mail drops and we're not running a shammy. Gone are the days of "oh main I wish that was agi mail." I don't see how that's a bad thing.

    Besides, it sounds like you're still going to need a neck, rings, weapon, cloak, and trinket for your offspecs, it's only main armor pieces with an armor class that this applies to.
    So the most disadvantaged classes are warlock and mages

  10. #10
    How do you know that Pure DPS won't get changing gear with better stats for each of their spec?

  11. #11
    How does this put pures 'below' hybrids?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    Pure classes only needs 1 set of gear
    Short of hunters no pure can really use any gear for any spec with reforging being removed.

  13. #13
    Mechagnome a C e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dubai, Shiraz or Under The Trees of Mulgore
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    How do you know that Pure DPS won't get changing gear with better stats for each of their spec?
    they said that secondary stats wont get affected .

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    How do you know that Pure DPS won't get changing gear with better stats for each of their spec?
    They said primary stats

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    We have been raiding since the start of the patch, some people in my guild already have the 4 set on 2 specs not including flex or lfr, besides they mentioned that the tier set bonuses will be affected when respecing too since intellect plate gear is removed from the game.

    We are below Hybrids :/

    - - - Updated - - -



    So the most disadvantaged classes are warlock and mages
    LOL it's not being removed... Holy paladins still need it. The bad luck of it dropping for a group without a holy paladin is being removed because if you give the int plate to a warrior it will change to strength... Most likely at least, it may only change if the player benefits from what the base drop was, but the former option seems more likely.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    The new gear system in which the primary stats change to the spec meaning that all hybrid classes can only need one set of gear for all of their specs, This may mean that it is more beneficial for raiders to go play hybrids of over pure classes. Hybrids do similar damage to pure classes with the addition of extra utility and healing.

    Personally with this change I would be better off playing a class like druid over my main Warlock since I can change specs depending on the fight I can be moonkin if the boss favors ranged dps and feral if it favors melee dps. I can also have the option of switching between resto/gaurdian if any of our healers cant attend the raid.

    What is the benefit of this system for pure dps classes ?
    It is funny, because a good portion of hybrids have been asked to do that since TBC which meant more money and time out of your pocket. This isn't hurting you in anyway. It's bring the player, not the class. Just because I play a boomkin doesn't mean I am going to automatically be able to heal, dps or go kitty and succeed because my gear allows it.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Short of hunters no pure can really use any gear for any spec with reforging being removed.
    Because stat x will stay just as strong for spec y in WoD as it is in MoP, amirite?

  18. #18
    Mechagnome a C e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dubai, Shiraz or Under The Trees of Mulgore
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    How does this put pures 'below' hybrids?
    For example what can a mage bring to raid that is better than what a moonkin brings, besides buffs. Moonkins have off healing, symbiosis, and tranquility. With the new gear system that will come in the next expansion Moonkins will also be able to switch into other roles too

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    they said that secondary stats wont get affected .
    Developers can have only so much resistance to mage qq :P

  20. #20
    Pit Lord Lei Shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Terrace of Endless Spring
    Posts
    2,479
    No one will be able to ask you to respec as Hunter or Mage ever, because all 3 specs are for DPS, therefore it is up to you and only you which spec you like the most.
    Shamans and Druids can't do that, unless you tell them outright that you refuse to play healer/tank.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •