Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly, no matter what jaded ideas anyone gets, it will take a very long time lose even half of the 7.6 Million subscribers that play WoW. WoW also isn't going to pull anything like the dreaded NGE for SWG, as experience is now their guide for further game development.

An expansion like this isn't a cash grab in prep for a fallout. The "jump the shark" expansion would involve fighting Sargeras. If anything, it seems like WoW is going back into it's roots of innovating ideas from other games; and cutting them to fit their design philosophy.

I lovingly called this "The EQ2/Guild Wars Expansion" to my wife... halfheartedly of course.

They talked a lot about "kits" at the con, which shows they're admitting WoW's aging. I believe that their intention is to get ready to pump out more expansions faster after WoD; more than likely geared towards individual racial issues. It's not uncommon for a game studio to use culture kits to quickly make themed expansion content... it's just been uncommon in WoW till now.

I really don't think they'd use such poor judgement as to wait a year to release WoD. Especially after dropping the bombshell that there will be no 5.5 release.

Finally, the whole "Jaded WoW Player" mindset is a common cliche now in the MMO world. I feel a lot of the "WoW is doomed to a slow death starting now" talk comes from a lack of WoW players enjoying other MMO's as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

I am a longtime Horde player, dabbled in Alliance a little bit, but holy crap. Is that gnome not the cutest darn thing you've ever seen! I am going to have to make an Alliance alt!

Quote Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
    Links to news about blizzcon everything except Starcraft 2...
    Cause there wasn't any. Which surprises me.

Gnome female pigtails are now animated.......
    good, what a change

- - - Updated - - -

good mount for charity, nice move

- - - Updated - - -

yes plz morer class quests (like in Swotr). ty fro companions (like in other games) and make game more lively for ingame events

- - - Updated - - -

miss a little new race and class, like in previous expansions

- - - Updated - - -

no annual pass, like previously, (You pay for year and get mount and HoS free???), you surprise me

- - - Updated - - -

Do you thing to put something like Foundry from neverwinter in WoW??

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Hooray for WoD! Now to literally play the waiting game...

- - - Updated - - -

They've stated that Blood Elves and Draenei are not getting updated.

I do wonder if there will be a huge outcry after the new models are done, seeing as female Belves and Draenei are super common and won't stack up to any of the other models in the game.
    STOP LYING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We’re still in the process of determining which races will be available upon the expansion’s release, but our goal is to update all eight of the original World of Warcraft playable races, along with the Draenei and Blood Elves, over the course of the expansion launch and subsequent content updates."

Deleted
    Could of added text into pictures which one is the original, cause frankly can't really tell from some of those. Guess it was so very important and dev time used for..

don't you guys start feeling little old (when I see you in this chairs looks like old gods)?? put some young blood in your team

- - - Updated - - -

and about raids, you just changed names and makes hc (now mythic) 20??

not played wow since about 2 month after pandaria was released was hoping the the new warcraft would give me a reason to play but so far nothing is making me even consider resubbing.
    heroes of the storm looks interesting and so does the new diablo 3 expansion hearthstone does not interest me in the slightest

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Lets stick to facts shall we and skip the fan talk.

Draenei and Blood elves will NOT get new models at launch of WOD. That was said loud and clear by devs. ONLY the old orginal vanilla races are being worked on right now and note this... There is NOTHING saying that the expansion will launch with ANY new models... cause Blizzard has stated already multiple times that they are not ready.

"The team hasn't decided how new character models will be released yet. It could have all of the completed race at launch, or they could be added every patch."

NO WORK HAS YET BEEN DONE ON THE TWO TBC ADDED RACES. That is a fact and was claimed at Blizzcon 2013.

Here is a DIRECT quote from MMO-Champion
    Worgen and Goblin won't be getting new models right away. The team will take a look at those models after all of the other ones are done.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ld-of-Warcraft line 17.
    Next time read my post you quoted did I say that the updated Belf and Draenei models were going to be at launch no I did not.

And again I will bold / underline and italic the part again from the front page.. That all the races up to and including the ones added in TBC will have new models..

New Character Models

The old Dwarf male has 1,160 polygons and was mirrored on both sides. The new model is 7,821 polygons and has higher texture resolutions. The face doesn't have to be symmetrical anymore.
    They went 956 to 5,408 polygons on the Gnomes. 130 to 196 bones. Texture resolution was 2 to 5x higher depending on the area of the body.
    Dwarf Female, Tauren Male, and Female Troll models are all being worked on right now.
    All of the original races, Draenei, and Blood Elves will be getting new models for Warlords.
    Worgen and Goblin won't be getting new models right away. The team will take a look at those models after all of the other ones are done.
    Facial hair is animated using bones.
    Capes are now animated using bones to flow more naturally.
    Gnome female pigtails are now animated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilfayt View Post
    While they claimed no work has been done, they never said they're not doing them...quite the opposite in fact... It was at the damn Q & A that they said it... they've also said they might do some models at launch with others 'staggered' through patches(which honestly, is the better idea, as long as they start getting previews of the others up around that time).

Every post you make makes me think you haven't even read the announcements...

Edit: I see you edited your original post, which now makes this make even less sense. You're practically saying what the guy you were quoting said...:P
    Yeah makes no sense now though I did quote their original post on this and yes looks like they didn't read that section on the front page..

Quote Originally Posted by Haribol View Post
    don't you guys start feeling little old (when I see you in this chairs looks like old gods)?? put some young blood in your team

- - - Updated - - -

and about raids, you just changed names and makes hc (now mythic) 20??
    the problem is the amount of hate out there. Young blood typically lack the fortitude and willingness to get hate thrown at them (and have death threats on their families) and thus do not appear in the spot light.

hell many altogether avoid game careers, severely damaging the industry.

all thanks to "fans" who blow even the most basic of sentences out of proportion or find a scapegoat for perceived slights.

the veterans have tough skin but we cant expect (abliet very skilled and talent) young blood to have the fortitude of elder masters from the get go.

Thus blizz's youngblood arent standing there at the table.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    the problem is the amount of hate out there. Young blood typically lack the fortitude and willingness to get hate thrown at them (and have death threats on their families) and thus do not appear in the spot light.

hell many altogether avoid game careers, severely damaging the industry.

all thanks to "fans" who blow even the most basic of sentences out of proportion or find a scapegoat for perceived slights.

the veterans have tough skin but we cant expect (abliet very skilled and talent) young blood to have the fortitude of elder masters from the get go.

Thus blizz's youngblood arent standing there at the table.
    Yeah in a sense it won't be games devs and publishers that kill off the games industry it will be games communities and fans that will do it through their sometimes rabid over zealousness and hate..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gifu View Post
    Could of added text into pictures which one is the original, cause frankly can't really tell from some of those. Guess it was so very important and dev time used for..
    Yeah... right.. get some glasses bub.

Why do Gnomes have 5 toes but only 4 fingers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adonael View Post
    Aslong as it's going ot be one character then it's ok i guess... who would want to do the old content anyways :P ( might even see some old players coming back )
    Everyone gets 1 free 90, you don't buy them anywhere.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead!

The primary stats on armor will now change based on your spec. Plate drops and it will have whatever stats your class needs, no more Intellect plate! No more PvP Priest Healing set and PvP Priest DPS set, just a Priest set.
    How is no one talking about this?

Is this going to work like timeless isle or is one gear set all my druid is going to need to play any spec? (besides trinkets / weapons)

Because if this is the case I will 100% be playing hybrids from now on.

New Character Models

The team hasn't decided how new character models will be released yet. It could have all of the completed race at launch, or they could be added every patch.
    Not to sound like an arse, but if we are not getting a new race or class.. Shouldn't they for sure have it ready at launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Rokzum View Post
    Not to sound like an arse, but if we are not getting a new race or class.. Shouldn't they for sure have it ready at launch?
    BLizzard said in August they were done with 25% of the models for vanilla Races. That took them 2 years. They just started work on female dwarfs and Night elves now. Then they said that they would take a look at TBC races after that. The chance of those races being in at launch are zero IMO.

Blizzard and some of the fanboys are out here trying to make it sound like all the original classes + tbc races will be ready at launch of WOD. Its very much understandable they are trying to build that as a hype since the expansion has so little to offer in terms of new races and classes. The fact of the matter is that it looks highly unlikely when you actually read what was said at Blizzcon.

With that said. I do expect all old models to get updated within the next 2 years. Cause that is quite frankly the time frame BLizzard has given. But it would NOT surprise me one bit tho if they keep draenei and Blood elves until even later. It could become a selling point for the Expansion in 2 years time... just like the models are now the selling point for WOD... even tho the expansion might launch with ZERO new models.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    How is no one talking about this?

Is this going to work like timeless isle or is one gear set all my druid is going to need to play any spec? (besides trinkets / weapons)

Because if this is the case I will 100% be playing hybrids from now on.
    Yes - this will help hybrids alot. It's not on all gear tho.

MOP did a horrible job of supporting multirole characters. It caused all sort of issues that BLizzard should have realised well before.. but didin't. These changes will help for sure. BUt for me.... Not enough to get me back into the game.

Dat Undead :OOO

That female dwarf!!!!!!!! She looks great. The gnome is also so cute. I know everyone's crying that there's no new race/class, but how can you not be thrilled to get these new models for the original characters we've been playing for >8 years (in my case). That's 10x better than a new race where I try out the starting zone and check out the /dance then go back to my priest. I bet new models + the free 90 + the TBC connection will bring some people back into the fold. Very excited for this xpac.

remember bit... ... heh I mean people, every 2 expansions we receive a new class, or did you forget that BC and Cataclysm didn't have a class? ... wait for the next expansion in 2016-2017 ... and you will have whatever is left in the blizz imagination for your new class ... for myself I hope is tinkerman, or idk ... but the last mail slot class must be filled to match all trio of armor types ... W-P-D ... D-R-M ... M-P-W ... and we miss the third one with H-S-?