Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I posted my comment before that was added. I'm sure if I looked I'd be able to find a post from months ago stating that they didn't intend to do Draenei and Belves, but I'm glad they've added them to the list, even Worgen & Goblins apparently.
    The only thing I remember from before Blizzcon was Blizzard stating they'd start with the vanilla races first, since Draenei and Blood Elves already had a higher poly-count and therefore less of a priority.

GOing to be worth it though, just check the female Gnome's facial expressions (or the male one on video, whilst performing his dance). Can't wait to see what humans are going to look like

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    "There will be no free re-customization for characters after new character models."

HAHAHAHAHAHA that's so cute! Sorry, but if you're changing the way my character looks, you're giving me a free re-customization. End of story.
    One more reason to not buy a expansion.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Leveling in WoD will be a fun and fast paced romp through the zones. The team is backing off the idea that leveling should be a long grind.
    In other words: braindead linear Cata-style levelling but with a fraction of the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    man i realy hope ill get some items with cleve for my dk XD

Great news about Draenei and Blood Elves being ready for WoD release. No free character recustomization however? That seems very cheap given the circumstances.

15+ Year Old Account
    There will be no free re-customization for characters after new character models.
    This won't make it live.

I see a lot of fuss around the new faces after the model revamp.. I can respect an opinion, however I play all the way zoomed out 90% of the time.
    I only really see my char face at the login screen if they got the helm off
    In game I almost never see it nor do I look at other character faces. I'm more looking at their armor model and animations (attack or movement)

So, when do you really look at your char faces?

The biggest improvement after this change imo is going to be to Machinima, allowing immensely better depth to characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    That part scares me a bit, but we'll see I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

They actually said the exact opposite of that.

Yea, they will update every model pre cata, but belfs and draenei will be last.

Hooray for WoD! Now to literally play the waiting game...

- - - Updated - - -

They've stated that Blood Elves and Draenei are not getting updated.

I do wonder if there will be a huge outcry after the new models are done, seeing as female Belves and Draenei are super common and won't stack up to any of the other models in the game.
    Where have they stated this I wonder? I ask this because the lead artist in charge of new models stated that they are working on all of the models pre-MoP during the World of Warcraft: The Adventure Continues panel.

Each raid difficulty has its own lockout.
    Really? LFR, normal, heroic and mystic -> 4 lockouts again?
    We've been there, and we all know, it was a pain in the ass...

"There will be no free re-customization for characters after new character models."

HAHAHAHAHAHA that's so cute! Sorry, but if you're changing the way my character looks, you're giving me a free re-customization. End of story.
    I'm EAGER to see how you will force them to comply, oh mighty internet tough guy

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    One more reason to not buy a expansion.
    Problem with that logic is they're gonna get updated whether you buy the xpac or not. People who hadn't bought Cata still saw the reforged world. I'm a little irked by this, and I really hope they change that by the time the new models are updated (assuming prior to the release of the xpac).
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

How many who claim they won't buy the expansion will buy the expansion? I bet most. I didn't buy Pandaland for nearly 6 months after release, but I'm glad I did - for me it was the most enjoyable expansion after Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    So it IS official now. There is no patch 5.5. Blizzard are AGAIN leaving their live servers without a update for 8-10 months and expecting ppl to pay sub for that. Nothing has changed... even tho Blizzard themselves said they had plans to not make another Dragon soul dead space.

Disgrace. Just disgrace.
    Agreed. I thought for sure we'd have something that would ease us into the new expansion (Like the Scourge invasion, or the retaking of Gnomeregan). But this is just sad. Considering what's going to happen with Garrosh, this seems like the perfect way to introduce the new expansion. What do they expect will keep player interest until WoD?

On a side note, great move adding the Fey Drake to the store with a charity tie-in. I don't mind spending a bit of cash in the store from time to time, but the added bonus of contributing to a charity is money well spent.

Dat tauren model...man I can't wait. I've only played Tauren Druid because of how cool it's cat form looked. I can see myself playing all my characters except mage as Taurens now <3

And oh god dat female dwarf. The face is beautiful and so is the body <3

Woooooooooow I'm really shocked at this, this is a huge cash grab on Blizzard's part. Of course everyone is going to want to recustomize their characters after the model update, unless each model is ending up with only one face or skin tone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    So it IS official now. There is no patch 5.5. Blizzard are AGAIN leaving their live servers without a update for 8-10 months and expecting ppl to pay sub for that. Nothing has changed... even tho BLizzard themselfs said they had plans to not make another Dragon soul dead space.

Disgrace. Just disgrace.
    I know in the past expansions the wait time was incredibly long but the WoW team is huge now, theres no reason WoD can't be out by April to May. Wouldn't be surprised to see beta in December with pre patch sometime in March. Maybe it will have a bit of world content before WoD launch.

I posted my comment before that was added. I'm sure if I looked I'd be able to find a post from months ago stating that they didn't intend to do Draenei and Belves, but I'm glad they've added them to the list, even Worgen & Goblins apparently.
    Their original post from over a year ago said they were doing vanilla races first then TBC ones.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Let me get that straight. There is no new feature apart from new character models and even though it is like that we may still have to wait for a gradual release of them rather than have them on day one?

Fey Dragon... is gonna be... a Store Mount?

ARGGGHHH!!!

Deleted
    Wait a second, there's a chance that (some) new models won't be included with the release of WoD? Well, that's going to be a huge letdown for me, so I really hope it doesn't happen.