View Poll Results: Do you agree with Blizzard decision ? No content till WOD

Voters
981. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    425 43.32%
  • No

    354 36.09%
  • Don't care

    202 20.59%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Stood in the Fire Hooliganz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    450
    let them take their time

  2. #222
    Release 5.5: OMG WoD is going to take ages, hurry up BLIZZ!

    No 5.5: OMG what are we supposed to do till WoD comes out??

    MFW: @_@

  3. #223
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    611
    Not like we would get out of WoD if there was a patch 5.5
    #SaveKarabor2014
    #SaveBladespire2014

  4. #224
    amazing that most people in this poll are content with no new content, you got to demand more if you want more.
    It's not a "betrayal" or a hating attitude, to just say "this is not okay". you can love a game, yet be critical of it.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    amazing that most people in this poll are content with no new content, you got to demand more if you want more.
    It's not a "betrayal" or a hating attitude, to just say "this is not okay". you can love a game, yet be critical of it.
    Blizzard just knows its player base well. Last time they had no content for a year they only lost 25% of it. They know the 75% that they kept are happy with nothing. When people are happy receiving nothing they can do what they want.
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    amazing that most people in this poll are content with no new content, you got to demand more if you want more.
    It's not a "betrayal" or a hating attitude, to just say "this is not okay". you can love a game, yet be critical of it.
    Most people in this poll want WoD content sooner, rather than more MoP content filler which would push WoD content out further. And yes, it's a question of one or the other - every hour somebody spends working on filler content for MoP is an hour they're not spending getting WoD finalized.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    Why does everyone always act shocked and complain about a close to year-long lull after the final raid comes out when this has happened in every single expansion so far?
    The funny thing is, from Vanilla to Burning Crusade this didn't happen. And then people complained they didn't get the time to complete Naxx before the expansion hit.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    The funny thing is, from Vanilla to Burning Crusade this didn't happen. And then people complained they didn't get the time to complete Naxx before the expansion hit.
    Between Naxx and TBC was 210 days
    Between Sunwell and WOTLK was 233 days
    Between ICC and 'The Shattering' was 350 days (196 days between ICC and Ruby Sanctum, and 156 days between Ruby Sanctum and 'The Shattering') +14 another days for Cata release
    Between DS and Theramore was 294 days, +7 another days for MoP release

    I have a timeline for all the main patches and releases because sometimes I get bored
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.

  9. #229
    Brewmaster Skayth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Backwards Country
    Posts
    1,309
    I am pretty sure they are in internal alpha. They clearly stated one zone is not going to be accessible at launch (netherstorm/fat-w.e.) I wouldnt be surprised they announced beta next month or January. Contrary to belief, I think what we are waiting on is basically more character models to be finished and a few dungeons and raids to be finished up, with a few touch ups here and there.

    We did not see 2 zones at blizzcon, and the ones we saw looked complete, the only one that may be contrary to this is hellfire, but we saw bits of it in the trailer, but we did not see the spires or nagrand. But, I believe they are mostly done with the zones, and just need to finish up dungeons and character models. Hell, they even stated at blizzcon, that they are ready beginning to work on the next wow expansion. So, for me, I think we are going to see them finish up character models for the first 8 races, and then get a release date.

  10. #230
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    no, but 9 women can make 1 baby a month for 9 months, assuming you allow a nine month leadtime.

    sorry, what was your point again?
    His or her point probably was that increasing the amount of resources won't necessarily make a product come out that much faster.
    Blizz themselves said that simply hiring more people won't be the guaranteed way of getting content out in shorter periods of time.
    It will be sped up of course but it's not a linear correlation.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Considering we do not have a Beta and looking at past history I think in my opinion Wod won't be out for around a year. Blizzard says they are going to try to get it out sooner. We will see. Either way they said no new content Till WOD comes out
    I just do not at all understand why you think SoO is going to last for 14 months? (1 year from now).

    What are you basing this on?

    This would be suicide for WoW imo.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    I am pretty sure they are in internal alpha. They clearly stated one zone is not going to be accessible at launch (netherstorm/fat-w.e.) I wouldnt be surprised they announced beta next month or January. Contrary to belief, I think what we are waiting on is basically more character models to be finished and a few dungeons and raids to be finished up, with a few touch ups here and there.

    We did not see 2 zones at blizzcon, and the ones we saw looked complete, the only one that may be contrary to this is hellfire, but we saw bits of it in the trailer, but we did not see the spires or nagrand. But, I believe they are mostly done with the zones, and just need to finish up dungeons and character models. Hell, they even stated at blizzcon, that they are ready beginning to work on the next wow expansion. So, for me, I think we are going to see them finish up character models for the first 8 races, and then get a release date.
    Adding to that how many times prior to this did they have the max-level talents all ready to show at the announcement? Granted it's easier as it sounds like they aren't adding abilities and didn't re-structure the whole talent system, but still.
    "What do you consider your greatest fault?"
    "Honesty."
    "I don't think honesty is a fault."
    "I don't care what you think."

  13. #233
    Herald of the Titans RicardoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hotlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,556
    I wish they wouldn't even do a Beta. You know the reason why content used to last a lot longer than it does now? There weren't guides and videos and loot tables and spreadsheets out months before content even went live. You weren't expected to know every mechanic on every boss before you even accepted the quest to enter the dungeon. I wish we could just up and erase all theorycrafting and betas and things like that for good.

  14. #234
    Brewmaster Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rivenspire
    Posts
    1,278
    I hope not, i've been bored of MoP since 5.2.

  15. #235
    Mechagnome Zelbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Cave
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    What makes you doubt they can't get it out somewhere between April-June?
    The new Diablo expansion gets released around that time (presumably, from the AH removal).

  16. #236
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I hope not, i've been bored of MoP since 5.2.
    I have unsubbed clearing all of SoO normal and there is little else to do (my guild does not progress seriously through heroics - and pugging those is terrible.)

    But I will be back for the next one... I always give them a chance.

  17. #237
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I just do not at all understand why you think SoO is going to last for 14 months? (1 year from now).

    What are you basing this on?

    This would be suicide for WoW imo.

    Mop was announced in Oct and released in Sept the following year.

    Other xpacs have the same record

  18. #238
    Yeah, I mean there's no solid rule that says an expansion will magically appear at our feet with a maximum wait time of one year after 5.4 launches. Any time spent adding additional MoP "bridging" content will be time taken away from WoD.

  19. #239
    Their Q3 documents released for the investor call did not state any expansion release for 2014. And in the past, they've been very forthcoming with that information. You can't really get any closer to 'the source' than that.

    investor.activision.com/results.cfm

  20. #240
    Blizzard spent this entire expansion doing everything in their power to push out content at what is basically a breakneck pace, compared to what it's been in the past.

    Why in the world, I ask, would they suddenly stop pushing out content quickly to go back to the old standby of having a horrifically long final tier? They know better. They're not that dumb. The WoW team is larger and has more steam than it's ever had in the past. Moreover, it's going to be a very short beta: the game is playable (even a dungeon is already playable), and there's no new race or class to worry about. I can't really see any logical reason for Blizzard to wait until the next holiday season. Any money they gained with holiday sales would be offset by the suicide of going 14 months without new content.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •