Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I am looking at this expansion and I keep wondering....

First and formost I wonder, is this really an expansion?
    To me is it not an expansion, it is just prolonging the MoP, the expansion that in my mind killed off all interest for me for WoW.

Really? New models for old toon, thats going to make or break the game?
    Really? Go back to BC stuff... im waiting for a reincarnation of Illidan who will say "Now... you are not prepared"
    Garrison, thats new...oh wait... what is it again? area in a town that can be unlocked, thats sounds familiar, anyone ever been playing BC and that cute little island...
    woot, level 100, what useless skill do we get tot eh 10 extra levels? something like "shine the totem" for shaman for example.

No, really, I expected much much more from Blizzard, it seems to me that for every expansion there has been less and less truly imaginitive new things and
    it is more and more regugurating the old stuff. Heck I was hopeing for Emerald Dream expansion and some truly epic historical content. and what do we get?

This is not blowing any new life into WoW and I for one thing that WoW time at the throne of MMO is over. They lack the "new blood" and the willpower to create
    anything thats awesome, thats swings, that make you sit up and pay attention.

and it is sad. cause I am old school WoW and to see it this way is just....sad

I was hoping for something.. better. Then again, WoW is old and I shouldn't hope for it to last forever - it's just not going to happen.

No new class, no new race, 10 "speedy" levels (so presumably less content to fill those 10 levels), a free lv90 of your choosing, and then.. garrisons, ok fine that may not appeal to me but surely it'll thrill someone.

EDIT: Forgot the new character models. Well it'll be nice, as far as the original races are concerned at least, but I have the stinkin' feeling we're not actually getting as much as they would like to make it sound - it is no doubt an insane amount of work, but it's not a content feature you build an expansion around - so they surely have to find a balance between the two.

And then the weirdest part is the timing; 5.4 has been out for 2 months and they confirmed there's no 5.5 - no new content until WoD comes out, but we don't know when it's coming out (and Blizz sure as hell doesn't want to say anything about it).

Typically expansions are announced before we get stuck in the last tier of content that'll get stretched out to carry us over to the next expansion, but not this time. Is it bad planning or are we set for an actual surprise - say, WoD comes out before the end of the year? Hopefully they're not out to repeat the awful 6-month wait at the end of WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    That whole option buying a 90 from their store. I just find that appalling. I hope it doesn't go through. *Sigh* Who even thought of having this boost to 90 to begin with???
    You know, I've been looking through this info several times, and I cannot for the life of me find where it says you HAVE to use this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnome models ain't lookin' half bad!

I haven't seen it mentioned but won't the updated models for players also effect most of the NPCs of those same races throughout the rest of the game (think how the goblins were updated everywhere in Cata)?
    Sort of an updated graphics trickle-down for cities and faction NPCs. So it isn't just about you hiding your shiny new character model under your gear but also seeing them whenever you talk to quest givers/merchants/guards etc. Obviously major characters who already have unique models (Thrall, Garrosh, Varian, Jaina, Voljin, Sylvanas etc) probably will not be effected but they look better than the players already.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the next expac isn't out by april subs are gonna bottom out. Reminds me of the end of WoTLK ... the boredom ... the endless alt runs through ICC

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still not sold on people wanting more classes. I would love to see some, but I don't want to see Blizzard waste dev time on WoD to balance them with other classes/roles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

The fact that Blizz has more expansions lined up after WoD just makes it feel like an over glorified patch, really. Some cool features but as Blizz mentioned during Blizzcon, they want expansion features compartmentalized to their expansions. With that in mind, WoD will be quickly forgotten then. If you ask me, WoD is more about lore. Especially since WoD will lead into the next expansion. At this point, why even call them expansions?

"The team is backing off the idea that leveling should be a long grind."

I still prefer the idea of some kind of xp buff that unlocks after you hit max level on a character, so you have that indepth levelling experience once, then don't have to drag yourself through it on every alt.

I am actually really impressed with the updated character models. They've done exactly what they said they wanted to do so far- keep the same look, just updated. Bravo. One tiny complaint- the female gnome's eyes look just 1 or 2 ticks too big to me. But none of those are really races I play. I'm eager to see humans, draenei, and night elves.

Nothing else aside from the inventory changes really excites me about this expansion though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSweetness View Post
    I am actually really impressed with the updated character models. They've done exactly what they said they wanted to do so far- keep the same look, just updated. Bravo. One tiny complaint- the female gnome's eyes look just 1 or 2 ticks too big to me. But none of those are really races I play. I'm eager to see humans, draenei, and night elves.

Nothing else aside from the inventory changes really excites me about this expansion though.
    There was something about the new eyes I kinda disliked as well, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I'm really sick of people saying they are not getting new race or class for this expansion. in mop you got both. by rights in the previously established pattern set by the previous expansions per expansion you get one or the other. in wod you should not expect anything from that department. however they are completely redoing the vanilla and/or tbc races totaling in 10 new races or 20 brand spanking new player models. all taking almost as much time each to develop as the panderan took. i can assure you the first day wod drops and you play with your toon in their brand spanking new bod you will prefer to have that then early 2014 rather then have that plus new race and class after blizzcon 2014

Deleted
    hope it will come soon <3

Deleted
    I love the new characters models.
    I allways play undeads and dwarfs females, I love the way that they looks...but where is the dwarf female breast??

That gnome-woman looks repulsive.
    Like an over-fed twelve year old with lopsided bulgy eyes, too much make up and constantly pulling some face... like they are trying too hard to make her look 'cute'.
    Making characters that look like prepubescent girls in a game for players over twelve is kind of a strange thing to do.